The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

1. deez nuts

deez nuts Senior member

newbie question... do u have to have a certain number of posts before you can list items for sale? i have a RRL sweater in L from the past season thats too big. think it would sell quicker here than on ebay.

thanks!

2. wEstSidE

wEstSidE Senior member

no post limit. just make sure you follow the posted rules and you're good.

3. Froosh

Froosh Senior member

Got your message, will post some measurements when it gets here.

Cool man, appreciate it.

newbie question... do u have to have a certain number of posts before you can list items for sale? i have a RRL sweater in L from the past season thats too big. think it would sell quicker here than on ebay.

thanks!

Wow, is this the same sweater you emailed me awhile ago?

4. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

5. wEstSidE

wEstSidE Senior member

that just looks like a fuck up to me. who knows, though

6. somatoform

somatoform Senior member

"Intentionally frayed" placket? What do you guys think? Is that true or is it damaged?

Damaged. I know that tag. Besides:

1. If it was intentionally frayed, it would be the only one RRL ever made since I 've never see any other like it

2. RRL can do some shoddy distressing but I've never seen anything like that

3. If it was intentionally frayed RRL would be charging $400 for it - $225 for the shirt, $175 for fraying it for us

7. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

that just looks like a fuck up to me. who knows, though
    Damaged. I know that tag. Besides: 1. If it was intentionally frayed, it would be the only one RRL ever made since I 've never see any other like it 2. RRL can do some shoddy distressing but I've never seen anything like that 3. If it was intentionally frayed RRL would be charging $400 for it - $225 for the shirt, $175 for fraying it for us
    Brilliant analysis. I thought it just looked fucked up. If it is intentional, not sure I'd want to wear it that way. How is the denim on this one compared to the Wyoming wash? Both are selvedge, but this one looks thicker. BTW, wEstSidE, glad to see your carpenter jeans sold so quickly!

8. Froosh

Froosh Senior member

"Intentionally frayed" placket? What do you guys think? Is that true or is it damaged? Also, is this one of the super-slim shirts everyone has been talking about? 20" pit-to-pit or medium seems narrow. http://cgi.ebay.com/225-RALPH-LAUREN...ht_3936wt_1139
    LOL, I saw this one too and just noticed you put this up. I've got the EXACT shirt in a size L and it's definitely not frayed like that, the seller is an ass. Btw it is pretty slim and the numbers are a bit misleading, for instance my L is a 22.5" p2p but it tapers immediately to 21.something. The sleeves are pretty relaxed though so I just roll them up.
    Brilliant analysis. I thought it just looked fucked up. If it is intentional, not sure I'd want to wear it that way. How is the denim on this one compared to the Wyoming wash? Both are selvedge, but this one looks thicker. BTW, wEstSidE, glad to see your carpenter jeans sold so quickly!
    The denim's pretty hefty and really slubby, it has a lot more character than the one I think you're talking about (no pocket embroidery right?). It's a really nice shirt.

9. Froosh

Froosh Senior member

Anyone know the difference between the made in Sri Lanka and made in China Japanese selvedge oxfords? Were they from a different season? Differently cut? Even the tags are very different (ie the made in china has a swatch on the tag). MIC [​IMG] MISL [​IMG]

10. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

The denim's pretty hefty and really slubby, it has a lot more character than the one I think you're talking about (no pocket embroidery right?). It's a really nice shirt.

Yep. This one:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...#ht_2037wt_905

I thought about making a lower offer to that seller to account for the cost of having it repaired, but I'm not sure it's salvageable. Plus, if it runs that slim it might be too small anyway.

11. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

Anyone know the difference between the made in Sri Lanka and made in China Japanese selvedge oxfords? Were they from a different season? Differently cut? Even the tags are very different (ie the made in china has a swatch on the tag).

MIC
    [​IMG]

MISL
    [​IMG]

I just picked up a made in China selvedge in broadcloth, not oxford, that has the swatch, too. I thought that might have been a special edition sold only at Barney's, but not sure? Mine is fairly slim, too.

12. oboy_oboy

oboy_oboy Senior member

I think they were from different seasons, but not a different cut. The selvedge oxfords from 09/10 were slimmer than their non-selvedge brethren though.

13. deez nuts

deez nuts Senior member

thanks for the tip westside

and froosh, yup! i havent had the chance to take better photos and it's just been sitting in my closet.

14. deez nuts

deez nuts Senior member

I think they were from different seasons, but not a different cut. The selvedge oxfords from 09/10 were slimmer than their non-selvedge brethren though.
    agreed, i have the one from last year and had to size up b/c they ran slightly smaller

15. edubs01

edubs01 Senior member

Has anybody checked out the Windships Collection in person yet?
    So far I have only seen pics?