1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Gruff

Gruff Senior member

Visvim, EG and Kapital really aren't comparable to RRL in terms of aesthetics and styling. I'd argue they're just (much) nicer versions of the Denim and Suppy look (especially Visvim). I do like a lot of Kapital's stuff, though.

The thing is, I don't think most of the guys in this thread are interested in looking exceptionally fashion forward, myself included. RRL by it's nature is vintage-focused and generally nice but understated, which is the style you get when you wear it. Not everybody on the forum wants to look like a glam rock star coming off tour sporting a Saint Laurent leather snakeskin jacket and black skinny ripped jeans. It's cool as hell in the right situation but it's overkill for a lot of daily life.

I do agree that the value of RRL is totally out of sync for what it is, though. The denim prices in particular are getting a little ridiculous.

4 people like this.
  2. Cooly

Cooly Senior member

ahhhh...didn't know this...I thought they were the same...all this time, I was calling it chambray ... thanks...not sure if I'll go through the trouble to correct people (in my everyday life) who like "my chambray shirt" but it's good to know...

(probably tmi), but I was looking for a shirt/outfit like Neal Cassady in this pic...and that denim shirt, new black on black jeans, and a black belt I have from tanner goods comes pretty close...
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 8, 2016
  3. alex99

alex99 Senior member

Are you talking about the Aaron workshirt from SS 2015? I have it and it is a great piece. It did make it to sale but sold out quickly after that:

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  4. Cooly

Cooly Senior member

5. Cooly

Cooly Senior member

Oh.. if you want a great slim, non-workshirt chambray shirt, I got this one as well...it's great for everyday/work....it comes with color stays (you can wear it with a tie/sport coat ), doesn't have any pockets on the front: http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/index.jsp?productId=68419446&kw=68419446&sr=1&origkw=68419446

I posted a picture of me wearing it about a month ago with some RRL white pants and Indigo Sport Coat...

anyway...just another idea....

6. FlaSurfer

FlaSurfer Well-Known Member

Check out the J.Crew slim selvedge Japanese chambray utility shirt. Pretty nice for $100.

1 person likes this.
  7. FlaSurfer

FlaSurfer Well-Known Member

Anyone get the Jodhpur's? Not really my thing, but am curious to see them on somebody.

8. Ruggedman

Ruggedman Member

Anyone got or can find the Jayhawk backpack?

9. John Doe

John Doe Senior member

I see them being worn more lately by Japanese workwear guys on IG, although they are not RRL but usually Freewheelers or Blacksign.

10. Kensington

Kensington Senior member

That's the one. I hope they come out with a similar one again. Love the metal buttons.

11. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

Meh..

Last edited: Jun 9, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  12. oynag

oynag Senior member

Didn't have much luck with the spring sale. Ordered about eight things, kept two.

This wasn't on my radar until my SA suggested it. Sleeper hit:

[​IMG]

Plaid Cotton Dobby Shirt- http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/index.jsp?productId=85545576

Had this on my wish list for a while. Solid sweatshirt- good fit and extremely soft.

[​IMG]

Ye olde "Fleece Graphic Sweatshirt"- http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/index.jsp?productId=84546726

Have higher hopes for the summer stuff. I took a flyer on these and like them. Great material with some variation/striping not seen in the picture:

[​IMG]

Regiment Indigo Cargo Short- http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/index.jsp?productId=90497166

Size down on those. I got a 30 and then ordered a 29 to compare. I usually have to order a 31 to get my butt accommodated and then tailor. These shorts do seem to have a relaxed fit as advertised so I can go for a true waist.

1 person likes this.
  13. walds11

walds11 Senior member

^ I have the Indigo Regiment Cargo Short and love them. I went TTS and they fit great. Being that they are relaxed fit, there is a little more room in the seat than I'd like. Maybe they will shrink down a little or maybe tailor...?

14. Sinna17

Sinna17 Active Member

Anybody have any info in this piece ?? I don't recall what season it was from. [​IMG]

15. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

Thanks, I missed that one too. I think I did a search for "popover" and it didn't show in the results.
    Just ordered.

16. oynag

oynag Senior member

Hope you like it. It reads a lot greener in person- less blue.

17. Kensington

Kensington Senior member

Has anyone noticed the numerous trousers listed as black and white or grey pinstripe that all look brown. Do they all look brown in person as well? I have a pair of grey striped trousers from RRL and they're my favorite pants but they have a lot of patches and wear. Looking to pick up some similar ones. Never liked brown pants for some reason. Probably because it makes me feel like a Newsy.

"HERRINGBONE OFFICER'S CHINO
    COLOR: BLACK / WHITE"

[​IMG]

"STRIPED COTTON TROUSER
    COLOR: BLACK / WHITE"

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 9, 2016
  18. dusttruffle

dusttruffle Senior member

should we not be expecting a 30% further reduction promo code for the sale stuff soon?

19. ispace

ispace Senior member

Disappointed to see Ralph have suddenly closed their Australia/NZ online store.

20. Bethany Heck

Bethany Heck Well-Known Member

I have these and they are brown in person, actually looking a bit green in the right light. Here's a photo of my pair.

[​IMG]

4 people like this.