• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hah, yeah, I lost a couple inches last year. Between getting married, eating vegetarian, and running, that did the trick.

I just ordered a pair in 32x34 from the West Broadway store, even though RRL said they were out of stock everywhere. I'm wearing my 30x34 selvage officer's chino today and they fit well, but slim. Maybe I'll have these taken in in the waist and then have a more relaxed fit through the leg (although the guy at the RRL shop said they measure an actual 32", so we'll see). I almost just bought a pair of Windships distressed white pants off ebay, so I'm glad I found these.

Last edited:

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
congrats on getting married! ill have to give it a try! do you think 30x34 would have been too pitti'ish? cuffs rolled up to your calves?

im tempted to order the size 34 to cover my bases..

Last edited:

masaccio

Reaction score
^^ I got married last year and have since put on 10lbs. What's your secret dammit - please don't say being vegetarian and running!
In that case, it will probably have to remain a secret!

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks, namor! Yes, the secret is that my wife is vegetarian (and I have been at various times and am mostly now except for a bit at social occasions), and that we like to run (albeit, not huge miles).

I'm 6'2", 155lbs, so the 30x34 fit me slim without being tight at all. I have some of the Orchard St chinos in 31x34 that are huge on me, mostly because of stretching. Sadly, RRL doesn't seem to make 30x34 anymore, so I mostly have to hope for pants in 30W running long.

Last edited:

Lord Nick

Reaction score
Some of the sale items online have been further reduced while others have gone up, odd. Anyhow the knowles leather jacket is a steal now at 599, especially if you use the 10% code.

NorCal_1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have to pass along an amazing book for RRL collectors/fans.... the Japanese magazine Free & Easy that covers Ralph Lauren from October 2007

it's simply amazing - the entire book is RRL all the way back to 1993 with pictures from every year, every line along with pictures from RL's personal archive of vintage clothes, a long interview (in Japanese) with RL on the history of the company, pictures of the RRL Ranch in CO, pictures of store displays, and tons upon tons of product pictures, most of which are RRL

it even includes a time line with the names of every collection they did since inception by year. I only wish I could read Japanese because the descriptions are very detailed. Thousands of pictures (!)

a must own for RRL fans

these show up on eBay occasionally (where I got mine) but back issues are Sold Out at the publisher unfortunately (I was told this when I tried to order one)

$_57.JPG

154819906_o.jpg

154819885_o.jpg

154819925_o.jpg

154819889_o.jpg

154819933_o.jpg

154819917_tp.jpg

RRL Themes per the magazine back to 2001

Fall 2001
- Buckley
- Dark Denim
- Young Architect
- Speedway

Spring 2002
- Cafe de Nimes

Summer 2002
- Desert Twill

Fall 2002
- Intrepid

Spring 2003
- Champ
- Havana
- Vineyard

Summer 2003
- Savanna

Fall 2003
- Shackleton
- Kings College

Holiday 2003
- Gang of New York

Spring 2004
- The Americas
- Brancusi

Summer 2004
- Charleston

Fall 2004
- Irish Cowboy

Spring 2005
- Rancher
- Shipyard

Summer 2005
- Laundry

Fall 2005
- Cowpuncher
- Signal Corps

Holiday 2005
- Midnight Cowboy

Spring 2006
- New England Craftsmen
- Jackson Pollack

Summer 2006
- Windships

Fall 2006
- The Great Northwest
- Trading Post
- Bowery

Holiday 2006
- Concho

Spring 2007
- Mutiny on the Bounty
- Drugstore Cowboy

Summer 2007
- Indigo Isle

Fall 2007
- Deadwood
- Motorcycle Diaries

Last edited:

Mon Dieu

Reaction score
Last pair I ordered (Olive slim) are marked "Made in China"..........

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
Anybody know what's up with the 'extra 50% taken' on some items? I would think it would mean an extra 50% off the marked price, but it doesn't show an additional discount when you add an item you your cart. The current discount on some of the items is less than 50%, so I wouldn't think they would be priced as marked. :puzzled:

Thanks, namor! Yes, the secret is that my wife is vegetarian (and I have been at various times and am mostly now except for a bit at social occasions), and that we like to run (albeit, not huge miles).

I'm 6'2", 155lbs, so the 30x34 fit me slim without being tight at all. I have some of the Orchard St chinos in 31x34 that are huge on me, mostly because of stretching. Sadly, RRL doesn't seem to make 30x34 anymore, so I mostly have to hope for pants in 30W running long.

I have a pair of the rigid chinos in natural in size 29 x 32 and the inseam measures about 33". There's also about 1.5" cuffed inside the hem, some of which I assume could be let out. The rigid buckle-back Clydes run even longer.

Last edited:

RRL CLOTHING

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some of the sale items online have been further reduced while others have gone up, odd. Anyhow the knowles leather jacket is a steal now at 599, especially if you use the 10% code.
Anybody know what's up with the 'extra 50% taken' on some items? I would think it would mean an extra 50% off the marked price, but it doesn't show an additional discount when you add an item you your cart. The current discount on some of the items is less than 50%, so I wouldn't think they would be priced as marked.
puzzled.gif

Every season they will make one set of stuff that goes on sale first and then take it off "additional" sale and put other items on sale. It doesn't make sense but it is what it is. Then there is the type2 listing that takes you to some ugly belt.

EXTRA xx% TAKEN means it's already reduced, though some items are already reduced, while others aren't as they are on the verge of being reduced further warehouse guy hasn't gotten around to adjustments yet or noticing errors.

Last edited:

Adroit

Reaction score

What is the 10% code?

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
google "ralph lauren bizrate"

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Yeah weird. Natural chinos price increased by $100. Also size 30x32 popped up @zissou

subdivide

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing, NorCal! I flipped through this issue of Free and Easy in some Hong Kong vintage shop a few years ago... it's amazing. Any chance we can entice you to scan and post the whole thing as a pdf?

I have to pass along an amazing book for RRL collectors/fans.... the Japanese magazine Free & Easy that covers Ralph Lauren from October 2007

it's simply amazing - the entire book is RRL all the way back to 1993 with pictures from every year, every line along with pictures from RL's personal archive of vintage clothes, a long interview (in Japanese) with RL on the history of the company, pictures of the RRL Ranch in CO, pictures of store displays, and tons upon tons of product pictures, most of which are RRL

it even includes a time line with the names of every collection they did since inception by year. I only wish I could read Japanese because the descriptions are very detailed. Thousands of pictures (!)

a must own for RRL fans

these show up on eBay occasionally (where I got mine) but back issues are Sold Out at the publisher unfortunately (I was told this when I tried to order one)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads