The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

1. westinghouse

westinghouse Senior member

Does the raw RRL Jeans fade that much?

I washed mine about a dozen times in cold water and detergent and there is barely any fading.

2. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

x-posted from RRL officer chino contest thread

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

3. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

RDK, are people wearing their chinos already?

4. randomkoreandude

i assumed so. i wore mine the second time today. i think the start date was just to get people time to get a pair for themselves and post up pics but im fairly certain no one cares enough to be anal about the exact start date of people wearing these. plus a few have had these for awhile now and i think a few might still be waiting for their pair as well

5. Matt44

Matt44 Senior member

it seems that 45rpm and BiG do chain stitching in NYC . . . edit: 45rpm no longer does hemming unless you buy their denim, and BiG is charging $30!

I checked with BiG last week and they said the work can be done same-day if it's not too busy. Makes me more inclined to drop the $30.

6. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

i assumed so. i wore mine the second time today. i think the start date was just to get people time to get a pair for themselves and post up pics but im fairly certain no one cares enough to be anal about the exact start date of people wearing these. plus a few have had these for awhile now and i think a few might still be waiting for their pair as well
    gotcha. I ask because I am out of town this week and I would have brought them with me had I known. I want to get as many wears in as possible [​IMG]

7. randomkoreandude

gotcha. I ask because I am out of town this week and I would have brought them with me had I known. I want to get as many wears in as possible [​IMG]

haha you will be fine brotha ... the weather around dc area has been stifling hot and humid. this summer with 2 contest is looking real rough. i foresee a lot of shelf life on the jeans and officers sadly [​IMG]

8. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

haha you will be fine brotha ... the weather around dc area has been stifling hot and humid. this summer with 2 contest is looking real rough. i foresee a lot of shelf life on the jeans and officers sadly [​IMG]
    haa, I agree. I usually wear wool slacks to work so I am trying to figure out a way to sneak the officer chinos into the rotation. Im shooting for 4 wears/week. That dc area weather will only help you break in your chinos. All that sweat around the crotchery.. [​IMG]

9. randomkoreandude

haa, I agree. I usually wear wool slacks to work so I am trying to figure out a way to sneak the officer chinos into the rotation. Im shooting for 4 wears/week. That dc area weather will only help you break in your chinos. All that sweat around the crotchery.. [​IMG]

yeah once i start working i think i can swing 3/4 wears a week between work and weekends ... but unlike jawns i dont think i can last long without washing these bad boys especially for work haha

10. Blog Marley

Blog Marley Senior member

11. randomkoreandude

Question regarding the older? jeans. Does anyone know of any men's that had 2% lycra in them?

also I'm not sure about the rise. The fly area looks very low. But the pants are oriented the right way?

http://cgi.ebay.com/RRL-Jeans-Slim-F...#ht_500wt_1156

im fairly certain that the ones that are not 100% and have lycra for stretch are intended for women. however the slim fit is a unisex cut so you could def rock it.

my oxblood reds in 28x34 were hanging on the girls sale rack cuz they were so small (although my oxbloods dont have lycra and are 100% cotton)

12. Dave_SFU

Dave_SFU Senior member

I cleaned out Wrentham tonight. Pics and sales to come.

13. deez nuts

deez nuts Senior member

^^^ nice, hoping there are some smaller sizes!

general question, curious to know how much one can really make by selling RRL bought from the outlets here on SF? i thought the biggest discount u can get at the outlets was 50% off?

14. osadolor619

osadolor619 Senior member

^^^ nice, hoping there are some smaller sizes!

general question, curious to know how much one can really make by selling RRL bought from the outlets here on SF? i thought the biggest discount u can get at the outlets was 50% off?

I wouldn't quit your day job. If you see pieces/sizes that you know people would want, scoop them up. It's not enough to make a living but enough to fund your own B/S thread binge.

15. Dave_SFU

Dave_SFU Senior member

I wouldn't quit your day job. If you see pieces/sizes that you know people would want, scoop them up. It's not enough to make a living but enough to fund your own B/S thread binge.

I picked up a few things for myself and a few to sell.

You can get stuff more than 50% off if you know how to work it.