• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

90shilling

Reaction score

Hmmm after the past two pages, I now understand why people are reluctant to post fit pics or to talk about clothing fits on many threads in styleforum

I have the RRL rigid chinos and like the look and construction of them. However, the fit is strange as my 34 model fits a bit roomy in the seat, perfect in the thighs and wide at the leg opening. I may just size down to 33 for my next pair and hope they stretch. What may be better is just buying Epaulet duck canvas chinos in 34, getting the waist let out a bit and stretching those out. That way, a fitted thigh and slim leg opening is ensured.

To follow up on this, I ended up going to the store and trying on smaller waist sizes as DeSense had suggested. I ended up going with a 30 (two sizes smaller than my normal waist size of 32) for a slightly snug fit that I expect to stretch with wear. Crotch doesn't bulge, thighs feel snug, and overall fit is now great.

koidragon

Reaction score

Same pants ... Different pic... I know they are a loose baggy fit but honestly I don't think they are that bad. Either way... I like them. Cheers everyone.

Fenderplyr

Reaction score
Hmmm after the past two pages, I now understand why people are reluctant to post fit pics or to talk about clothing fits on many threads in styleforum

I have the RRL rigid chinos and like the look and construction of them. However, the fit is strange as my 34 model fits a bit roomy in the seat, perfect in the thighs and wide at the leg opening. I may just size down to 33 for my next pair and hope they stretch. What may be better is just buying Epaulet duck canvas chinos in 34, getting the waist let out a bit and stretching those out. That way, a fitted thigh and slim leg opening is ensured.
I had two rigid chinos, the buckleback and non both in size 32 while im around a true 34 waist. The bucklebacks were huge and i ditched those for the non buckleback in a 32 as well however they did fit better. After a few wears they seemed to loosen up a bit as well

captainshields

Reaction score
Same pants ... Different pic... I know they are a loose baggy fit but honestly I don't think they are that bad. Either way... I like them. Cheers everyone.

Looks better.
They are probably so loose because it looks like you have about 4" double cuffed...maybe a shorter inseam?

Last edited:

Kensington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

They look better in that pic. I actually like baggy denim depending on how it's worn. I think brands like Kapital and 45rpm pull off the look well. RRL doesn't seem to focus on their looser denim as much, maybe because of the JNCO/Raver vibe in the states.

koidragon

Reaction score

Looks better.
They are probably so loose because it looks like you have about 4" double cuffed...maybe a shorter inseam?

You are correct.... I have debated this. They do have a nice Selvedge line which is why I went longer and cuffed them. The fabric is really lightweight similar to a linen and denim blend but they are 100 % Japanese denim and comfy as hell.

koidragon

Reaction score

They look better in that pic. I actually like baggy denim depending on how it's worn. I think brands like Kapital and 45rpm pull off the look well. RRL doesn't seem to focus on their looser denim as much, maybe because of the JNCO/Raver vibe in the states.

I do like the look of those.

captainshields

Reaction score
You are correct.... I have debated this. They do have a nice Selvedge line which is why I went longer and cuffed them. The fabric is really lightweight similar to a linen and denim blend but they are 100 % Japanese denim and comfy as hell.

I've always debated whether to buy mine long and do a bunch of cuffing or not...at this point I buy either my exact inseam and one size longer and do a small cuff or no cuff. Or if you're wearing higher boots you can do a big cuff and it looks good.

In my experience, if you're say a 28x30 and you buy a 30x34 the entire fit can be different.
I am a 28x30 and I have a pair of 28x34s that are my favorite wash but I just can't wear them...they feel so weird for some reason.

I might get them hemmed (which you could probably do with yours too).

But I know where you're coming from. I have a few pairs of loose fit that I love to wear because they are just so comfy...but I hate how I look in them. Fashion before comfort....or something like that ;)

captainshields

Reaction score
Anyone by any chance have these jeans in a 28, 29 or 30 or this jacket in a small or xs they would sell?

Last edited:

Kensington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I do like the look of those.

You could try swapping the white shirt in your other pic with a button down and cuff even higher with no break. Add heavy shoes/boots and you'll have more of a country look instead of 90s guy look IMO.

captainshields

Reaction score
Those are some old stuff

Ya...figured I would see if anyone had any they were sick of.
I found RRL only in the last couple years...and I have a whole folder of older season stuff I'm on the hunt for.

A member here recently helped me find one of my dream jackets...so I figured I'd slowly try to find the other stuff :)

Jagger_On

Reaction score

Appreciate you manning up and apologising so quickly. Looks much better but are you intentionally wearing them so low or is that where they are supposed sit. Could be the camera angle but if they're anything like the carpenter pants I have they're supposed to fit around the waist rather than the hips. Might be worth a try unless you are specifically wearing them low.

koidragon

Reaction score

I know when I have been an ass and crossed a line ... Have no problem admitting it and moving on.
Appreciate you manning up and apologising so quickly. Looks much better but are you intentionally wearing them so low or is that where they are supposed sit. Could be the camera angle but if they're anything like the carpenter pants I have they're supposed to fit around the waist rather than the hips. Might be worth a try unless you are specifically wearing them low.

I usually end up wearing my pants around the hips .... Even when they are meant for my natural waist ... Just feels better.... But I understand it probably would look better.

Last edited:

Doctor Chan

Reaction score
Ok, here's my fit pics.

Boots- Wolverine 1000 Mile
Pants- RRL Clydes Indigo (got a 30 inseam but measure 35, haha RRL obviously didn't pay attn. need to hem asap)
Shirt- Sid Mashburn
Sweater- RRL Fleece
Jacket- RRL Thompson

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads