1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

Tags:
  1. JTK

JTK Senior member

This is legit. I have the same cardigan, which I purchased at RL, and the label is the same (only states cotton material in Japanese).

2. styleforumfan

styleforumfan Senior member

How about the paper tag? The style ID on mine doesn't match the one on the garment. From my experience, the ID on the RRL tag usually matches the one on the garment. I'm concerned the cardigan may be slightly used and sold as "new". The paper tag may come from a different piece to make it look like new.

3. aquila49

aquila49 Senior member

I own it as well. Legit. Check out the buttons. I doubt a knockoff would feature the same level of detail as the original.

Does anyone out there actually own a counterfeit RRL piece? I don't know if the brand's position on a cost/popularity chart would warrant imitation.

4. JTK

JTK Senior member

Just checked my paper tag, and the style matches the item tag. The tag also says that the item is FA SEASON. It's possible the item was just retagged for a winter sale. Either way, the item appears new in the photos.

5. cadmonkey

cadmonkey Senior member

[​IMG]

Does this count? [​IMG]

not mine btw

Last edited: Mar 6, 2017
    2 people like this.
  6. pvoytko

pvoytko Senior member

where did you get that pic? actually looks exactly like an RRL flannel i have. would love to see it zoomed out

ive only ever see knockoff denim, never shirts

7. pvoytko

pvoytko Senior member

[​IMG][​IMG]

ah kinda close not really

8. Gruff

Gruff Senior member

Check out the quality of the thread in the closeup. Looks pretty solid to me. I'm betting this was produced for RL in a Chinese factory but stolen from the batch run and they just sewed a fake tag on it for resale.

9. cadmonkey

cadmonkey Senior member

You're in luck! Just realized I had another pic of it saved.

[​IMG]

10. aquila49

aquila49 Senior member

Interesting. I guess it's not really a counterfeit; more like an imitation or even a "homage".

Here another example of label "emulation" from a Japanese brand, Jelado.

[​IMG][​IMG]

11. meso

meso Senior member

Japanese denim brands are famous for being... overly inspired by American brands. Some lawsuits around the Levi's two horses logo, stuff like that.

12. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

Remember when Levi's was suing everyone including Ralph? RRL had to change their pocket stitching and dumped a bunch of stock at TJ Max type stores.

1 person likes this.
  13. JiiPee

JiiPee Member

Was it this pocket stitch that levis failed to appreciate?

[​IMG]

RRL haven't used it for years. Straight Fit jeans have it now turned upside down.

14. JiiPee

JiiPee Member

"Levi Drops Copyright Suit Over Polo's Jeans Stitching

" (August 29, 2007, 12:00 AM EDT) -- Classic jeans maker Levi Strauss & Co. has agreed to dismiss its trademark infringement lawsuit against rival designer Polo Ralph Lauren Corp. with prejudice. Judge Maria-Elena James of the U.S. District Court of Northern California on Tuesday approved a stipulated order submitted last week by the two designers.

“It is hereby stipulated and agreed by the parties, plaintiff Levi Strauss & Co. and defendant Polo Ralph Lauren Corp., through their undersigned counsel that this action, including all claims, counterclaims and cross-claims, is dismissed with prejudice in its entirety,” the order states.

Levi filed the lawsuit on July 12, claiming that a trademark application filed by Polo violated five of its own trademarks, which it first introduced in 1873 or 1936 and were registered as early as 1943.

Levi's pockets feature stitched lines that form two semi-circles that meet in the middle.

The stitching on the back pockets of Polo's jeans, Levis said, came strikingly close to its own 100-year-old “Arcuate” design, which it calls “the oldest apparel trademark in the United States.”

“PRL's actions as alleged herein are caused and will cause LS&Co. irreparable harm for which money damages and other remedies are inadequate,” Levi said in its complaint.

Levi asked for an order restraining Polo from continuing to make and sell the allegedly infringing jeans in addition to awarding three times Polo's profits on the disputed jeans and treble damages."

15. styleforumfan

Stag's RRL online inventory is all screwed up. Call before you place your order. It maybe sold out long ago but it's still showing it's available online. [​IMG]

16. OolongT

OolongT Senior member

Wandering over from the thrift thread. I've only encountered RRL jeans a handful of times. Never found a pair which was not selvedge - these are not. Sonething old perhaps or fakes?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. cadmonkey

cadmonkey Senior member

Most likely old. Can you post pics of back pocket stitching, pkt bags, and coin pocket?

How does the fit look by the way? That'll be a dead giveaway.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2017
    1 person likes this.
  18. OolongT

OolongT Senior member

Thanks cad, here are a few more pics.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. unionofcraft

unionofcraft Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Just got one of the new graphic sweatshirts from the Summer line. Comfy as hell!

1 person likes this.
  20. styleforumfan

Does this white RRL western shirt look legit to you? I've never seen a "Size 2" before, only S, M, L, etc.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]