1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Dave_SFU

Dave_SFU Senior member

2. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

3. ataru

ataru Senior member

Cool. I wouldnt pay more than $50 though because I am not a fan dark colored shirts.

I'm the same way. I have the black sawtooth pocket western and while it's cool when I look at it alone, I don't really look good in it. The other thing is, some of the RRL westerns are so authentic that it seems like the only way to pull them off is to wear them tucked in with a cowboy hat, which isn't really my style.

The plaid westerns are a lot easier to wear casually than the solids IMO.

4. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

some of the RRL westerns are so authentic that it seems like the only way to pull them off is to wear them tucked in with a cowboy hat, which isn't really my style.

The plaid westerns are a lot easier to wear casually than the solids IMO.

I agree with both of your points. Some of the dark westerns also have contrast stitching on the back and front yokes that further the 'cowboy theme.' In general, there are a lot RRL pieces that I love that I just could not pull off. I can only appreciate them from a far

5. el duderino

el duderino Senior member

^^

I actually avoid the westerns for the same reasons. The way the hem is cut on them, plus their length, I find they look odd untucked. And once you do tuck them, you have to have a certain look to pull it off.

Same can be said with a lot of their flannels. The patterns look great on the shelf, but you need the right skin tone to wear them.

Anyways, this is my fav RRL shirt they've done. Part of Heartland, and most likely sold out by now (maybe except for larger sizes like XL).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. King Leer

King Leer Senior member

That shirt is killer. Sold out of M all over....
    Maybe some boutiques have it.

7. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

+1, me like. What keywords would you use to search for/inquire about this shirt?

8. tv2177

tv2177 Senior member

OMG, this is by far the best RRL shirt i've seen.

9. edubs01

edubs01 Senior member

It is called the Jack Rabbit Shirt.
    I thought it was cool but passed on it. It is too matchy-matchy with denim and only seems to pair up nicely with khakis.

10. el duderino

It is called the Jack Rabbit Shirt.
    I thought it was cool but passed on it. It is too matchy-matchy with denim and only seems to pair up nicely with khakis.

I think it can look OK with denim as guys on sufu have paired similar polka dot workshirts w/ jeans but so far I've worn mine w/ officer chinos, brown canvas duck pants, and the black jaspe chambray pants

11. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

+1, me like. What keywords would you use to search for/inquire about this shirt?

OMG, this is by far the best RRL shirt i've seen.

+1 +1 +1

And thanks for the feedback on the funky black western shirt. I always like unique styling if it's not too foofy, which is why this one caught my eye.

12. osadolor619

osadolor619 Senior member

I need this shirt IMMEDIATELY!!! Tell me who, what, where, when, why and HOW! (XL)

^^

I actually avoid the westerns for the same reasons. The way the hem is cut on them, plus their length, I find they look odd untucked. And once you do tuck them, you have to have a certain look to pull it off.

Same can be said with a lot of their flannels. The patterns look great on the shelf, but you need the right skin tone to wear them.

Anyways, this is my fav RRL shirt they've done. Part of Heartland, and most likely sold out by now (maybe except for larger sizes like XL).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. el duderino

I need this shirt IMMEDIATELY!!! Tell me who, what, where, when, why and HOW! (XL)

Call up any of the RRL stores and ask if they have the Heartland jackrabbit shirt in your size and if they say no ask them to check stock at all the stores

I forget if they make XXL still but I imagine XS-L are gone but you should be in luck. And to add to my previous point it's a different shade of blue compared to denim so it looks fine worn w/ jeans. Heh, I purposely held back posting this shirt to give others a chance to try tracking one down since it's by far my favorite shirt they've made. Good luck

14. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

15. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

Had an SA at one of the stores checking on Officer's Chinos for me. She says they come in a few colors, and I should come in to look at the catalog and order some. Does catalog = look book?

How many different colors are there? Different shades of khaki, plus indigo, maybe?

16. Dave_SFU

Dave_SFU Senior member

Had an SA at one of the stores checking on Officer's Chinos for me. She says they come in a few colors, and I should come in to look at the catalog and order some. Does catalog = look book?

How many different colors are there? Different shades of khaki, plus indigo, maybe?

I was at the Soho RRL shop on Friday and was told the Selvedge Officer Chinos are sold out company-wide in sz 28 through 31

17. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

I was at the Soho RRL shop on Friday and was told the Selvedge Officer Chinos are sold out company-wide in sz 28 through 31

i really hope thats not true cuz that kills the selvedge officer chino contest blake wanted to host [​IMG]

18. edubs01

edubs01 Senior member

Officer's Field Chinos come in the following colors:
    -Selvedge
    -Black
    -New Military Khaki
    -Ghurka

Season versions:
    -Nantucket Red
    -White

19. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

I bought two pairs of the selvedge officer chino in tagged wasist 34 at the Melrose store in southern California.

I am going to refund one pair but if any of you want it ill sell it for what i paid which was about $235.

20. harveyrabbit

harveyrabbit Senior member

Would anyone in the Seattle area mind taking photos of the RRL selection?
    I stopped into the FieldHouse/ Blackbird today and took some photos. The selection was underwhelming, and the prices were a Blackbird sale, which means they were still high even marked down. If I had mastered the secret of publishing photos to Styleforum, I would share them here. If someone is kind enough to instruct, I will happily comply with the request.