• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NAMOR
$180 NWT RRL Selvedge Denim Oxford Shirt Sz L Large
did someone here just buy this? damn that was fast.
cheers.gif

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hey has there ever been a consensus of sizing for shirts? i know they tend to fluctuate based on style/collection ...

is a 36R a small or a XS?

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just picked up a couple of items i have been eying for a while. Ebay seller stealsanddealshere has a bunch of RRL at some great prices.
$%28KGrHqF,%21lME2EZ+Eyv8BNqu3udcLw%7E%7E0_3.JPG

$%28KGrHqF,%21l0E2DwP%29%28v%21BNqu3Ohttg%7E%7E0_3.JPG

Got both for $80 shipped EDIT - she just posted a ****-ton of the RRL Bootcut Corduroys. ~$40 shipped.

wEstSidE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
word. i'm going to be offloading some RRL i bought for myself but didn't end up liking (or it didn't fit). prices will be good.
spam[1].gif

JasonV

Reaction score
What is the sizing like, tts or are they vanity sized?

Originally Posted by el duderino
Yes, those pants are nice brown duck canvas (carhartt-like) and a favorite of mine. They are officer chino cut and have little to no distressing.

If you want killer pics of it, check out el topo's post on sufu (they are darker shade though than those pics suggest):
http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk...postcount=1233

They have a lighter colored version (same fabric, just washed out) this season as part of Heartland (minor differences like patch and coin pocket).

Dodo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by wEstSidE
word. i'm going to be offloading some RRL i bought for myself but didn't end up liking (or it didn't fit). prices will be good.
spam[1].gif

shirts? pants? or what? sizes?? shipping to europe???

wEstSidE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
both. send me a PM if you want to know more. you will see the FS thread soon, i don't want to spam too much here.

Alias88

Reaction score
thinkin about buying some RRL dyed officer chino pants size 30 or 31
was wondering how they fit compared to most other brands in the same size?
Rise?thigh?strech? overall fit?
Thanks

Froosh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So was I bored and reading through the earlier part of this thread and found this pic of Ralph back in fall 2008:
RalphLaurenRunwayFall08MBFWwn5B-oKr.jpg
Cool perfecto jacket and nice classic flannel, but funny enough what I really want is that simple brown belt. Plain garrison buckle, not too wide (looks to be 1.5"), nicely aged and distressed (something which I don't have the patience for, it'd probably take me a decade to get a belt looking like that). Does RRL still make this belt or something very similar?

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Froosh
So was I bored and reading through the earlier part of this thread and found this pic of Ralph back in fall 2008:
RalphLaurenRunwayFall08MBFWwn5B-oKr.jpg
Cool perfecto jacket and nice classic flannel, but funny enough what I really want is that simple brown belt. Plain garrison buckle, not too wide (looks to be 1.5"), nicely aged and distressed (something which I don't have the patience for, it'd probably take me a decade to get a belt looking like that).
Does RRL still make this belt or something very similar?

IMGP4771-1.jpg
I am sure there is a belt like that out there somewhere. It may not even be RRL but you could find it on eBay no problem. This is a belt I purchased from RRL last year. It was pre-distressed when I bought it but then I distressed it more by jumping into a hot tub with it on
ffffuuuu.gif
. That is why you see the dark line near the holes.

JasonV

Reaction score
Originally Posted by NAMOR
did someone here just buy this? damn that was fast.
cheers.gif

Yep, that was me I'm afraid...been after this one for a while.

PaulYAY

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by randomkoreandude
hey has there ever been a consensus of sizing for shirts? i know they tend to fluctuate based on style/collection ...

is a 36R a small or a XS?

I remember looking at shirts on Ebay and finding a huge range of variation within sizes among those that listed measurements. So people should definately request measurements if they're not posted.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PaulYAY
I remember looking at shirts on Ebay and finding a huge range of variation within sizes among those that listed measurements. So people should definately request measurements if they're not posted.
+1. I have shirts that range from M-L with P2P measuring about 22-23"

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads