• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Fenderplyr

Reaction score

SLCRich

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Would like to know how those end up wearing when walking on concrete/asphalt and see if they hold up like a normal leather sole
I intend to do just that my friend. They are so damn comfortable

Cooly

Reaction score
Would like to know how those end up wearing when walking on concrete/asphalt and see if they hold up like a normal leather sole
They hold up about a year with regular, often wear on concrete in the city/urban, and then they develop a crack/hole in the sole and whistle every time you step. I've gone through two pairs now with identical results. Both the regular, mocassin RRL first came out with 2-3 years ago, and these, with the hi-topped ankle RRL came with a year and half ago.

Someone on here said Rancourt would re-sole them for $100 bucks, but I've contacted them twice now, and they have denied me twice and said "they probably made them, but they most likely no longer have the materials to re-sole them and/or lack the proper tooling". I doubt that since they make similar moccasins with similar soles year round: https://www.rancourtandcompany.com/men-s/moccasins.html

aquila49

Reaction score
I always thought of these mocs as indoor shoes. Would those soles hold up with outdoor use?

SLCRich

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I always thought of these mocs as indoor shoes. Would those soles hold up with outdoor use?
Honestly felt the same way about them, regulate to expensive indoor slippers. But they'll be expensive in and outdoor slippers haha

oynag

Reaction score
Related: Today is the last day to use the Amex offer of a $50 credit with $250 purchase in-store or online (if you received the offer). I just ordered a gift card to prepare for the sale and instantly got an email from Amex telling me that I’d get the credit. Gift cards work.

Reminder to those of you with Amex cards that may have received the offer.

Fenderplyr

Reaction score
someone tell me why RRL hasn't made a Polo shirt replacing the traditional polo player logo with the bucking bronco. I'd snap that up right quick
Capture.JPG

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.