• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

aquila49

Reaction score
From my experience, the RRL items on sale at RL site are usually the leftover crap that no one wants.

Really? I've picked up some nice things on sale.

But I'm willing to concede that I might not have much fashion sense. ;)

Junglejack

Reaction score
Believe it or not, I have had far better success calling the individual RRL stores. Moreover, they usually apply whatever discounts RL.Com has going. Better still, they tend to have many sizes not available on the website.

Ghost01

Reaction score
What's your opinion on this jean wash?

View attachment 956503

View attachment 956504

Since they're hand distressed, the outcome is going to vary from item to item. I also wouldn't put a tremendous amount of faith in the photos you see online. IMO it's best to see them in person (if you can) and DEFINITELY wait for a sale. Personally, I've never been dissatisfied with the 'more expensive' (oxymoron?) denim I've picked up from RRL.

I quite like the Belridge. its a left hand twill unusually with a S twist made in japan.
And you are correct the image online is off the samples which was very heavy and its less whiskered in my opinion in real life.

Simon Doggett

Reaction score
Hey guys, has anyone pulled the trigger on the SS18 souvenir jacket? With the aircraft carrier on the back? Curious to know what it’s like in hand.

Junglejack

Reaction score
I quite like the Belridge. its a left hand twill unusually with a S twist made in japan.
And you are correct the image online is off the samples which was very heavy and its less whiskered in my opinion in real life.

I personally prefer the Belridge Wash, but both are badass. $450 is pretty darn speedy to say the least, but most do tend to wear their favorite jeans enough to make it worth it.

I feel like such an idiot that I have close to a dozen pairs or RRL's. Granted, I drew the line at $250 and mostly I got lucky calling the various RRL stores.

Junglejack

Reaction score
Really? I've picked up some nice things on sale.

But I'm willing to concede that I might not have much fashion sense. ;)

Like I mentioned above I ordered probably 60% of the ones I have from calling the RRL stores. Many times, the ones they had on sale were still ones selling for close to $400.

I am not too sure about the "leftover crap" as aside from a black pair (not much a fan of black jeans on the whole)m I purchased years ago and I foolishly did not look closely as they have embroidered roses on them. That one I agree about them being a pair the most would not consider,.

bobbo28

Reaction score
I wasn't going to chime in, but that **** about the embroidered roses is funny as hell.

I've spent a good amount of money buying RRL at the retail price point as well as on sale... and I definitely don't agree with the 'leftover crap' statement. The trick is timing, i.e., not waiting till the drop hit's 60%. By then, I agree... what remains is mostly undesirable.

As for WHERE to buy if not online, I agree that it's helpful to have a proper internal hook up (if possible).

image.png

styleforumfan

Reaction score

If it's made in Japan, then the $450 price tag is not unreasonable. It looks like a better deal than the non-selvedge made in Mexico RRL jeans in the $2XX territory.

styleforumfan

Reaction score
Like I mentioned above I ordered probably 60% of the ones I have from calling the RRL stores. Many times, the ones they had on sale were still ones selling for close to $400.

Can you return the phone order RRL sale items back to any RL store if they don't fit?

Junglejack

Reaction score
Can you return the phone order RRL sale items back to any RL store if they don't fit?

Good question! I would decidedly think so considering that RRL is pretty darn upscale and of course being part if RL, I would be stunned if you could not.

Ordering from the stores is great from the vantage of many of the RRLs on sale on RL.Com are usually kinda odd sizes. While a handful of times I had to show the manager the links to the sales prices, but never once did they not complete the same and better still several times they have applied in store promotions on top of the RL website pricing.

walds11

Reaction score
If it's made in Japan, then the $450 price tag is not unreasonable. It looks like a better deal than the non-selvedge made in Mexico RRL jeans in the $2XX territory.

They are made in the USA from Japanese denim. I’m starting to warm up to the Belridge wash.

Yes, but no immediate credit. Lame!

https://www.ralphlauren.com/customerservice?cid=cs-return-policy

MAKING A RETURN TO ANY OF OUR US RALPH LAUREN STORES
For expedited service, we encourage you to make your return by mail using the postage-paid return label provided with your original package. All of our stores accept returns; however, they must be shipped to our warehouse before they can be credited.

All returns must conform to the guidelines of our return policy and must be accompanied by the original invoice.

Junglejack

Reaction score
They are made in the USA from Japanese denim. I’m starting to warm up to the Belridge wash.

Yes, but no immediate credit. Lame!

https://www.ralphlauren.com/customerservice?cid=cs-return-policy

MAKING A RETURN TO ANY OF OUR US RALPH LAUREN STORES
For expedited service, we encourage you to make your return by mail using the postage-paid return label provided with your original package. All of our stores accept returns; however, they must be shipped to our warehouse before they can be credited.

All returns must conform to the guidelines of our return policy and must be accompanied by the original invoice.

I forgot that RL doing that which even at a $200 plus price point is pretty crappy. When I went on my RRL frenzy, I do not believe that had many/any that were under $300 MSRP and for certain none of the ones I have are made anywhere but here.

That really bums me out they decided to do so considering the myriad other sub brands in the RL umbrella. I totally get that most likely a high percentage of those who manufacture them in California are from South of the border, but at least they are getting a higher wage.

Kinda reminds me of that story in the NYT about a number of Italian made goods that are in actuality made in almost sweatshop conditions by predominantly Chinese folks.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
So I either a) scored the deal of a lifetime, b) bought a convincing-looking fake, or c) managed to stumble on a strange mix of the two (e.g., grey market third-shift production in the factory that makes the jackets). I sent a low-ball offer on a sample jacket and woke up to find it was accepted: https://m.ebay.com/itm/NEW-2018-RRL...UM-New-without-tags-labels-2400-/183183918623

s-l400.jpg

(tag removed from sample)

Vs Canoe Club's listing: https://shopcanoeclub.com/products/rrl-winslow-jacket-indigo-leather

AAAA77ISHqlsfDGxBMvVshNZKLZATpgikJSV0EShmEzvhS2VmJ0VvzMaKIS3j0LRndcdQif3YP2bPvGoexgcrRFJgU1YuGe0gbcAEpqNAOvcBE4D9jxOsU6DwpH4h9z9WTEJ-BLUClwVQQCJVwZNbZqPmC0PIbFaDL9KYowHyNxlSPHNfFVT2K4zxpZ6-UpB8G0PHOpk_900x.jpg

Buttons and rivets look legit (and the leather looks pretty nice)

s-l400.jpg

s-l400.jpg

I'll take more photos and try to authenticate when it arrives. Given ebay's track record of siding with buyers I'm not too concerned about being stuck with a fake if it's not legit, but I'm not sure how to verify one way or the other if it doesn't seem obvious.

bobbo28

Reaction score
A leather jacket shipping from Delhi, India??? No red flags there, lol. You must've gotten the deal of a lifetime...

DJ Quaaludes

Reaction score
So I either a) scored the deal of a lifetime, b) bought a convincing-looking fake, or c) managed to stumble on a strange mix of the two (e.g., grey market third-shift production in the factory that makes the jackets). I sent a low-ball offer on a sample jacket and woke up to find it was accepted: https://m.ebay.com/itm/NEW-2018-RRL...UM-New-without-tags-labels-2400-/183183918623

Color me optimistic. Aren't a lot of RLs Leather items sourced from India? Looking at that seller it appears as if they have a decent amount of one-off leather goods for sale, probably factory seconds, pre-production, samples, etc. As you noted if fake can always go the buyer protection route, let us know how it turns out!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads