1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

1. gnatty8

gnatty8 Distinguished Member

Have actually never had a problem receiving wrong sizes and I've been ordering RRL for years now...

2. zippyh

zippyh Distinguished Member

One time they must have had a run of pants that were marked incorrectly.
    I ordered my size and got a pair that was marked in my size but were way off. So I sent them back and ordered another pair. Received the replacement pair and they were similarly marked in my size but weren't. They weren't the same pair I had sent back since they were still in transit back to Ralph.

Got a polo jacket in the wrong size last December.

3. gerb

gerb Member

It’s all good.
    I guess it’s not meant for me to rock a pair of their corduroys.
    Just bummed about it haha.
    I was hoping they would offer me a decent promo code or something but oh well.
    Still love their stuff and will continue to purchase items.

4. zippyh

zippyh Distinguished Member

At least you got the $25GC. I didn't get anything.

5. SLCRich

SLCRich Distinguished Member

The 9.5oz Tulare wash. These are basically pajama pants level comfy.

20190206_163707.jpg 20190206_163721.jpg

6. Junglejack

Junglejack Senior Member

Those are utterly bad arse! Really am digging the 9.5 ounce Japanese denim. Might need to add those in spite of the vast majority of my RRL's being Slim Fit.

I think one of my Slim Narrows is likewise around that weight. Those are about 4 years old and are the Kentucky Bluegrass wash. Has paint specks and other things of the like. Think I have worn them once or so.

Last Week, Barneys had a pair of RRL Slim Fits in a killer wash that were $44. Could not believe how cheap they were. Lasted about 20 minutes, but they actually had the full range of sizes. They were the cheaper non US made ones, but still a really nice wash. I think the MSRP was $190 or so. Thought about ordering them, but something bothers me about RRL offering Jeans not made in the States. No doubt the quality is still quite good as the denim quality is still premium.

7. SLCRich

These are my first 9.5oz pair and they for sure won't be my last. Sadly I'm about to block myself from accessing the RRL site because it's destroying my wallet

8. Junglejack

Junglejack Senior Member

Wise decision. For Purple Label anyway, Barneys and Barneys Warehouse has stupid good prices on Purple Label and also have a smattering on RRL as well. Both when on sale (almost weekly with Warehouse/sporadic at Barneys) are massively cheaper.

On the negative, store credit or bust. Just actually missed out by a day waiting for the credit to process as both had a killer sale last week. Stinks as a Fiorini cashmere sweater at Barneys I wanted very much was $310 4 days ago and now $1100.
    Worse, this was my first ever return to Barneys after what must be close to 100 orders over the years. Such is life....

9. jayvee

jayvee Senior Member

Great jacket, is it current season? Can’t find it

10. bwfilms

bwfilms New Member

11. oynag

oynag Senior Member

12. patrick_b

patrick_b Distinguished Member

@Gus very well said.

I find the 3Sixteen CT is the perfect fit for me. Slightly higher rise with more room in the top block but tapers nicely. I wish I could find an RRL fit that is similar so I could take advantage to the great washes from RRL.

13. patrick_b

patrick_b Distinguished Member

14. walds11

walds11 Senior Member

I’m totally with you here on all counts. I find that the Rag & Bone Fit 2 Slim is the prefect fit for me. Plus the 98/2 blend is super comfy. Similar fit as your 3Sixteen CT.

RRL is one of the best in the business with their hand distressing and washes. I just can’t find the perfect fit for me.

15. SLCRich

I'm only wearing 9.5oz or less from here on out...

20190208_074926.jpg