1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Bobbo316

Bobbo316 Senior member

I can give you the actual waist on a size 31? I feel they run the same as any other slim.

2. somatoform

somatoform Senior member

Aside from the obvious that the website makes mistakes or they're lying to bait you in, one possibility comes to my mind. Months back right before they first started running the sale, they had finished off-loading all the selvedge type-2 jackets and almost immediately put up a super sweet Type-1 ish jacket, also selvedge, It had one pocket on the left with no flap, exposed rivets, triple pleats, and pocket embroidery. Really nice jacket. As soon as the sale began it disappeared and in it's place appeared the current type-3 trucker jacket, but it seams they never changed the name. The type-1 jacket was up for so little time I can't even find an image of it on google. I hope it makes a re-appearance. At any rate, yeah, I think they swapped the jackets under the same heading so quick no one registered the fact that the replacement is in fact non-selvedge.

1 person likes this.
  3. Bobbo316

Bobbo316 Senior member

Just a heads up.

Next Tuesday some of the summer collection will go 30% off. I'm not 100% certain if it's an online sale and it does not include the nautilus collection.

4. oynag

oynag Senior member

Might be sooner. Check tomorrow, especially if you're near a store.

5. inimitable

inimitable Senior member

Just picked up a pair of One Wash Low Straights. Can anyone comment if they stretch much in the thigh? Pretty much perfect everywhere else, but the thigh is rather tight.

6. Fenderplyr

Fenderplyr Senior member

I'd say expect everything to stretch about an inch, thigh and waist included

1 person likes this.
  7. deez nuts

deez nuts Senior member

glad to help.

8. Fenderplyr

Fenderplyr Senior member

speaking of stretch, I really need these east/west slim narrows to break in. They actually broke the skin behind my knee when I was riding my bike

9. Cooly

Cooly Senior member

so strange...I'm not having these issues with the east/west slim narrows, if anything I kind of wish I would have gone down a size..but it's what the store had in stock on sale...

I'm finding these less stiff/rigid than the slim-straight american denim I got in the fall...

...but you're not the only one who is contradicting me on this forum about these....

I'm lovin the denim on these though...

Last edited: Jun 19, 2015
  10. dmagic

dmagic Well-Known Member

Runs slim , but in satisfied with it

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  11. White Lotus

White Lotus Senior member

[​IMG]

^ The Rawlins Jacket's color does not look like the one shown on the web. lol.

[​IMG]

12. FlaSurfer

FlaSurfer Well-Known Member

If you've got an extra $500 your looking to abscond with I highly recommend picking up a pair of the Bowery's now on sale. Got mine last night and wore them for 14 hrs today. Nary a sign of wear, fit TTS and are super comfortable. I'd be ok paying retail for them.

Also, anybody know if the RL stores in Paris carry RRL? I'm going to be in France for 2 wks in July and plan to stop in. I'm taking a 100% RRL wardrobe on the trip sans my Hanes white v-neck tees that I pretty much live in.

13. MasterOfDomains

MasterOfDomains Well-Known Member

Need this aswell

14. Sym

Sym Senior member

The mansion on Saint-Germain carries RRL

15. oceansaway

oceansaway Senior member

Hard to believe it's this far off and that they never bothered to correct it. The website version is cool--if it were real. Sort of an Afrika khaki color.

16. Dylanda

Dylanda Well-Known Member

Really ? I like the color of the website version , it is much better than in real life How can it be such a huge difference ?

17. oceansaway

oceansaway Senior member

That's what I'm saying: the website version is much cooler.

18. Battlestar

Battlestar Member

Hi guys, does anyone here purchase the slim oxford sport shirt? Can you kindly post an actual pics for the ore black and rinse blue please? Thanks! :)

19. BaronFizzwell

BaronFizzwell Well-Known Member

Sadly often the case ... I was told by one of the guys at a RRL store that a lot of the images we see on the Website are pre production samples, which is why there is so much difference between them. It's not necessarily all about the shitty photography.

A lot of the times the colours you see on the Website are like the "Dream version" of what it could be. Like the Leather Bowery Boot. It looks like a rich, dark, chocolatey colour that's shiny, but to make sure, one of the guys at the Melrose store sent me pictures he'd taken of the actual boot. Those showed them to be a dull, jet black, not a dark brown.

Other times, though, I've bought something, like the Velvet Waistcoat (the one that looked like it would be worn by some character from Red Dead Redemption that sold snake oil from the back of a wagon) and it's been completely accurate, so who knows. And I know the above Leather Bowery Boot listing says "Black" for the colour, but so did that Waistcoat ...

20. oceansaway

oceansaway Senior member

This just goes to show that the people running the website are asleep at the wheel. If there's an egregious difference between a pre-production photo and the actual item, they should catch that and fix it. But for some reason, once they've loaded a picture or a description on the website, that's the end of it. If there's a mistake in the photo or product description, forget about it, it's not getting fixed.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2015