• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BaronFizzwell

Reaction score
From the description, "Black indigo–dyed and natural-hued yarn give it a grey appearance." You have to see it in person...it doesn't look stonewashed, it's quite nice...

on the other hand...no, "stonewashing" doesn't concern me if it's done right... tastefully... however "acid-wash" ...that may concern me :)

That's a bit more reassuring - although I'd still prefer solid black welt/weft threads. I hope stonewashing isn't the gateway drug towards acid wash. These things can creep upon us like lobsters on the boil!

aquila49

Reaction score
That's a bit more reassuring - although I'd still prefer solid black welt/weft threads. I hope stonewashing isn't the gateway drug towards acid wash. These things can creep upon us like lobsters on the boil!

Acid wash. Just typing those words sent shivers up my spine.

McSp

Reaction score
I am and this is just because I spend a lot (on RRL and mostly PL) every years since a long time. You don't have email notification but a blue postcard, receveid from London, with a personal code for internet. I think this status is updated every year, like frequent flyers programs (but I am not sure of that). Depending on your status, you can also have access to beautiful private events.

Pre-sale are ended since Tuesday (a lot of -30% items this year...usually it's more -50%. I think this is a part of their new strategy, not to make too big reductions too quickly). Sales begins 28th june in Paris and online in France.
As far as you know is confirmed that sales start tomorrow in Paris and online? Thanks!

oceansaway

Reaction score
If there's one thing that annoys me about the Officer's Chino and the Low Straight jean, it's the low rise. Can't they make a pant with the cut of the Officer's Chino, but with a higher rise?

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If there's one thing that annoys me about the Officer's Chino and the Low Straight jean, it's the low rise. Can't they make a pant with the cut of the Officer's Chino, but with a higher rise?

So true. My officer chino would be damn near perfect with a couple inches in the rise.

oceansaway

Reaction score
Not sure where you're located, but they have them on hand in the W Broadway store. I was just looking at them like a week ago.

Thanks. Was it a new wash, or the same old Dylan model (or once washed model) that's been around for the last several years?

aquila49

Reaction score
Unfortunately, straight leg jeans have been few and far in between the last few years.

RRL consistently offers denim in a straight-leg fit. You might be missing them because the name of the jeans in the web store doesn't always indicate the fit.

To see all available RRL straight-leg jeans:

On the RL website choose Double RL from the Brand list.

Click Denim in the Clothing menu on the left to display a submenu of different fits.

RRL Denim Menu.png

Click Straight Leg to display only RRL straight-leg denim.

Currently, there are eight models of denim available in the straight-leg fit.

Straight-Fit Once-Washed is a staple from season to season. My current go-to jeans are a pair of Once-Washed I bought three years ago.

Last edited:

oceansaway

Reaction score
RRL always offers denim in a straight-leg fit. You might be missing them because the name of the jeans in the web store doesn't alway indicate the fit.

To see all available RRL straight-leg jeans:

On the RL website choose Double RL from the Brand list.

Click Denim in the Clothing menu on the left to display a submenu of different fits.

View attachment 804890

Click Straight Leg to display only RRL straight-leg denim.

Currently, there are eight models of denim available in the straight-leg fit.

Straight-Fit Once-Washed is a staple from season to season. My current go-to jeans are a pair of Once-Washed I bought three years ago.
Thanks. But believe me, I'm not missing them. I'm an obsessive visitor at the RRL site. As in past years, most of those "straight leg" jeans you mention are either buckle backs, carpenter jeans, or some other 1920s variant. I'm talking about the 5-pocket straight leg jean. They've carried the 5-pocket in the "Dylan" and "Once Washed" over the last few years, but basically nothing else.

cadmonkey

Reaction score
Thanks. Was it a new wash, or the same old Dylan model (or once washed model) that's been around for the last several years?
I was looking specifically at their raws tbh, so this was their Japanese fabric made in USA versions but as straight leg. It was a standard 5 pkt button fly though. Ironically I was actually looking for a vintage inspired model but as raw.

aquila49

Reaction score
Thanks. But believe me, I'm not missing them. I'm an obsessive visitor at the RRL site. As in past years, most of those "straight leg" jeans you mention are either buckle backs, carpenter jeans, or some other 1920s variant. I'm talking about the 5-pocket straight leg jean. They've carried the 5-pocket in the "Dylan" and "Once Washed" over the last few years, but basically nothing else.

In addition to the Dylan and Once-Washed, there's another pair currently on the website—the Straight Fit Selvedge Jean. Does that denim not make the cut?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads