The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

1. oynag

oynag Senior member

Was in San Francisco over the weekend (METALLICA) and visited the Fillmore Ralph Lauren store, as usual. Raul and Michael are always good to talk to. They like the brand. I tried on a few things. Here's a brief recap....

[​IMG]
    Meh. Only mentioning it because the one I tried had a rawhide tie at the neck, not the cord shown on the site. For your information.

[​IMG]
    Had this on the wish list. Armholes were way too high. Very thin. Good summer weight, though I expected it to be more substantial.

[​IMG]
    Liked this one. I'll hold out for the sale.

[​IMG]
    One of the main reasons I wanted to visit the store- to see this in person. If it looked like the website picture, I would have gotten it. The color is much more muted and a lighter blue. The fit was great. A little scratchy. It has a lined yoke/shoulder which helps. I'm still on the fence but enough with the doggone website saturation already. Bummer.

[​IMG]
    Others have commented on this. It's fine. Definitely not worth the full ride though (to me). Light weight, good trim fit.

[​IMG]
    Okay, not Double RL but I had to try it. Fit very well- it's a true custom (slim) fit. I just might be crazy enough to do it. I'm waiting for a few more of the LE Polo shirts to drop after hearing the SA at the store describe some of the upcoming ones. What do you all think?

In other news, I have been checking the new arrivals every day for the Western suede shirt. I happened to look in the general shirt section on the site and there it was. It never hit new arrivals and now it's sold out in my size. I am hoping that they just haven't loaded all the sizes yet. Kinda peeved at the site right now, what with the unrealistic colors and hiding that shirt from me. How dare it.

2. double00

double00 Senior member

i like the drug rug, i wouldn't have thought of linen and that would be cool apres-surf, non?

super dig the last polo, i think i'd love to thrift that in 20 years. looks like a fun time.

3. Bethany Heck

Bethany Heck Senior member

There's a fisherman's sweater in the women's catalog I'm really excited about, and I hope that they do more sweaters in that style in the mens line as well. Will post photos when it gets here!

4. Canadianguy

Canadianguy Senior member

Haha thank man, I like the way you think.

5. dukarelli

dukarelli Well-Known Member

what's up with the indigo x indigo slim narrows? are they dope? might get a pair at current price.

IMG_8042.jpg

6. henryfool3

henryfool3 Active Member

They are. I love em. Great color, very comfortable. I'd say go for it. But that's me.

7. dukarelli

dukarelli Well-Known Member

haha i probably will. are they as saturated as they seem on the site? i haven't seen them IRL. do they bleed indigo everywhere? and what about fading? because of the indigo warp and weft i feel like they won't have many highlights but maybe when that indigo fades some light shades might pop through.

8. henryfool3

henryfool3 Active Member

They haven't bled a lot from what I recall. I haven't put em thru a wash yet, so I can't speak to fading. But I don't think you can go wrong with those.

9. buffalobill421

buffalobill421 New Member

[​IMG]

Does anyone have this cardigan for sale? Size M preferably

10. CARTEL777

CARTEL777 New Member

When's the next sale? Does anybody have a size small ranch cotton jacquard shirt from this season that they want to part with?

11. edubs01

edubs01 Senior member

I imagine next sale won't be until Nov.
    Just picked up the ranch cotton shirt the other day.
    The sales rep told me there is only one size small left in the company. Good luck!