1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

Tags:
  1. walds11

walds11 Senior member

You are probably out of luck. I searched Google and eBay and nada. Keep searching as you just never know. They are awesome!

2. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

Surprised to see the slim fit Japanese denim going for $340 on the website. A couple of years ago they were $220?

Why are the cords $420? Are they worth it? Has anyone tried them on and able to comment on sizing?

3. Dirty Denim

Dirty Denim Senior member

I used a few RRL designs as a basis for a few custom pieces I am having made. Ill get some pics up this weekend after I pick em up tomorrow.

4. oceansaway

oceansaway Senior member

Yet another RRL location opening in New York - this time in Brooklyn. Really? Is that necessary? How about a store or two outside of NY?

2 people like this.
  5. nsltrls

nsltrls Senior member

RRL tends to attract a lot of hipster/denimbro types so it makes perfect sense. That store will probably do great.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  6. Dirty Denim

Brooklyn is a great place for a RRL. There is a huge community of people who fit right in with the RRL aesthetic. If anything it is the perfect demo for a RRL store

7. walds11

walds11 Senior member

Yea, I think a day trip is in order. Easy train ride from Philly. Oh the damage I could put on my credit card :)

8. Dirty Denim

Ok as i said i had these RRL pants custom made but using raw Kaihara 13.5 oz selvedge. Went with a slim straight cut.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  9. FlaSurfer

FlaSurfer Well-Known Member

^^^ You had those made? They look great! Is the vest custom as well?

10. bikerbiker

bikerbiker New Member

Someone please help!
    I'm looking for rrl engineer boots. Kind of confused bc I've read Ralph Lauren had 2-3 diff companies make these? I don't like the newest design. I'd prefer the Julian made or the ones after that as they look better made. Biggest prob I'm having is to figure out how these run in size. I've read to size up, down etc. some input from someone who has a pair or knows about them please help me out. Thanks in advance!

11. Dirty Denim

Yessir both were made based on designs i wanted. There are a few pieces I love from RRL I wish they wouldnt put thru the ringer by distressing them to hell. Of course some are done fine but some of the pants are a lil over board IMO

12. deez nuts

deez nuts Senior member

i follow him... he's an actual cowboy.

13. Cooly

Cooly Senior member

So...I did get the RRL pea coat ... it came down to the Buzz Rickson or the RRL and went with the RRL one ... (btw, the RRL one has the corduroy side pockets as well - maybe all pea coats do, but buzz ricks seems to market this more so)

Thought I would give some advice on sizing. I normally wear a size medium in RRL shirts, medium in the sweaters, and even got a medium on a twill jacket. However, with the pea coat, a size small fit me perfectly (a medium engulfed me - way too long in body length, arm length, and big all over). so, fyi, you may want to size down.

...the pea coat will be a good part of my casual winter coat look this year...

14. BackInTheJox

BackInTheJox Senior member

Nice! Post some pics!

Last edited: Oct 18, 2015
  15. ImBurningStarIV

ImBurningStarIV Senior member

Anyone know where I can get the Baker Jacket in Small? I have an XS but it's just a hair too small, I caould probably make it work, but would like the small instead.

16. John Doe

John Doe Senior member

You can find a lot of info here (http://vintageengineerboots.blogspot.com) by searching the blog. If not you can email him your question, he is very willing to answer peoples questions.

A lot of info here also: http://www.denimbro.com/engineer-boots_topic1449.html

17. cj610

cj610 Senior member

Whoever did those looks to have done a nice job. I applaud your willingness to take a chance too. They turned out looking just like original RRL yet without the distressing. Well done.........:thumbs-up:

18. Cooly

Cooly Senior member

Here's the RRL Pea Coat from/for this Winter... was told by the SAs the small fit me perfectly (as compared to the medium - which I agreed with...the medium was I think a was a little too long and the shoulders/torso was too big/roomy (even with a sweater)...but if any pea coat experts on this thread think differently let me know before I take the tag off etc...

BTW had no idea there was a pea coat cult/aficionado following - a lot of people know the different types (WWI, WWII...etc). A friend told me RRL one is more like the the ones put out in WWII (or maybe he said pre--WWII - ca't remember) with the corduroy pockets and the fact its all wool (no synthetic) ...and he told me its a great "weight"...anyway... thought I would share - all new to me...(probably old news to a lot of people on this thread)...

[​IMG]

19. randomnoob

randomnoob Senior member

can you share your measurements? i'm always buying small and medium..then small is too tight in the chest/upper back, medium is just too long

20. Cooly

Cooly Senior member

sure...but it'll probably take me a couple days....