• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

rio

Reaction score
the only issue I know about RRL Julian made Murdoch Engineers is that they are really tight to get on. The ankle inlet is really narrow and when i tried them in a shop about five years ago I couldn't get them on. I have the second batch (Rios of Mercedes) Murdochs and in those the issue is fixed.
Right one was fairly easy but the left was just to tight so far.

styleforumfan

Reaction score
Does anyone know when the next RRL sale will be on RL site? SA said probably in 8 weeks but won't know for sure until 1 week prior and most likely there will be a lot of restrictions on RRL.

alex99

Reaction score
Does anyone know when the next RRL sale will be on RL site? SA said probably in 8 weeks but won't know for sure until 1 week prior and most likely there will be a lot of restrictions on RRL.

8 weeks from now would be end of June, which seems way too late for a Spring sale. Last year Spring RRL went on sale on 5/23. So should be around that time.

Cooly

Reaction score
8 weeks from now would be end of June, which seems way too late for a Spring sale. Last year Spring RRL went on sale on 5/23. So should be around that time.
Yes...this "should" be correct...I would be shocked if they didn't do a sale around then...along with purple...to make for the new fall arrivals in June. The summer items should go on sale in ~July I believe...

oceansaway

Reaction score
Has anyone seen the white 'Repaired Linen Pants,' shown on page 17 of the summer catalog? They're not online. I don't know if they're a store-only item, or if they were a production misfire.

styleforumfan

Reaction score
Yes...this "should" be correct...I would be shocked if they didn't do a sale around then...along with purple...to make for the new fall arrivals in June. The summer items should go on sale in ~July I believe...

How do you guys get RRL sale alert? Do you find it here first or you hear it from SA first if you are on the client list?

RandJG1

Reaction score
Has anyone seen the white 'Repaired Linen Pants,' shown on page 17 of the summer catalog? They're not online. I don't know if they're a store-only item, or if they were a production misfire.
Yes I picked those up in store. Haven't worn them yet but if you like repair detail they are nice.

RandJG1

Reaction score
Thanks. How is the fit? Are they a wide-legged pant, or more trim?
They are wide legged, typical chino cut but with the lighter linen material in an off white with the stitching repairs being subtle and in same color so adds detail and interest up close to what id feel would be a bit dull or straightforward otherwise. Im not huge on linen or white but the vintagy repaired vibe is nice more me. I hope to try them with the linen engineer jacket this summer.

Cooly

Reaction score
How do you guys get RRL sale alert? Do you find it here first or you hear it from SA first if you are on the client list?
SAs usually tell me about a week in advance if I would like to hold anything from the "xx" season about to go on sale...

somatoform

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have experience with ebay seller berasheat? Never encountered them before among the regular sellers. Good seller?

DJ Quaaludes

Reaction score
Anyone have experience with ebay seller berasheat? Never encountered them before among the regular sellers. Good seller?

Funny you should ask this, just received an item from them the other day. I think they've been around a while (may have used a slightly different username, not sure) but basically from what I can tell is they somehow have access to factory seconds/overruns. The jeans I received from them recently were definitely legit, and in 'new without tags' condition. However, prior to shipping i received a message from them noting there was a small tear near the pocket, and would I mind if they fixed it up prior to sending or if I would just want to cancel the order. Since it was a good price I had them go ahead and mend them, and they came out looking fine, so I was happy.

In short, I believe they are ok to deal with and are selling legitimate items, but you may want to look the item over carefully for any defects as I don't think these are first-run items. I've also noted that their pictures leave a lot to be desired, and sometimes the 'stock' photos they use don't match the item they are selling. I think this is just laziness/inaccuracy on their part, and not any actual intent to mislead.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads