1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

Tags:
  1. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

Damn, passed up two size 34s (not my size) at 75% off at an outlet a month back. Would have been under $50 each. B.
    wtf? where was this? thats stupid cheap

2. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

slim fit oxblood jawns ... random shots from southern france trek
    [​IMG][​IMG]

3. edubs01

edubs01 Senior member

No offense homie but those are awful.

4. randomkoreandude

lol none taken ... they are my fav spring jawn

5. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

slim fit oxblood jawns ... random shots from southern france trek

[​IMG][​IMG]

I like these, you also look well put together. When did you take this trek?

6. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

lol none taken ... they are my fav spring jawn

I envy people that can pull those off. Looks good on you.

7. Dave_SFU

Dave_SFU Senior member

i really hope thats not true cuz that kills the selvedge officer chino contest blake wanted to host [​IMG]

Well if someone can find a size 28 or 29 i will buy them an participate

8. randomkoreandude

I like these, you also look well put together. When did you take this trek?

thx guys ...

it was the gf and my spring break trip and missed a few days of class about 2 weeks go. it was a little over 12 days. 3 in paris, train to avignon, picked up rental car, drove through southern france with stops along the way, to nice/monaco, and flew back to paris

9. el duderino

el duderino Senior member

Here's a couple of the limited edition pieces from Heartland, not sure who could pull off the multi-colored patchwork

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

Here's a couple of the limited edition pieces from Heartland, not sure who could pull off the multi-colored patchwork

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Is heartland from the current season?

11. el duderino

Is heartland from the current season?

Yes, spring/summer 2011 so far consists of Grand Canyon, Bonnie & Clyde, Heartland. Wind ship is the next collection due out and is nautical themed

12. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

Those patchwork shirts look like they must take a lot of labor to make. What are the prices on those, roughly? - not that I could wear them, but still interesting.

13. osadolor619

osadolor619 Senior member

Those patchwork shirts look like they must take a lot of labor to make. What are the prices on those, roughly? - not that I could wear them, but still interesting.

I tried on one at Barney's in San Francisco. Not the same exact one but similar. It was $350 retail.. It'd be VERY hard to pull it off but if it was cheaper or on sale I'd definitely go for it just for shock value.

14. el duderino

I tried on one at Barney's in San Francisco. Not the same exact one but similar. It was $350 retail.. It'd be VERY hard to pull it off but if it was cheaper or on sale I'd definitely go for it just for shock value.

Was it a quilted patchwork flannel? The only recent one for that price was the Alaska quilted flannel which is one of my favorite shirt jackets

The shirts I posted retail for 700 I believe.

15. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

Was it a quilted patchwork flannel? The only recent one for that price was the Alaska quilted flannel which is one of my favorite shirt jackets

That second price is more what I expected, if in fact these shirts are made of individual pieces as it appears.

I really admire how these guys pay attention to detail and are willing to step out and do something so unique and in limited editions. The styles end up being out there, and the price is high.

16. osadolor619

osadolor619 Senior member

Yea it was the Alaska quilted. I hope it goes on sale soon but knowing Barneys... Probably not.

17. jimmyfingers

jimmyfingers Senior member

wtf? where was this? thats stupid cheap

I had a part time job a Polo during the Xmas season. Something like 4hrs a week. We did not have any RRL stuff ever. However, the is an outlet about 1.5 hours away that has a decent selection of RRL items. 75% off plus our employee discount. They have normal sizes as well instead of the giant or tiny sizes you see mark downed sometimes. I bought a pair of sel jeans for 40 dollars with my discount.

I am clueless as to why some outlets have RRL and some do not. Even the managers were pretty clueless. Basically, they get shipments Tuesday and Thursday and have no control of what the get in.

18. wEstSidE

wEstSidE Senior member

Yea it was the Alaska quilted. I hope it goes on sale soon but knowing Barneys... Probably not.
    i've gotten awesome stuff at barney's sales before (not RRL brand, but still). just be patient.

19. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

Well, I ended up with a failed ebay purchase. I bought these exact pants, but in size 34x34: http://cgi.ebay.com/290-POLO-RALPH-L...ht_8478wt_1390 http://cgi.ebay.com/290-Ralph-Lauren...ht_2529wt_1139 The seller said they are TTS, but they actually measure 36 at the waist. They have a return policy, but as I got a great deal on them, I thought I'd see if anyone here wants them. I paid $75, and since I need to pay return shipping anyway, I'll sell them at that price. Just PM in the next day or so if interested; otherwise I will return them. I know black is not the most versatile color, but I really like them; I'm a big fan of frog pockets for some reason. [​IMG] I have a couple other things in the ebay pipeline, so decent chance of more fails, too!

20. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

I am going to be stopping by an RL store that says they have Officer's Chinos in stock this weekend. If anyone is looking for particular sizes, let me know and I'll check for you. The SA I know there is great, and I'm sure she'd be happy to help anyone out.

I might just get an idea of what they have and post again later.