The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

1. urbanwoodsman

urbanwoodsman Senior member

Anyone have pictures of these black chinos?
    [​IMG]

2. Cooly

Cooly Senior member

Yes...below is what they look like after they have been washed and dried a few times...and un-ironed/pressed. When you first get them, they are pretty sleek looking and can probably be used as a dress/business slack if you get them professionally laundered instead of washing and drying like I did...in which case they start to fade and look like regular rrl chinos...pretty lightweight, more so than standard officers...
    IMG_0447.JPG

BTW...the above picture is deceptive as it is a slimmer officer chino and is slightly tapered...

3. styleforumfan

styleforumfan Senior member

Anyone has this jacket? Can I use the sizing info from Mr P for the lighter wash version since the RL site sizing info is completely off? They look identical to me except the wash.

rrl.jpg

rrl denim jacket size.jpg

4. urbanwoodsman

@Cooly Thanks for the pictures, man! Always so hard to tell when looking on the website.

5. urbanwoodsman

6. bobbo28

bobbo28 Member

I've tried to buy both jackets (in MD)... i.e., purchased and then returned... b/c I liked the washes. The wash of the Trucker (lighter) on the Mr. Porter site I didn't dig in person... btw, I've seen 3 different examples of the same jacket. The darker (current) Trucker hung in my closet w/ tags attached for 3 weeks before I decided to return. It was a nice wash but IMO the aesthetic wasn't as appealing as the Indigo denim over shirt (current season, selling fast!). I'm resigned to accept that I'm not a Trucker jacket guy... too short for my personal preference and I wasn't a fan of the lower set pockets. I'm 5'10 155lbs for whatever it's worth.

7. kwonster

kwonster Senior member

Desert patrol items are not featured in the Fall '17 lookbook.

Fit photos of the knit jacket if anyone is interested (did not pick it up):
    Photo Jul 25, 2 10 21 PM.jpg

Also, really liked the corduroy blazer (will probably end up getting eventually):
    Photo Jul 25, 1 50 35 PM.jpg

Picked up the linen shirt and some chinos. Chino shorts were overly baggy in my opinion. My store did not have the black chinos but will probably end up ordering them based on the photos above.

8. clee1982

clee1982 Senior member

Interesting, I think I got something very similar from few seasons back and it's actually a slim fit (looks almost identical)

9. styleforumfan

styleforumfan Senior member

Which indigo demin over shirt are you referring to?

10. McSp

McSp Well-Known Member

About Desert Patrol, did you try your regular size? It seems a bit large and boxes, correct? Is the fabric thick and soft as it looks in the pic or is it light weight? What it means is not featured in the Fall '17 lookbook? Is still a summer collection? I'm thinking to buy it online, can you add some more details? Thanks a lot.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2017 at 12:15 AM

11. Serad

Serad Active Member

Desert Patrol is the second Fall drop, it just does not have a lookbook of its own, nor is it featured in the first Fall 17 Big Sur lookbook.

12. McSp

McSp Well-Known Member

Thanks!