1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

Tags:
  1. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

lol. 80% off? wtf? that's amazing, but I don't know how I never seem to luck into these sales frenzies!

2. deez nuts

deez nuts Senior member

yup... i believe it was 70% off first day, 75% off the 2nd, and 80% off on the 3rd.

3. clee1982

clee1982 Senior member

nice! I was sitting on it for too long then my size was gone...

1 person likes this.
  4. notwithit

notwithit Senior member

Ditto. I kept thinking "one more drop...done more drop..." and then the Ms were gone before it happened.

1 person likes this.
  5. jhcam8

jhcam8 Senior member

I feel your pain. Got lucky through a store when they had extra off - don't recall what I paid but it seemed pretty reasonable - as these things go.

6. FlaSurfer

FlaSurfer Well-Known Member

Had a large in my cart for a long time when it was $99. Just couldn't justify the 3 wears a year I would get with it living in Florida; would be much more appreciated by you cold weather sufferers. :)

1 person likes this.
  7. walds11

walds11 Senior member

Check out this new RRL denim jacket...WASHED DENIM JACKET...

http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/index.jsp?productId=65354996

This is a type 3 jacket which is like a traditional Levi 50-60s inspired jacket. I was trying to locate a Roper jacket, but this is really what I am looking for. Is 15.25 oz. considering light, medium or heavy weight for a denim jacket? As always, your feedback is greatly appreciated.

8. BackInTheJox

BackInTheJox Senior member

9. Dirty Denim

Dirty Denim Senior member

1 person likes this.
  10. Bobbo316

Bobbo316 Senior member

RRL all the way. It will be chunkier.

I'd be curious to see pics from a store on these to see the real color.

11. jhcam8

jhcam8 Senior member

Another lined work shirt from last winter. It's a little stretchier than the other one.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 4, 2015
  12. Cooly

Cooly Senior member

RL had a more expensive Polo model as well last year. I thought it strange as well that they wouldn't just make the RRL one more expensive "just because" ...

I've been thinking of [trying] to rock the pea coat this winter. I've never owned a pea coat and it seems to be calling me this year. When you search "RRL pea coat" in google, @Dylanda pictures from 2012 comes up and the RRL peacoat looks really good....

I also saw the Australian site has a brown version of the pea coat called the "Clark Pea Coat". I'm wondering if anyone has seen it sold here in the states online or in the stores in past years? Heres a link to the Australian site: http://www.ralphlauren.com.au/en/me...ea-coat-444155/444853?country=AU&currency=AUD

13. ispace

ispace Senior member

They look great; I'm a huge fan of brown jeans. Interesting to see that the weft is a dark brown. I wonder if they're selvedge?

14. Dirty Denim

Dirty Denim Senior member

Me too. I love browns and greens which RRL happens to do a lot. The fact that the weft is brown makes me think they def got a persimmon dip but thats just me hoping. The description says the coin pocket is selvedge so i think they might be

15. ispace

ispace Senior member

Unfortunately they copy & paste that "selvedge coin pocket" phrase so it appears on almost every jeans listing regardless of whether they're selvedge or not. But in this case I think you're right & they may be selvedge.

16. Bobbo316

Bobbo316 Senior member

I have the clark pea coat. Its more of an olive. Its beast thou.

17. fwedo

fwedo Well-Known Member

Dylanda RRL peacoat is different from this RRL peacoat : http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/index.jsp?productId=48186246

This is an older version and not the same type (different historic periods, i think). Dylanda's peacoat (and mine, I have the same) is longer with 2 additional pockets (like clark peacoat : it was sold last year on french RL website)

Very thick, very warm, very rugged : you cannot put it on a suit). The Polo is more urban

Fred

Last edited: Oct 5, 2015
  18. Hard2Fit

Hard2Fit Senior member

Been perusing the site today...
    What are people's thoughts on RRL Limited Edition pieces?
    I haven't been impressed with the LE 'distressed' jeans. (IMHO RRL often ends up overdoing a lot of the distressing on their denim.)
    Are the LE jackets or t-shirts that great?

19. boxdok

boxdok Senior member

If that schott peacoat with the leather on the back of the sleeves drop under 700, I will scoop it up. I'm also feeling the distreesed denim shirt they just put up.i probably will buy all 3 of the limited edition t shirts once they go on sale. The deck jacket is nice but i think I'm going to finally buy me an iron heart 21oz denim jacket instead. I figure i will get a lot more use out of it here in GA.We only get 6 weeks of cold weather. I really wish they would stop releasing all the limited edition jeans as straight leg and do slim fit/narrow instead.

1 person likes this.
  20. Cooly

Cooly Senior member

Thanks - great information about the differences between the pea coats ... Didn't catch that at first. Now totally confused as to what I want for outerwear this winter - still may give the regular RRL pea coat a spin...