• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

engar

Reaction score
Does anybody has seen a three pieces Ginger harris tweed three pieces suit from AW14?

Maitiu

Reaction score
RRL rep told me today was the last day. (01/20/13)

As for the outlets...I dont know how that works...where it goes and when it arrives for sale...
Damn! I'm flying into Manhattan today on business too! My first stop after a coffee and a slice of cheescake from Ferraro's was to the RRL shops for some deals. Bummer.

Last edited:

subdivide

Reaction score

Yes, I have with ambivalent results. So I'll say it depends.

Other than the obvious needing a good tailor, it depends on how much.

In my experience, up to 2 inches lopped off the waist will produce negligible visual results. I took in a pair from around 38 to 36 with fantastic results. Anything over 2 inches I wouldn't recommend. Hence taking in my first pair of Rescues years ago from 39-40 ish down to 36 (tag size 36) completely ruined them. The back pockets got too close together and the rise became much longer feeling.

Some people are sticklers for never taking in the waist, but it really can produce great results without adversely affecting the look of the jean.

I should also add that I think the softness of the denim will allow the tailor greater ease in taking them in well. So if they are stiff like raw wear them first through multiple washes, whatever the frequency, and then consider taking them in.

I'll be getting a pair of ALD taken in soon from around 37 to 35 but they have been worn for well over a year and washed multiple times.

Really solid advice. I'd add another option, if you only need to lose 1 to 1.5" off the waist - pull off the top waist button and have a new one put on further from the edge.

Trimalchio

Reaction score
Really solid advice. I'd add another option, if you only need to lose 1 to 1.5" off the waist - pull off the top waist button and have a new one put on further from the edge.
Thanks guys. Appreciate the advice. Basically I'm in between sizes - 34" is too narrow in thighs though I can fit it around waist but extra tight. 36" looks much better on thighs yet is too big. A 35" would have probably been perfect.

hoit1981

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've also had to make waist alterations to a couple of recent pairs (slim-fit slate blue and slim-fit roper wash). Each time I took about 2" off the waist and they now fit perfectly - especially the roper wash, which are just a great fit in every possible way. The slate blue's have a slightly larger leg opening than my other slims, but are perfect everywhere else - at some point I'll just get the hem of those altered slightly.

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Limited edition olive slim fits or the indigo ones? Any sizes left? To call and ask a store for sizes does one need a sku number?

Olive ones, unsure what sizes they have left now

Trimalchio

Reaction score
I've also had to make waist alterations to a couple of recent pairs (slim-fit slate blue and slim-fit roper wash). Each time I took about 2" off the waist and they now fit perfectly - especially the roper wash, which are just a great fit in every possible way. The slate blue's have a slightly larger leg opening than my other slims, but are perfect everywhere else - at some point I'll just get the hem of those altered slightly.
What do you usually wear and what did you buy the slim slates in? apologies if you already said a couple pages back...

hoit1981

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What do you usually wear and what did you buy the slim slates in? apologies if you already said a couple pages back... 

I wear a W36 and bought W36. I don't like squeezing my legs/thighs into a W34 and W35 is hardly ever an option.

ChasingBobby

Reaction score
It usually gets shipped to one of a few warehouses around the country and re tagged for outlet pricing and then distributed slowly throughout the next few months. Seemingly at random.

It will be another half year til these sales items hit the outlet store. Possibly next year.

I remember a few years back when WOODBURY outlet received tons of Rugby goodies...Sweaters, cardigans, polos and tees for under $20...
Would calling RL CSR (near future) have any info on them reaching the outlets??

hoit1981

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I remember a few years back when WOODBURY outlet received tons of Rugby goodies...Sweaters, cardigans, polos and tees for under $20...
Would calling RL CSR (near future) have any info on them reaching the outlets??

Haha nice idea. In my experience, even the staff at outlets don't like giving out stock info over the phone.

ChasingBobby

Reaction score
Haha nice idea. In my experience, even the staff at outlets don't like giving out stock info over the phone.

Kinda had that feeling lol...hit or miss....ill post some of the stuff later that I got from the outlet a few years back...

00bam

Reaction score
has anyone notice some size inconsistencies like slight ones with the same size and everything with the denims?

Kensington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

has anyone notice some size inconsistencies like slight ones with the same size and everything with the denims? 

Yeah, I think there are inconsistencies with clothing in general. It's the nature of manufacturing not everything will be identical. When I shop I will try on a few pairs of the same size just to get the one the fits the best.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads