The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

1. edubs01

edubs01 Senior member

The RRshop is a moron. I wish they would ban him.
    He comes on here all high and mighty.
    Dude we have seen your online ebay shop and it is a bunch of shit...yea I said it

2. theRRshop

theRRshop Senior member

3. wEstSidE

wEstSidE Senior member

smaller through the thighs than the low straights? i feel like rrl are already pretty slim in the thighs.

4. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

You know.... finding RRL at outlets is something that may happen twice a year... then when it does happen the stuff sells out within days... then you usually see it listed on eBay.
    Lots of people posting to this thread keeps hoping to find something right away at an outlet... but as I just said... this happens twice a year if at all.

The best way to get your RRL's is facing that you may have to pay full price at a RRL store or the Mansion Store on Madison (They have the best selection of RRL). Face it this collection is expensive and in high demand... making it harder to obtain, just when you want it... you can't wait and hope it ends up at an outlet... not only are you going to face a let down.... you are wasting time hoping such high demand items end up at an outlet.

If you love it, and want it.... GET IT... at any price.
    (We all only live once... best to... enjoy it NOW)

I get this - and maybe this recent windfall of RRL outlet goods only happens twice a year. But I quite like browsing ebay for discounted RRL, too. It's tricky getting the right size in denim or finding the most in-demand goods, like the officer's chinos on ebay, so those are items best purchased at retail. But there seems to be enough availability of discounted items regionally that there's often interesting pieces to be found on ebay.

5. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

smaller through the thighs than the low straights? i feel like rrl are already pretty slim in the thighs.

Tartans are definitely smaller in the thighs than the low straights.

6. theRRshop

theRRshop Senior member

7. gumercindo

gumercindo Senior member

Well, I've tried 3 different styles of jeans (slim, slim boot, low straight) and I am the same size in all of them.

8. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

The eBay problem in RRL jeans/pants... is as you may know.. the sizes run all over the place.. so it is best to try them on. So a trip to a RRL store for a day trip.... would be a nice trip to try things on. And of course finding your size at a RL outlet is cool too.

Well, I've tried 3 different styles of jeans (slim, slim boot, low straight) and I am the same size in all of them.

I think what RRshop is referring to is that the tagged sizing seemed to change year to year. My impression is that these last few seasons the sizing has remained relatively stable. But when you see denim on ebay, for instance, you have no idea what season the items are from, and there is a real danger that the sizing will be way off from what you expect. That's why I list denim as one of the items you are best buying from the store, unless you are really confident of the measurements you have been given.

Also glad to hear that the slim, slim boot, and low straight are the same size. With all the variability in sizing year to year, I was not sure if they were all designed for the same size at the same tagged size. Thanks for that info.

9. gumercindo

gumercindo Senior member

ah, gotcha, kmd. Thanks for the clarification.

FTR, I tried those styles in the store.

10. Blog Marley

Blog Marley Senior member

Anyone know when the next RRL sale is or if icons count towards the sale? If not looks like I'll be buying the slim fits at retail.

11. ataru

ataru Senior member

I would say that if I had to pick a true pants size it would be 32, but all of my RRL pants in 32 are loose enough to create some discomfort from extra fabric when belted, even if they otherwise look good. My low straights in 32 are pretty similar to my straights in 30, but I feel that I did a better job in sizing the straights.

Anyway, my conclusion is that one should size down 1 on most rrl pants and jeans, but size down 2 on the straight legs and general issue (not officer's) chino. That's for a normal fit that doesn't require any stretching of the fabric. Possibly size down one more on the jeans if you don't want to ever require a belt.

12. el duderino

el duderino Senior member

I size down 2 on all pants and can go down 3 on some. Not sure where most people are measuring their true waist but sizing down 1 would result in pants that could be pulled off without unbuttoning and bunching of extra fabric in the seat. Due to the lower rise of their pants in general you should factor in an inch of stretch unless it's something with a tight weave like duck canvas

for those wondering about the next sale you should probably wait until next month as that is typically the earliest they have sales in spring/summer season

13. osadolor619

osadolor619 Senior member

I size down 2 on all pants and can go down 3 on some. Not sure where most people are measuring their true waist but sizing down 1 would result in pants that could be pulled off without unbuttoning and bunching of extra fabric in the seat. Due to the lower rise of their pants in general you should factor in an inch of stretch unless it's something with a tight weave like duck canvas

for those wondering about the next sale you should probably wait until next month as that is typically the earliest they have sales in spring/summer season

My friend works for RL and said only Polo will be on sale because a lot of people don't buy until the sales so the higher end brands (black, purple, RRL) aren't moving at regular price. I'd still check it out but don't expect anything.

14. 3 Prague Winters

3 Prague Winters Senior member

I just scored a pair of RRL Straights for $12 at an outlet. They scanned for $59.99 minus 75% off, plus a coupon for another 20% entire purchase.

15. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

I just scored a pair of RRL Straights for $12 at an outlet. They scanned for $59.99 minus 75% off, plus a coupon for another 20% entire purchase.

That is simply awesome.