• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

subdivide

Reaction score
I've had no luck finding these two pieces since they were offered in Fall 2012 and 2013, respectively.

Any chance someone on here has either jacket or shawl cardigan in size Medium? I'm happy to pay direct or arrange a trade - I've been getting organized to pare down a lot of my RRL shirts, sweaters, jeans, and jackets.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have a pair of the rigid chinos in natural in size 29 x 32 and the inseam measures about 33". There's also about 1.5" cuffed inside the hem, some of which I assume could be let out. The rigid buckle-back Clydes run even longer.

Glad to know! I think I will look out for some more Clydes at some point. I have a pair of deadstock road chinos in 30W that were so long I had to cut about 3" off of them. I'll start wearing them at my annual September start for a new pair of jeans.

Yeah weird. Natural chinos price increased by $100. Also size 30x32 popped up @zissou

Strange, I don't see them. The guy at West Broadway said that the 32W are 32", which I'm a little skeptical of, but I think I'll just take them to the tailor (or do it myself). Weird that the price jumped. Good thing I ordered mine yesterday.

rrlHEAD

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Great online sale started today. Picked up the Winston belt for only 49! Can't understand, though, why the two brown Rollins belts are on clearance for 69, but the black one is still regularly priced @ 165.

NorCal_1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks for sharing, NorCal! I flipped through this issue of Free and Easy in some Hong Kong vintage shop a few years ago... it's amazing. Any chance we can entice you to scan and post the whole thing as a pdf?

with copyright laws, I'm sure it would be easy for them to bust me if I did that unfortunately

I really wish we could somehow convince RL to put up a company sponsored blog on RRL and include old catalogs and current theme store displays

the blog would be so easy to do and there's already a precedent with www.rlvintage.com and www.rlvintage.tumblr.com as well as www.ralphlauren.tumblr.com

Last edited:

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Glad to know! I think I will look out for some more Clydes at some point. I have a pair of deadstock road chinos in 30W that were so long I had to cut about 3" off of them. I'll start wearing them at my annual September start for a new pair of jeans.
Strange, I don't see them. The guy at West Broadway said that the 32W are 32", which I'm a little skeptical of, but I think I'll just take them to the tailor (or do it myself). Weird that the price jumped. Good thing I ordered mine yesterday.

hmmm

width

yeah i like the price we paid

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Too funny. That size did not appear on the RRL site. So, I called RL and placed a phone order asking for yesterday's price of $104.40. Instead, they offered to sell them to me for $87. :puzzled: :slayer:

Between 30x32 and 32x34, one of them should work.

Last edited:

gumercindo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Re: officer Chinos

Are there people here that consistently buy RRL slim fit denim yet buy the Officer Field Chinos?

I wear slim fits and every time I try on a chino, it fits very baggy. Are there some officer pants that fit on the slim(mish) side?

Last edited:

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
lol what? thats awesome. i want cheap chinos. Will need to spend $20 tapering the leg anyways

Too funny. That size did not appear on the RRL site. So, I called RL and placed a phone order asking for yesterday's price of $104.40. Instead, they offered to sell them to me for $87. :puzzled: :slayer:

Between 30x32 and 32x34, one of them should work.

Lord Nick

Reaction score

How bout the slims "made in America of foreign fabric"

They will be Japanese denim, at least they should be, the Chinese items usually just say imported and if it just says made in USA and nothing else it will be cone denim.

frusace

Reaction score

They will be Japanese denim, at least they should be, the Chinese items usually just say imported and if it just says made in USA and nothing else it will be cone denim.

KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT SIZING REGARDING THE SLIM FIT RAWS SELVEDGE? MY WAIST IS A 30. TIA

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics