The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

1. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

agreed, i have the one from last year and had to size up b/c they ran slightly smaller
    this

2. Froosh

Froosh Senior member

Hrm? You guys had to size up? Are the measurements misleading, because the selv oxford measures nearly the same (slightly slimmer shoulders) as my western in the same size.

3. stu00a

stu00a Senior member

I was quiet surprised that I have same western style shirt in same size but different color and pattern, their size was not equal.

4. clee1982

clee1982 Senior member

The Ralph Lauren on Fulham Road (last bit of postcode is "RL"!) has a decent bit of RRL judging by the photos on the Sanforized blog. I pestered El Duderino about something and he reminded me of this. Thousands of miles away and he helped point me towards London. I was in London this weekend, actually, and although I feel uncomfortable in places as exclusive as that shop doubtless is, I was excited about the idea of a quick visit. I'd have reported back, too. Turned out there was no time between falling out with somebody's extended family, so if anybody else can make it there without incident, please tell.

Checked the RL on Fulham road, good selection, as well as some more rugged Polo selection than what's on Bond street. Some overlap with stuff sold in Liberty, but still worth a visit, I would say definitely more t-shirt and shirt selection than Liberty, also you can find smaller size there as well.

Side note, NYC still got better selection though, no surprise there...

5. airportlobby

airportlobby Senior member

Anyone knowledgable about which seasons included which collections? I found a bunch of Alaska, Outlaw, Lighthouse, Holiday Lodge, etc., and I'm curious where it all came from. Expect another large b/s thread soon, when I figure out what is gonna work for me.

6. Rayson

Rayson Well-Known Member

Checked the RL on Fulham road, good selection, as well as some more rugged Polo selection than what's on Bond street. Some overlap with stuff sold in Liberty, but still worth a visit, I would say definitely more t-shirt and shirt selection than Liberty, also you can find smaller size there as well.

Side note, NYC still got better selection though, no surprise there...

Hey, good stuff! God knows when I'll next go to NYC (only been once and didn't know about RRL), but my next visit to London is a couple of weeks so hope to have a look then. Have a good bank holiday.

7. wEstSidE

wEstSidE Senior member

what sizes did you get?

8. airportlobby

airportlobby Senior member

Only sizes that could potentially fit me - mediums and larges, with a couple XLs thrown in (too good to pass up).

9. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

10. Froosh

Froosh Senior member

Those look really nice. They look kind of stiff and have a bit of a sheen to it? Is that a RRL oxford too?

11. randomkoreandude

Those look really nice. They look kind of stiff and have a bit of a sheen to it? Is that a RRL oxford too?

thx ... they are slightly stiff but will soften with wear. and these are lighter and less stiff then the limited edition officer chinos that came out like 2 seasons ago.

the oxford is a gitman [​IMG]

12. srgprod

srgprod Senior member

Oh man! Who ya gonna call?

13. srgprod

srgprod Senior member

FYI... Got this message from my SA at the RRL Melrose store:

"I just wanted to reach out to let you know that we have a new collection called "Windships" here in the shop. It's a nautical inspired group with lots of indigo and white, and it includes some nice summer pieces.

This collection includes some great new women's product. They're really starting to bring the women's collection back with some pretty summer dresses as well as several new styles of denim.

We've also got a couple new styles of our hand-made boots in now as well as some new summer basic t-shirts and shorts. Come by and check it out if you are around or let me know if you have any questions. I'll be here today and tomorrow, as well as Monday, Wed, and Fri of this coming week."

14. clee1982

clee1982 Senior member

RRL selvedge officer chinos

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

looks nice dude, are they like super heavy cotton? How does it fit, pretty regular raise?

15. randomkoreandude

looks nice dude, are they like super heavy cotton? How does it fit, pretty regular raise?

uh they fit slightly larger than tagged in the waist and stretch slightly with wear. they are pretty light weight and perfect for spring. legs arent super slim but the overall fit is def slimmer then their limited edition release 2 seasons ago

stolen from context clothing:
    "¢ Japanese Selvedge Twill
    "¢ Woven on narrow shuttle loooms
    "¢ Busted seams in seat, outseam, and inseam
    "¢ High stitch-per-inch
    "¢ Hand turned pocket welts
    "¢ Piece-dyed fabric
    "¢ Unwashed
    "¢ Carmel color will fade with wear and wash
    "¢ 10.5 oz cotton twill
    "¢ 128 x 58 weave
    "¢ Button fly