• We would like to welcome Craftsman Clothing back as an official Affiliate Vendor. Craftsman Clothing is a brand for the refined men who want to look good with minimal effort, and care about products that are well-made. In additon to being a go-to brand for all things essential, Craftsman Clothing also offers bespoke outerwear that’s uniquely crafted for you. Please visit their thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

pvoytko

Reaction score
as an owner of iron rangers and alden indys i cant tell the difference in quality

Kwaker

Reaction score
Right, it’s the other differences that are more obvious.

SLCRich

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My current favorite piece. Weather dipped below 70 here finally so I'm gonna sweat it in haha. Camera doesn't do it justice
20190908_104711.jpg

SLCRich

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dinner calls for a wardrobe change. Helps me justify the amount of clothing I have too haha. All RRL in these two. The boots are fantastic and I believe are C&J? But someone please correct me if I'm wrong

20190908_171636.jpg
20190908_171359.jpg

zippyh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are those the UK made RRL boots? Probably made by Cheaney.

Fenderplyr

Reaction score
Not RRL but my god I'm loving this ranch blouse from mister freedom. made of 80% cotton and 20% sugar cane fibers. Will be waiting on another RRL sale before I start posting updates to that collection :)

20190906_120152.jpg20190906_120003.jpg20190906_115956.jpg

MrStoneface

Reaction score
Can someone please tell me if this “RRL” denim jacket is real or a counterfeit? The leather patch does no have any branding. Also the rivots don’t have little dimples on them. I bought it off eBay as new with tags. It doesn’t seem to feel like a $490 premium RRL denim jacket

Attachments

somatoform

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can someone please tell me if this “RRL” denim jacket is real or a counterfeit? The leather patch does no have any branding. Also the rivots don’t have little dimples on them. I bought it off eBay as new with tags. It doesn’t seem to feel like a $490 premium RRL denim jacket
So, here is why we can call it a fake:
1. The unbranded patch is a bit odd for RRL
2, It's only selvedge half way down. Most selvedge RRL denim jackets I've seen and own are selvedge all around, including around the collar (but this is not always the case)
3. RRL is fond of making denim jackets in the USA, especially $490 ones

And here is why we can call it genuine:
1. 4 different, probably unrelated, sellers are selling this on Ebay
2. Some of the listings don't have branded leather patches either
3. The rivets and buttons are all properly branded RRL. I'm no counterfeiter, but I imagine it would be a bit hard to stamp steel. I don't know
4. A $490 anything made in China isn't unusual for RRL
5. It's styled and distressed appropriately for a RRL offering
6. You get a denim jacket heavily distressed like that and, yeah, it will feel flimsy, $490 or otherwise

It's probably real.

Fenderplyr

Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

HOW OFTEN DO YOU SHOP FOR CLOTHES ONLINE?

• I mainly buy my clothes online.

• I shop online only if there is a sale.

• I shop online when shipping and returns are free.

• I shop in store only for very expensive items I want to try on.

• I mainly shop in store.

Results are only viewable after voting.