The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

1. Froosh

Froosh Senior member

Thanks man, and thanks to everyone else who provided measurements too. I thought the only colors available for the Japanese selvedges were blue, white, pink and blue university stripe? What other colorways are there?

Here's measurement for a selvedge shirt I already had, it's red/white striped with white collar and made in China type rather than Sri Lanka. I'll post the other shirt's measurements when I get it next week hopefully.

P2P - 22 inches
    Sleeve from seam to end of cuff - 27 inches
    Across front 9 inches below pit - 21.5 inches
    Across shoulders from top sleeve seams - 18.5 inches
    Length from bottom of collar to back hem - 31 inches

2. JasonV

JasonV Senior member

Has anyone got or tried the mint green short sleeve sweatshirt that I think was in Key West collection? Measurements on ebay look a bit on the big side, chest on medium is 22.5 inches across and on large 24 inches across.

I'm usually a large in RRL and thinking of sizing down?

3. osadolor619

osadolor619 Senior member

Yo, the red oxbloods are on eBay in size 31 if anyone wants to jump on them!

4. Opermann

Opermann Senior member

Looks like I'll be digging up a 20% off coupon and heading to the Aurora outlet... Nice stuff!

Edit: Do RRL shipments generally head to outlets around the same time? I suppose I should call first.

5. wEstSidE

wEstSidE Senior member

not particularly.

6. Dave_SFU

Dave_SFU Senior member

Stopped by Wrentham Outlet tonight. They had a good amount of RRL there. Lighthouse and Outlaw collection shirts, some cords, some limited edition pants, a really cool military poncho style coat that was limited to 20 that i almost picked up.

7. Dodo

Dodo Senior member

Can someone give me the arm sleeve opening (from shoulder seam to the armpit) on a large RRL shirt please? My chest measures 40" and most of my best fitting shirts measure 21" p2p. I saw it was said that I would be a large in RRL (where it seems the p2p ranges from 22" to 23") so I'm trying to see how high the armholes are. Thanks.
    My chest is 40" too, I would like to know if size medium which is 20,5 p2p in some rrl oxfords could be unwearable by me. Do you think in 100% cotton shirt it's better have at least 2" more than your chest measument?

8. narcissism

narcissism Senior member

Looks like I'll be digging up a 20% off coupon and heading to the Aurora outlet... Nice stuff!

Edit: Do RRL shipments generally head to outlets around the same time? I suppose I should call first.

Nothing at Aurora.

9. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

all you peeps who are finding RRL at outlets ... BUY SMALLER SIZES ie 28s and XS and post on B&S. damn jap resellers are killing me [​IMG]

10. wEstSidE

wEstSidE Senior member

Stopped by Wrentham Outlet tonight. They had a good amount of RRL there. Lighthouse and Outlaw collection shirts, some cords, some limited edition pants, a really cool military poncho style coat that was limited to 20 that i almost picked up.
    this one? [​IMG] [​IMG] i got it.

11. aj_del

aj_del Senior member

Just got my first RRL jeans, a straight leg in a faded light blue. I am very pleasantly surprised by the quality of the denim and the construction. I am no expert but they feel as well made and substantial as any Japanese jeans I have bought.

Just one thing, size down like crazy. I generally wear 33-34 actual waist. i got the 32 in straight leg and I wish I should have got the 31.

12. PaulYAY

PaulYAY Senior member

My chest is 40" too, I would like to know if size medium which is 20,5 p2p in some rrl oxfords could be unwearable by me. Do you think in 100% cotton shirt it's better have at least 2" more than your chest measument?

yes. My absolute minimum is 2.5 or 3" of chest clearance with buttondowns (not 100% sure of my actual chest measurement, hence the two numbers). The way the shirt will fit is also dependent upon the cut of the armholes (how high and wide) among other things, but for almost all modern shirts I've found those numbers to work well as the low range. I have a 36" or 36.5" chest, and 19.5" across from pit to pit is my tightest fitting shirt that I'm comfortable wearing (and I wear most things fairly slim fitting).

13. el duderino

el duderino Senior member

this one?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] i got it.

Nice pickup, that jacket soldout in smaller sizes. If anyone happens upon one in a Small, PM me and I'll pay proxy fees plus shipping.

14. harveyrabbit

harveyrabbit Senior member

this one? [​IMG] [​IMG] i got it.
    Nice cop! I want that coat. I want to echo El Duderino. If anyone happens upon a medium (42r) please PM and I will similarly pay proxy and shipping. Cheers.

15. wEstSidE

wEstSidE Senior member

all you peeps who are finding RRL at outlets ... BUY SMALLER SIZES ie 28s and XS and post on B&S. damn jap resellers are killing me [​IMG]

RKD, i feel you. i am definitely looking out for smaller sizes. do you want shirts or mostly other stuff?