• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lenard

Reaction score
does anyone have any physical look books they're looking to part with? particularly from the last season or two? my store contact unfortunately doesn't have any more
I just got a bunch of physical catalogs from the past three years

SLCRich

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Like my mans on the previous page said, best shirt of the bunch. Not seen very well is the rinsed indigo pocket tee under it. The 9oz denim (can never remember the wash but SUPER comfortable jeans) and kudo leather Vibergs. Off to a sports bar to cheer on my Jazz

20191023_184855.jpg
20191023_184834.jpg

oynag

Reaction score
Thanks, guess I will wait until I can find a M to compare.

Recent pickups and stuff I've tried on:
View attachment 1265067
New season cardigan, really like the colorway but not sure I need another cardigan.

Also, that cardigan is HEAVY. Very dense. I liked it a lot but could wear it one week out of the year in CA. Too much for me.

kwonster

Reaction score
Also, that cardigan is HEAVY. Very dense. I liked it a lot but could wear it one week out of the year in CA. Too much for me.
That was definitely part of my consideration... although I already have multiple heavy cardigans and shearling jackets in socal... and of course it hit 95 degrees today haha.

bobbo28

Reaction score
I'm an M in every RRL piece I own. The M fits me really well. For my body type, the L would be very slouchy as you stated

Now that you’ve had the bomber for long enough to get in a few wears, what’s your conclusion? Your fit pic shows the contrast in ‘true’ appearance from the photo’s published online. I really like the faux shearling collar but I’m wondering if the collar is too ‘wide’ in person (often the problem I have with shearling!) and I’m thinking this jacket may not see the light of day very often in Southern Calif. due to our warmer weather. Is the jacket pretty toasty?

Thanks!

SLCRich

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Now that you’ve had the bomber for long enough to get in a few wears, what’s your conclusion? Your fit pic shows the contrast in ‘true’ appearance from the photo’s published online. I really like the faux shearling collar but I’m wondering if the collar is too ‘wide’ in person (often the problem I have with shearling!) and I’m thinking this jacket may not see the light of day very often in Southern Calif. due to our warmer weather. Is the jacket pretty toasty?

Thanks!
I think you'd be fine with it unless you run hot. It's heavier than a denim jacket or a windbreaker. T shirt underneath and you should be fine especially when the sun is down

Bing75

Reaction score
currently feeling these items:

s7-1340933_lifestyle

Would like to know how much of this is actually wool

s7-1341240_lifestyle

s7-1341128_lifestyle

s7-1341264_lifestyle

fwedo

Reaction score
this fleece is very similar to Patagonia's fleeces...Half price and (to me) more authentic. And quality seems better on the Patagonia (I have seen both IRL).

One of them have the (exact) same yellow used by RRL on one of their down jackets (2 years ago)

I love Ralph Lauren and RRL, but when inspiration is too obvious, like here, i prefer to stick with the original.

Randelpink

Reaction score
this fleece is very similar to Patagonia's fleeces...Half price and (to me) more authentic. And quality seems better on the Patagonia (I have seen both IRL).

One of them have the (exact) same yellow used by RRL on one of their down jackets (2 years ago)

I love Ralph Lauren and RRL, but when inspiration is too obvious, like here, i prefer to stick with the original.
completely agree and thought the exact same when I first saw the fleece. Hard to beat any outer/performance wear from patagonia, but certainly easier to ‘out style’ them lol

Bing75

Reaction score
completely agree and thought the exact same when I first saw the fleece. Hard to beat any outer/performance wear from patagonia, but certainly easier to ‘out style’ them lol

This looks nice but doesn't have the arm patches of the RRL also it's not wool where are the RRL seems to be.

kwonster

Reaction score
FYI Ralph Lauren sent out coupons for 25% off all full price items

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads