1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

Tags:
  1. xltros

xltros Active Member

Anyone know when in store sale starts?

2. harveyrabbit

harveyrabbit Senior member

Anyone tried out this jacket in person? Would love any fit information. This looks basically like an updated Mendoza jacket.

3. gumercindo

gumercindo Senior member

IIRC, the Waverly rarely goes on sale, no?

4. Fenderplyr

Fenderplyr Senior member

Bathroom work pic to start the day. RRL hunting jacket, RRL fowler coat, the hillside t shirt, RRL Kentucky slim narrows and finally some juice x Stan smith's [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  5. Cooly

Cooly Senior member

1 person likes this.
  6. gumercindo

gumercindo Senior member

Would like to get everyone's thoughts on cardigan sweaters. Been looking to buy one this winter and I'm eyeing RRL's selection. There are some wool, cotton, linen blends. The indigo ones are nice but is there a dye fade issue to be worried about? I was wondering what the general consensus for best overall caridan that RRL offers in terms of price/fit/quality...

Classic shawl cotton:

http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/...38270&ab=ln_men_cs_sweaters&parentPage=family

Indigo shawl:

http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/...38270&ab=ln_men_cs_sweaters&parentPage=family

Cotton Linen blend:

Or, should I just save the additional money and get myself an SNS stark?

Last edited: Nov 22, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  7. Bethany Heck

Bethany Heck Well-Known Member

Since the Leather sport coat is going to get that sweet, sweet discount tomorrow, here's the update on my experiments. Overall I'm happy with how it's gone. It rains a lot where I live, so it was going to eventually get wet, and I like the overall darker color and when it's on it looks like a hand me down and less like a 70's lounge lizard jacket.

Recap to what it looked like a week post rain: splotches and streaks that were driving me crazy.

[​IMG]

What it looks like after I wet and rubbed in water over the front to even out the rain stains.

[​IMG]

The back has been tougher to manage. I had to soak it more thoroughly to get it to not blotch and to get it even, and the result is that it's darker overall.

[​IMG]

This shot shows the color difference between the font and the back.

[​IMG]

As you can see, you could get this leather really dark if you wanted. I've found the color variances aren't really noticeable when it's on and it simply feels like a feel worn piece. I'm sure someone who knows something about leather could get even better results, but I'm just glad to have it in a place that feels like a new normal, and not having to worry about being precious with when I wear it.

2 people like this.
  8. patrick_b

patrick_b Senior member

Received my email today for 40% off. If you filter by brand, there's a decent amount of RRL.

[​IMG]

9. walds11

walds11 Senior member

^Yep, got that too! It's on, but ends 11/22/2016 at 11:59 p.m. PT. Does that mean the sale starts tomorrow for the general public?

10. aquila49

aquila49 Senior member

As with all things, it's more about your personal preferences. But beyond that I would recommend visualizing how the sweater would look with the trousers and jeans you own.

I'm not big on shawl collars, but I do like the look of the indigo linen-cotton cardigan. The one RRL shawl-collar cardigan I own is linen-cotton blend and I love its texture and weight. But someone who lives on the East Coast might find the sweater too light for the winter.

You probably already know that the colors in RRL photos are often heavily saturated. It always helps to see the sweaters in person, or call a store and ask them to send you photos. For some reason, the images of sweaters on RL.com seem to be more idealized than other items.

11. harveyrabbit

harveyrabbit Senior member

I think there is a lot of overall similarity in the cut of the sweaters since they are all shawl, with the exception being the weave on that indigo shawl. The big differentiator (apart from color) is likely going to be the fabric. There is a lot of difference between a 100% cotton, cotton wool blend, and a cotton linen blend in terms of feel and wearability. I own a few RRL cotton shawls, and although I love the weave and texture, my cotton sweaters just don't get a lot of wear. I find I just prefer how the wool holds its form better, and I consequently own too many RRL sweaters in wool and cashmere. I have a couple of cotton linen blends, and I like them a lot, but they are pretty seasonal. If you are in a warmer climate, then cotton linen and all cotton is great. Cooler or wetter climates are better suited to wool.

As for the Stark, I really wanted to love the SNS Stark. The pattern and heavy wool are the kinds of things I really enjoy. The buttons are a signature detail. But the wool feels like grandma's afghan throw and ultimately I got rid of my SNS Stark. It was one of those items where I paid more, so someone else could pay less.

1 person likes this.
  12. dmagic

dmagic Well-Known Member

Man I'm still waiting on mine so I can see what's on there

13. cj610

cj610 Senior member

Hmmmmm.......

Got the email, clicked it to get to the sale, loaded the cart with what looked to be applicable items, almost all the way through the check out and notice the discount hadn't kicked in?

Anyone else having this issue or might it be just me (likely)?:confused:

14. BHK666

BHK666 Senior member

Worked for me earlier. I went back to snoop dogg the price on another item and had the problem you reported. But overall the site is really slow right now. Probably getting gang-raped.

15. cj610

cj610 Senior member

Nvm

16. aquila49

aquila49 Senior member

Seems to work OK. BTW, you don't need an invite to view the sale. Just point your browser at ralphlauren.com/designersale and become one of the chosen ones.

17. oceansaway

oceansaway Senior member

This problem has been going on for several years now and it never gets fixed! It's hard to believe. It's emblematic of the the website's problems and the company's.

18. BaronFizzwell

BaronFizzwell Well-Known Member

It's not working for me, either, it's annoying that there's no Code, because it's definitely not automatic from what I can see.

19. oceansaway

oceansaway Senior member

[/quote]

This link takes me to the Thanksgiving Sale, not the Designer Sale.

20. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

Styfo adds referral links which can mess up embedded Ralph links. Just type the link into your browser. I had no problem ordering earlier today.