1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

Tags:
  1. jhcam8

jhcam8 Senior member

Looks great and you seem to like the quality. Old saying: "If the jacket fits, wear it."

2. dmagic

dmagic Well-Known Member

3. deez nuts

deez nuts Senior member

nice. looks like a remake of the cotton varsity jacket with the buffalo leather arms, but a lot better.

4. dmagic

dmagic Well-Known Member

Also got the Griggs in , kinda meh in person online pics made it look better .

Here it is next to the Mendoza from last year ,

[​IMG]

5. dmagic

dmagic Well-Known Member

And a red one smh

[​IMG]

6. Bobbo316

Bobbo316 Senior member

The navy is super nice. I cannot pull the red one up on the site. Anyone got a link?

7. boxdok

boxdok Senior member

I'm on my mobile phone and i can't find the 2 new RRL varsity jackets on the Polo website. Can someone post a link?

8. dmagic

dmagic Well-Known Member

Red is on the UK site , navy is us site go under jackets should be there , I placed my order already thru mobile

9. Bobbo316

Bobbo316 Senior member

Interesting the red is reversible. [​IMG]

10. RRLRanch

RRLRanch Active Member

Has anyone got the CPO Cotton Sweater Shirt? Would like to see a fit pic.

1 person likes this.
  11. Cooly

Cooly Senior member

I do not have fit pics, but I did see it/feel it/hold it up at the SF Fillmore store. I thought it was nice, but quite thick/heavy for a summer item (even for our SF weather standards). Would make a great fall/winter piece though (at least a west coast winter...not a "real" winter).

12. Cooly

Cooly Senior member

Does anyone know how the bowery boot fits size wise? If I wear an xxx in a US dress shoe - what would the RRL Bowery boot fit ...size up, down, or straight on? If sizing up and sizing down, how much...a half size, full size?

13. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

Bowery are oddly wide/high volume but relatively short.

14. dmagic

dmagic Well-Known Member

Hate to say it but you have to try them on , I have six pair of Bowery and they all fit diffrent . 4 pair from 2012 and 2 pair from last year

15. ktown

ktown Senior member

I'm interested in this piece. Can it be worn kind of like a jacket? Or will that look weird? I may stop by the RRL store next weekend to try it on.

16. DJ Quaaludes

DJ Quaaludes Senior member

I have a pair (Cheaney produced, I believe) and for reference I'm an 11.5C in an Allen Edmonds, and an 11 fit the best in the Bowery.

17. RandJG1

RandJG1 Senior member

I did pick this piece up. its very unique with the thick waffle weave. I would echo the sentiment that its not a real summer item unless you use it like a light jacket on a cool evening. its a great layering piece. also i do think it breathes quite a bit due to the coarse weave.

18. RandJG1

RandJG1 Senior member

I guess it depends, i think of it as a sweater for styling ideas. Have only worn it once or twice so far and it was much cooler then and layered it with the dark bluish grey version of the endurance shirt which was more brown this past winter season. good luck.

19. RandJG1

RandJG1 Senior member

I like it pretty well. Agreed i couldn't pop for it at 590, i have too many denim engineer coats like this anyway. yes i did get the one extra button as per usual.

1 person likes this.
  20. RandJG1

RandJG1 Senior member

some horrible fit picks of CPO sweater shirt. I made a mistake actually the sleeved are plenty long and about where id like it. Length and neck are too short for me but thats not unusual ;)

[ATTACHMENT=11234][ATTACHMENT=11235][ATTACHMENT=11236][ATTACHMENT=11237][ATTACHMENT=11238]IMG_3156.JPG (1,347k. JPG file)[/ATTACHMENT][/ATTACHMENT][/ATTACHMENT][/ATTACHMENT][/ATTACHMENT]