- Sep 16, 2007
- Reaction score
I have multiple versions of that jacket purchased from Ralph site.So, here is why we can call it a fake:
1. The unbranded patch is a bit odd for RRL
2, It's only selvedge half way down. Most selvedge RRL denim jackets I've seen and own are selvedge all around, including around the collar (but this is not always the case)
3. RRL is fond of making denim jackets in the USA, especially $490 ones
And here is why we can call it genuine:
1. 4 different, probably unrelated, sellers are selling this on Ebay
2. Some of the listings don't have branded leather patches either
3. The rivets and buttons are all properly branded RRL. I'm no counterfeiter, but I imagine it would be a bit hard to stamp steel. I don't know
4. A $490 anything made in China isn't unusual for RRL
5. It's styled and distressed appropriately for a RRL offering
6. You get a denim jacket heavily distressed like that and, yeah, it will feel flimsy, $490 or otherwise
It's probably real.
They're both selvedge only from the horizontal chest seam down.
The distressed one is made in China and it does feel a bit lightweight.
The non washed one is made in USA and doesn't have a leather tag.
The hardware and stitching in the pics looks like on mine.
The only thing that looks odd is the blank collar patch. Mine has the usual Overalls etc stuff on the patch.
I agree it's probably real.