The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

1. somatoform

somatoform Senior member

I'm really liking a few items from ebay I've never seen before on ebay or elsewhere:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Does anyone know if I were to contact a RRL store, say in New York - like Nolita, with a specific product in mind that I know they would be making but am not exactly sure what it looks like from this season and I don't feel like waiting for them to pop up on ebay, will an SA email me a pic so I could decide on doing a phone order?

2. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

soma, are these the pants that retail for ~$600. If so, I have been eyeing them. look incredible

3. somatoform

somatoform Senior member

soma, are these the pants that retail for ~$600. If so, I have been eyeing them. look incredible

sorry, didn't post the ebay link.

Harris Tweed oil cloth pants. Retail appears to the $425 and being sold for $200. Oversized by the regular RRL 2 sizes.

I love them, they look great, and sturdy as hell, but I can't get into cargo pants too much.

But the listing says made in the USA and I could swear the inside tag says made in China:

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-RALPH-LAUREN...item2eb417f666

4. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

sorry, didn't post the ebay link.

Harris Tweed oil cloth pants. Retail appears to the $425 and being sold for $200. Oversized by the regular RRL 2 sizes.

I love them, they look great, and sturdy as hell, but I can't get into cargo pants too much.

But the listing says made in the USA and I could swear the inside tag says made in China:

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-RALPH-LAUREN...item2eb417f666

very nice. just another example of an RRL item i didnt know existed but now want

5. el duderino

el duderino Senior member

Just got a Light blueish green quilted vest. Not sure what collection it is from, but it is a new item. I also got a pair of slim once wash jeans.

I'll post pictures on Monday when I get it.

It's from Grand Canyon. There is also a red/organish one that I couldn't find a good pic of, It's basically a repro of the second vest on this Post Overalls blog post. Out of all I liked the red hunting vest the best, but not the color they made it in. Actually would have liked the blue quilted vest if it was a diff color as well. Here are the vests from Grand Canyon

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

I'm really liking a few items from ebay I've never seen before on ebay or elsewhere:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Does anyone know if I were to contact a RRL store, say in New York - like Nolita, with a specific product in mind that I know they would be making but am not exactly sure what it looks like from this season and I don't feel like waiting for them to pop up on ebay, will an SA email me a pic so I could decide on doing a phone order?

Both outstanding. Do you mind posting a link to the jacket, if you're not saving to kop for yourself?

7. somatoform

somatoform Senior member

Both outstanding. Do you mind posting a link to the jacket, if you're not saving to kop for yourself?

No, yeah, it's just a touch too small for me personally. It's cheap, there's some competition, and he lists it as vintage, which is about right given the tag and the bigger sizing for an L (equivalent to an XL nowadays):

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-RRL-30s-...item45f9986f11

8. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

sorry, didn't post the ebay link. Harris Tweed oil cloth pants. Retail appears to the $425 and being sold for $200. Oversized by the regular RRL 2 sizes. I love them, they look great, and sturdy as hell, but I can't get into cargo pants too much. But the listing says made in the USA and I could swear the inside tag says made in China: http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-RALPH-LAUREN-RRL-HARRIS-TWEED-JEANS-LEATHER-BELT-31-/200589964902?pt=US_CSA_MC_Jeans&hash=item2eb417f666
    yeah, def made in China. Maybe the fabric is made in the U.S.?
    No, yeah, it's just a touch too small for me personally. It's cheap, there's some competition, and he lists it as vintage, which is about right given the tag and the bigger sizing for an L (equivalent to an XL nowadays): http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-RRL-30s-style-Work-Cotton-Jacket-Size-L-/300540260113?pt=US_CSA_MC_Outerwear&hash=item45f9986f11
    I think this jacket looks better from the back then it does from the front. Love the belted waist

9. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

No, yeah, it's just a touch too small for me personally. It's cheap, there's some competition, and he lists it as vintage, which is about right given the tag and the bigger sizing for an L (equivalent to an XL nowadays):

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-RRL-30s-...item45f9986f11

Oh yeah, that is much larger than current Large sizing. Nice, though. I agree with Namor - the belted back is cool.. Way too big for me, though.

10. clee1982

clee1982 Senior member

Well, I've tried 3 different styles of jeans (slim, slim boot, low straight) and I am the same size in all of them.

you have slim and low straight in the same size? do you feel you had to down size 1 to 2 from your dress pants? i.e., say you're 30 waist in dress pants, you would go to 29 or 28 on jeans waist

11. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

12. stylesmurf

stylesmurf Senior member

Those RRL pants have some nice detail. It looks like it has a typical cargo pant fit though (a bit baggy in the thighs)? And man what did they do to the pants. Did someone smuggle it in their underwear out of the store? [​IMG] [​IMG]

13. Harbin

Harbin Senior member

14. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

Found a pair of white cords slim fit on ebay for $60 nwt, worth it?

http://cgi.ebay.com/NWT-Double-RL-RR...item27b9894dbc

It's a good deal. There are a zillion of these on ebay now, and I've seen as low as $39.99, but shipping is antoher $8 - $10. There are also a ton that are way overpriced at much higher than that. If it's your size, $60 is good.

I recently bought a pair of these. They are nice - slim, but not skin tight, and a little lower rise, but not too low.

15. tv2177

tv2177 Senior member

It's a good deal. There are a zillion of these on ebay now, and I've seen as low as $39.99, but shipping is antoher $8 - $10. There are also a ton that are way overpriced at much higher than that. If it's your size, $60 is good.

I recently bought a pair of these. They are nice - slim, but not skin tight, and a little lower rise, but not too low.

ya i would say if it's just $60, pull that trigger.