1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

Tags:
  1. stevent

stevent Senior member

2. clee1982

clee1982 Senior member

Ah in store only? Guess time to call some SA...

3. Battlestar

Battlestar Member

I'm also eyeing for this one :)

4. oynag

oynag Senior member

I admire your restraint! What'd you settle on? I went for the Cowichan with the steer skull on the back (again- a previous attempt at medium was oddly skin-tight so I gambled on a large) and the indigo baseball jacket that dropped into dumb-not-to territory.

5. alexelrod

alexelrod Active Member

I too just surrendered my bank credentials and have two costly items heading my way. I feel the pain haha

6. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Senior member

That's my waist. My Slim Straights are 31, but I probably could have gotten a 30 if I wanted to really struggle in the first few months to break them in.

1 person likes this.
  7. aquila49

aquila49 Senior member

My measured waist is 33" as well and I buy all my RRL jeans in size 30. I like them to be a bit tight in the waist because they will inevitably sag.

For someone like me who suffers from DAS (Disappearing Ass Syndrome) too loose of a waist can be disastrous.

3 people like this.
  8. aquila49

aquila49 Senior member

Who needs money when you've got a closet full of faux worker/cowboy clothing! ;)

1 person likes this.
  9. Cooly

Cooly Senior member

Tried them on at the store when they first came out, the fabric is lighter/softer than I thought they would be, but then again, I've been wearing nothing but rigid jeans, chinos, and cargos lately so my perception may be a bit skewed.

The pants fit more like a dress pant would fit... not what I was looking for. at the time ..but the "flecked finish" is very in-style right now and they are a great pant none-the-less....

10. stevent

stevent Senior member

Cool thanks for the info. Want to stop by melrose / robertson but too dangerous haha

11. dcg

dcg Senior member

I've got one of these coming hopefully tomorrow, so I'll snap a pic if it's too different from the site (lulz it's RRL of course it will be).

edit - ok, quotes aren't working. The Hercules chambray.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2016
  12. Fenderplyr

Fenderplyr Senior member

just bought these in store and didn't even realize they were available online. Really great fabric with a slim fit that I think can be easily worn casual or dressed up. Also seems like these will bleed like crazy

13. oynag

oynag Senior member

A ways back, we talked about RRL suiting and someone posted the unique inserts that come with RRL dress shirts. On both topics, this is a sportcoat from about a year ago paired with a recent dress shirt acquisition. I really enjoy the detail on both.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  14. gumercindo

gumercindo Senior member

Are these slim rigids pretty much the top recommended slim fit RRL selvedge currently offered?

15. deez nuts

deez nuts Senior member

a little grainy, but i wore the blazer i purchased from the SH sale. also a RRL chambray and the handmade denim tie.

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  16. Battlestar

Battlestar Member

What size are these? Can you help us get the actual size? Thanks!

17. walds11

walds11 Senior member

You'll probably get some mixed answers. I prefer pre-distressed denim. RRL is great at doing an authentic distressed look. I don't have time, nor do I wear jeans often enough to be able to break in a pair of rigids in a reasonable amount of time.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2016
    3 people like this.
  18. Bobbo316

Bobbo316 Senior member

These are two pics of the same shirt, mainly just posting for color. Inside is a little darker chambray.
    It's size small. I can post sizing info if you guys have questions?

19. typericey

typericey Well-Known Member

I'm definitely not an RRL expert but I saw them live at Stag Provisions, Venice while on vacation and fell in love with them. My biggest regret was not fitting them at the time, hence my query.

There is also a "Once-Washed" version on the RRL website which might even be better as I assume it is more comfortable the first few wears, whilst still getting that raw look.

20. Battlestar

Battlestar Member

Yes please. Can you kindly share the actual measurements for shoulder, chest and waist? Thanks!