1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Battlestar

Battlestar Member

Same here. Just wondering what is the exact size of XS and S for these kind of sweaters? Actual pics is also appreciated. Thanks!

2. Hard2Fit

Hard2Fit Senior member

Love this.
    Planning on snagging it soon...

3. Dirty Denim

Dirty Denim Senior member

Not sure how long iv had these Olive Clydes but I washed them for the 1st time after wearing them for maybe 30 to 50 times. Such a great fabric and still my favorite fitting pants let alone that they also are tops in my RRL collection. Last photo is for comparison. They are still really stiff and retained some of that wax coating although they don't have the sheen they came with

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 26, 2015
    3 people like this.
  4. Dirty Denim

Oh and the baggy ass the Clydes come with has tightened up quite a bit. That last unwashed photo shows what they were like prior to water

5. Dirty Denim

6. ImBurningStarIV

ImBurningStarIV Senior member

reasoning behind wearing your belt that way? just curious.

I have the brown clydes and the have become my favorite pants also, just a perfect fit and go with almost anything.

7. Dirty Denim

For me i like the way it looks but I also only wear it like that with certain pants or looks. Musicians are typically who do it out of necessity to prevent scratching their guitars.

8. Please Help

Please Help New Member

First time poster here with a question. I am ordering my first pair of RRL Low Straight's on ebay within the next day or so. I have no RRL dealer near me so I can't make a trip to try them on for size. I normally wear a 33 Regular in all my other jeans. My thighs are a little larger than most at around 25.5" at the largest spot. Just wondering if this style of RRL jean will be too tight for my thigh region. I don't like my pants to fit super skinny. Thanks!

9. jhcam8

jhcam8 Senior member

Probably to prevent gut buckle.

1 person likes this.
  10. Dirty Denim

That too haa!!

11. Dirty Denim

The Low straights give me problems in my thighs but i am a true 36 waist with me needing at least a 26 in thigh. I can pull off the tagged 34's which by the way measure 36 at the start but if i want some room i go with the tagged 35 or 36. Most RRL bottoms are vanity sized so that means if u are a true 33 waist you should go with the 32 but they will fit as they should...slim. Hope that helps

12. Please Help

Please Help New Member

Thanks for the response! I have a bad feeling they are going to be a little snug for my liking. I have a good sized rear section too that doesn't help the situation. I have never worn a very slim fitting jean but I am trying to transition. I have worn the same looser fitting jeans from the Buckle for years, and I am starting to feel like my style is similar to AC Slater from Saved by the Bell. Time for a style change. Will reply back with the outcome!

13. Dirty Denim

Message the ebay seller to measure the thighs for you. Some are members here so worth a shot. Whats the sellers name on ebay?

14. Please Help

Please Help New Member

I just ordered two pair. One is a 33 Low Straight, and the other is a 33 Slim Boot. I hate not being able to try things on before a purchase. Both had decent return policies so figured what the heck. Here are the sellers.

prncsamanda
    ireneling

15. boxdok

boxdok Senior member

If you are worried about the low straight being too tight in the thighs then the slim boot cut will definitely be too tight. Out of all the different cuts of RRL jeans. I find slim boot to have the smallest thighs.

16. walds11

walds11 Senior member

I am tall and slender (6ft and ~170 lbs) and low-straights are my fit of choice. How does the low-straight compare to slim and slim bootcut in terms of fit and measurements? I never tried slim-fit jeans. I have my eye on the slim-fit New Mexico and slim bootcut repaired Santa Fe wash jeans. The later are on sale and pretty cool repaired denim and wash! I wear boots a lot in the fall and winter. The low-straight leg opening is about 16". That is a nice leg opening for shoes and boots; not too too big or too small of a leg opening in my opinion.

17. ImBurningStarIV

ImBurningStarIV Senior member

I can help you a bit, I have several of all fits, I wear a 30x30 in all of them.

Measurments:
    Low Straight
    waist - 33
    rise - 9.5
    thigh - 21 ish
    leg opening - 15

Slim Fit
    waist - 33
    rise - 9
    thigh - 20 ish
    leg opening - 14

Slim boot
    waist - 33
    rise - 8.5
    thigh - 18-19 ish
    leg opening - 15

Low straight is the loosest through the whole fit, slim fit has more taper and smaller leg opening, and the slim boot (which is my favorite fit) is the slimest in the top block and basically has no taper.

18. walds11

walds11 Senior member

Thanks for sharing! I think the slim boot is right up my alley. I called the RRL store in East Hampton, NY and they have my size in the slim boot Santa Fe wash and on sale for less than the sale price online :)

19. walds11

walds11 Senior member

I am not digging the repairs and stains on the slim boot Sante Fe wash jeans, plus uncertain about the slim bootcut fit. Gonna stick with low-straights. Anyone have the low-straight One-Washed jeans? What is the weight of these jeans? Are they really stiff? How long will it take to start getting some nice fading, wiskering and honeycombing on these? Would I go with the same size as my low-straight Dark Wash jeans? Do they have the back pocket stitching? The pics on RL RRL's website are misleading. One pic has back pocket stitching and the other do not. Thanks!

20. Dirty Denim

My OW lows straights had the pocket stitching but each pair is different. They will fade but not right before your eyes like some raws. As for sizing them, I went 34 but wish i would have went 36. They fit but were tighter than i wanted