1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

Tags:
  1. RRLRanch

RRLRanch Active Member

And belt pics as well

2. deez nuts

deez nuts Senior member

thanks Harvey.

more pics... the bifold is from last year or the year before. the quality is great, it's stiff and needs to be broken in. the current season's handtooled bifold pales in comparison, it feels cheaper and is flimsy. if you've handled both, would you agree?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. Gruff

Gruff Senior member

What's the consensus on Ebay prices for RRL pieces? Overpriced, about right, underpriced or it depends? I was browsing the recent listings and a few things looked reasonably priced but the majority looked either slightly overpriced or a flat out absurd ripoff.

4. Fenderplyr

Fenderplyr Senior member

most of the big sellers are ripoffs for the most part aka "bluepresent" hence the reason he's been sitting on merchandise from years ago. From your average joe ebayer though you can get pretty good deals especially on slightly used stuff

5. oceansaway

oceansaway Senior member

It's true, "bluepresent" has items for sale that literally have been on the site for years. His strategy defies the laws of economics. Doesn't he have to pay a relist fee each time he reposts his items?

6. John Doe

John Doe Senior member

And what about the way he models his merchandise? Doesn't matter what size it is, he puts it on. I cringe when I see him wearing shirts and sports coats at least two sizes too small; fabrics stretched to the limit, buttons straining about to pop, tee shirts getting the Hulk treatment. Who would want to buy his stretched out crap?

7. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

Bluepresent is an enigma. He's been sitting on some of those items for 6+ years and doesn't seem too fussed about moving stuff. A lot of his items are very old, from before you could buy RRL anywhere online. I purchased something from him ages ago - offered him less than he was asking and what I was willing to pay, and he accepted.

8. meso

meso Senior member

Really depends on what you're looking for and how much patience you have. There are a lot of sellers that stock up on sales and re-list for not far from MSRP. But if you're looking for lightly-used, non totally obscure RRL then there's a lot of that.

9. aquila49

aquila49 Senior member

All over the place. From time to time you'll see some remarkable deals. And then there's old junk posted by people who are seriously delusional—for example, the person who priced this military jacket for quick sale at $2200.00. Good for a laugh anyway.

I've scored some nice RRL belts and wallets for a pittance. Most recently I found a pair of Midland Wash jeans for around $70.00.

10. dmagic

dmagic Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Not to impressed but it'll stay

11. clee1982

clee1982 Senior member

Thought guys like bluepresent live on by oversea buyer, though his inventory does sit around nearly forever

12. Gruff

Gruff Senior member

Thanks for the info, guys. Yeah, I was trying to make sense of the prices and why some things seemed well-priced while others were delusional. I can understand a near-retail listing for a piece that's basically NWT but some of the prices on the pre-worn stuff were just stupid.

I also don't exactly mind if someone's trying to flip a piece they got at an outlet but to mind my mind there's a reasonable mark-up and there's a "fuck you" mark-up, which is what you see with people who list things for crazy prices. Really, RRL, as nice as it is, depreciates just like everything else.

Regarding that bluepresent seller, is he the guy who stands in the exact some pose every time? Camera shot from left, with him in a semi-profile looking to his left? If so, yeah, I saw his stuff and agree he really needs to stop modeling the goods. Most of his stuff really is way too slim/small for him to wear and it makes the piece look worse. Definitely wouldn't buy from him even on a deal just because of that alone.

13. somatoform

somatoform Senior member

14. John Doe

John Doe Senior member

But it's a "collectors piece."

Last edited: Apr 1, 2016
  15. Fenderplyr

Fenderplyr Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I usually try to avoid going full RRLtard in fear of looking costume-y but... Ashby flight jacket, type 1 buckleback, carhart Chinos, rrl tee and murdock boots

5 people like this.
  16. Moehundreds

Moehundreds New Member

So how would you say these fit? are these actually "skinny"? Cause iv'e heard they run small.

17. deez nuts

deez nuts Senior member

$900 is definitely out there. for a "collector" that jacket is a nice score given its age, but in the $150ish range.
    from experience NWT RRL denim jackets go for about $200-$300 on ebay. i got one a few months ago at the outlet for $150 (currently breaking it in), shame about the restructured pricing on RRL, i used to get them for a lot less.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2016
  18. walds11

walds11 Senior member

They are definitely not skinny. I would say they run a touch slimmer than typical RRL slim fits. I did some quick measurement of my slim fit New Mexicos and Bayfields. The Bayfields are about 1/4" smaller in the front rise, thigh and back rise. And about 1/2" smaller in the leg opening.

19. Cooly

Cooly Senior member

Lookin pretty good ... Like the flight jacket...

... As far as going full RRLtard .. Lately Ive been going full RRL and don't think it looks costume-ish at all ... Actually it makes it really easy to just put anything on and it matches and looks good together ... And all the shirts fit the jackets perfectly etc ....

20. pn2k

pn2k Active Member

So apparently the London store is closing... Beginning of the end?