• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

onijo84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Send selvedge officer chinos my way if you happened to get lucky and grabbed any in size ~ 17(34). At a reasonable price of course.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by stu00a
i cleaned out Vegas area today. vegas and primm over 50 items will be up on wednesday. price will be little high because all outlets have tjem only at 50% off
Originally Posted by osadolor619
Market saturation has begun.
mhmm
lurker[1].gif

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It means it's ALL BAD!!!! The absence of good!

Sorry, i meant what does it mean in relation to RRL. I am surprised to see so much RRL on ebay and b&s. Has it always been this way? I feel that even 8 months ago it wasnt this bad. thats when i first got into RRL and remember having one hell of a time finding jeans. Now its falling like manna from heaven.

2 problems that I see: Does all this 'cheap' RRL on B&S and ebay water down the brand? I know it makes it more affordable and accessible to more people but at what point does it become like Polo?

2nd problem is that if so much of it makes its way to ebay and b&s, could you then say that RRL isnt making the required return needed to fund and maintain the quality of the brand?

Im not complaining. Ill take all the discounted RRL i can get while i can get it

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't quit your day job. If you see pieces/sizes that you know people would want, scoop them up. It's not enough to make a living but enough to fund your own B/S thread binge.

Yeah, it ends up being borderline, with the risk and the hassle, for relatively low returns. But it can fund your own binges, and it can be fun if you want it to be. It's also a nice service to make things available here; I know I appreciate being able to purchase from sales threads.

I'm also going to have a sale thread, but much smaller size than stu00a - 50 items! Can't wait to see it all.

Also wondering where the flood of RRL is coming from. My outlet didn't have much in the past and all of a sudden it has a ton!

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by stu00a
i cleaned out Vegas area today. vegas and primm over 50 items will be up on wednesday.
price will be little high because all outlets have tjem only at 50% off

can't wait, definitely waiting for some small size here

deez nuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wEstSidE
exactly!

btw, i got these fleece sweatpants from lighthouse today. has anyone seen them before? expect pics this weekend...

speaking of sweats, does anyone else find that RRL sweatshirts run small? i am typically a size S in shirts, M in jackets, but need a L in sweatshirts. i even have an XL that runs only a little big.

el duderino

Reaction score
Originally Posted by deez nuts
speaking of sweats, does anyone else find that RRL sweatshirts run small? i am typically a size S in shirts, M in jackets, but need a L in sweatshirts. i even have an XL that runs only a little big.

Depends on the season. Recent sweats and hoodies have been slimmed up quite a bit. And the hoodies in particular run short in length. If you want to layer a button up shirt depending on your build you may need to size up on the sweats

Westside, were those the fleece cargos? Don't think anyone bought those and there was another pair of nylon cargos from lighthouse that had metals hook closures that was pretty ugly. The sweat pants they make are nice for lounging around in, but nothing I'd wear in public (not like I'd wear sweats in public anyways like some people on this board as much as George Costanza is my hero).

wEstSidE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yes the fleece cargos. i am totally down with sweat pants in public. this is my third pair of designer sweats (jeremy scott, rlx, now rrl).

the recent glut of RRL - the distribution scheme is weird. they don't send out big boxes if there is still PSR on the floor. so basically there won't be anything new at an outlet until the supply there is exhausted. i'm not good with survival rate type forecasting but you can see that stuff will sell out at about the same rate everywhere.

additionally, there has been some change in internal management at Ralph Lauren. from what i understand, someone who is in charge of "what gets sent where" came from the outlet division and gave the go ahead to send more RRL. whether this is a long term trend or short run i don't know.

also kmd, osadolor, and others are right. it's not a lot of money. i basically use proceeds to buy more RRL. i don't even buy other brands any more because at outlet (or ebay) prices RRL is around the best deal in clothing.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads