1. Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Atelier Wen We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Atelier Wen focusing on quality mechanical watches proudly made in China.

The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

1. Pugs

Pugs Active Member

Has anyone picked up this sweater yet C49CDF62-5D23-491C-A57B-446EF8E8F996.png

2. Pugs

Pugs Active Member

Has anyone picked up this awesome sweater yet? If so can you tell your thoughts on fit.

3. oynag

oynag Senior Member

4. Bethany Heck

Bethany Heck Senior Member

I was pleasantly surprised by the price as well! Hard to describe anything from. RRL as a "bargain", but given the norms they set, it's a great deal.

5. henryfool3

henryfool3 Senior Member

If anyone is interested, the Brooklyn RRL location is having an event on Wednesday night from 6 to 9. I happened to be in the neighborhood and stopped in for a second. They gave me the spring look book and nentioned the event. I can't personally make it, but figured I'd pass it along.

6. mfbnyc

mfbnyc Well-Known Member

I think it's exactly the same sweater as the "5" sweater from last spring, which I bought. These are snug but true to size. Wait for sale, at least 40 off. Most RRL sweaters end up on sale. The exceptions are the very special cardigans and even they sometimes go on sale, but then sell out quickly when sale hits. I'm waiting for the indigo patchwork sweater for summer. I saw it at the showroom and it's amazing. It's part of a big Hawaiian theme -- all of it is amazing. This spring stuff is boring compared to summer, IMHO, but I'm into more of the indigos, preppy, and bohemian stuff than I am into the Indian themes and motorcycle club themes.

7. kwonster

kwonster Senior Member

My store did not have the overshirt so I just ordered it online, thanks for the pics. Also tried on the cardigan, which I liked, but probably going to wait to see if it hits sales since I just bought the purple label cardigan from last season. I liked the fit though, which was less oversized than usual, which probably means it will be easier to wear out.

Haven't been able to find the cowboy jacket in a medium anywhere, but thats probably for the best... Don't really need another denim jacket.

A couple other items I saw:
    IMG_5412.jpg
    Cashmere-blend workshirt, material was nice but the pattern was a bit too geometric for me. On the fence.

IMG_5413.jpg
    Cotton jersey western shirt, pattern was great but material is very "t-shirt" like, not a fan. Returned.

IMG_5414.jpg
    Plaid cotton workshirt, one of the "shadow plaid" materials being offered this season. Liked the colors, picked it up.

IMG_5408.jpg
    IMG_5409.jpg
    Regular polo line, not a fan of zippered knits so not something I picked up, but thought it was interesting and took some photos.

IMG_5416.jpg
    Bonus pic of today's outfit. Can't usually wear this in San Diego, but it's been hitting the 50s lately!

IMG_5415.jpg

Last edited: Feb 24, 2018

8. oynag

oynag Senior Member

Thanks for all the recon. I was thinking about the “t-shirt” Western. No más.

9. bobbo28

bobbo28 Well-Known Member

I really like the cashmere-blend work-shirt... for me, that's a 'wait and see till sale time' piece. Living in SoCal it's hard to get a lot of wear out of a piece like that with our consistently warm weather. It's funny your comment about the pattern being 'too geometric'... I have similar concerns about the Cotton-Wool-Jacquard Overshirt. IMO it's more of a 'statement piece' ... i.e., not something you could wear all the time. That plaid cotton workshirt is dope though!

10. Bergey

Bergey New Member

New to this forum but have been following and collecting RRL for a few years now. This popped up on my feed recently. I'm not sure if anyone has posted about it but apparently its available on the UK website. Can't wait to see it in person...

untitled.png

11. henryfool3

henryfool3 Senior Member

That is really really nice.

12. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

Anybody watch AP Bio? Hilarious show. Anyway, I couldn't tell if this was an RL sweater or just something similar, but I appreciated it nonetheless.

[​IMG]

13. bobbo28

bobbo28 Well-Known Member

I decided to pass on the Cotton-Wool-Jacquard Overshirt... it's the same print as the camp blanket I picked up earlier this year (AWESOME blanket) and IMO it's just too generously sized. So if anyone is interested... there is a size medium at the RL store, South Coast Plaza. The men's manager is Matt... ask for him if you're interested and he'll ship it out to you.

14. BootsAndIndigo

BootsAndIndigo New Member

My wife actually pointed this out during a commercial..."hey, isn't that your RRL cardigan?"

It certainly is! You can tell from the anchor buttons.

Love this sweater. This looks like it's the first one from a few (3?) years ago. It has been done again, but never as simple as this version. Reverse side is a dark indigo.

15. IEG

IEG Senior Member

ADCE19A0-083A-4C53-ACAE-A74ACE5C66EB.jpeg
    My first tattoo! Gotta love Ralph!