1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

Tags:
  1. RRL100

RRL100 Member

How much do RRL jeans weigh? Not sure that is the way to ask the question. I mean oz.

I have Straight Leg once washed.

Thx

2. White Lotus

White Lotus Senior member

it fits pretty well. Thanks man. I like what im seeing. Can you button up the neck?

Last edited: May 28, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  3. aquila49

aquila49 Senior member

Yes, I can usually get an additional 15% off—but not on everything. Every little bit helps when you have a "habit". ;)

It's worthwhile to develop a relationship with one of the sales people. They'll call you and let you know when sales are upcoming and if they can get you a friendlier discount.

4. aquila49

aquila49 Senior member

Yes, the Rigid Clyde Chinos. I picked up a pair of these as well. And they are definitely more of a brown. A bit slimmer than I ordinarily like but the twill is fantastic.

5. clee1982

clee1982 Senior member

store has almost always been better, and if you can't find the same deal you can just show them the online price then I'm sure they will match it

6. aquila49

aquila49 Senior member

1 person likes this.
  7. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

Don't know how I'd feel eating something called "Ralph's Special Sauce".

Wifey saw the burger pic on my screen.
    She just showed me the Bon Appetite it's from.

Last edited: May 27, 2015
  8. aquila49

aquila49 Senior member

Just wanted to put in a good word for the RRL Buckle-backed Selvedge Jeans. (Currently 209.99 on RL.com.) These have become my favorite all-time jeans and I never thought any denim would replace the LVC '47 501's in my heart. (Just a fickle guy, I guess!)

If you like a straight leg fit, they're well worth the investment.

9. clee1982

clee1982 Senior member

how does straight compare to low straight, just higher rise or all around looser

1 person likes this.
  10. aquila49

aquila49 Senior member

Higher rise. Not sure if it's that much looser than a low straight.

11. RRL100

RRL100 Member

Anyone know jean weight? 16oz? 18oz? 21oz?

Straight Leg once washed.

12. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

these are on my list of pairs to buy. love the color. are they easy to pair?

13. jhcam8

jhcam8 Senior member

I texted my guy at the store and received no answer. Called the store later and found out that the number was no longer in service. From the little I found out, they're remodeling and will reopen sometime this year.
    So, WTF?

14. aquila49

aquila49 Senior member

Which store are you talking about? San Francisco?

15. jhcam8

jhcam8 Senior member

SE MI - the Somerset Collection in Troy, MI. It's amazing that the cheap bastards in MI can support a Nieman and Saks at that mall.

The RL store was pretty small and didn't carry alot - little or no RRL, e.g. Have no clue if they're reopening.

16. oceansaway

oceansaway Senior member

17. RRL100

RRL100 Member

How much do the jeans weigh? The Straight Leg Once Washed? 14oz? 16oz?

18. jhcam8

jhcam8 Senior member

My former RL guy just called and said that Corporate decided to revamp the retail business into POLO and RL. RL will carry Black and Purple label and POLO the rest. He didn't know about RRL, but I expect they'll remain separate as they are now.
    Anyway, the store closed in March, the employees were given severance packages and it was adios, muchachos. The store designer said that the store was too big for the sales volume (they had home, women's and kid's sections, so it was fairly large, I guess). It's going to reopen as a POLO store, so it'll be about like Macy's I guess. He also said that the POLO's will be geared toward transactional exchange v. customer relationships. No doubt RL will continue with the relationship model.

19. FlaSurfer

FlaSurfer Well-Known Member

Picked-up the east-west slim narrows and the slim helm wash in the latest sale.

To me, the slim-narrows fit like the typical slim-fit jean by today's standard, with a slightly higher rise.

I don't find the helm slim-fits to be slim at all, but I still like them. I have a pair of RL motorcycle boots they fit over (the slim-narrows will not) which works great for me.

Going to wear the helm slims to work tomorrow, so will post pics if I remember.

Question - what is the point of wearing a pair of an already aggressively washed/distressed jean (like the helms) 90 times before washing as recommended? They're already factory washed & distressed.... you're not going to get much of your own wear marks on them...

20. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

Interesting. They recently closed the Las Vegas RL store in the Venetian after opening a POLO store in Cesar's last year. A long time SA told me they had hired a bunch of college age guys at the POLO store rather than transferring any of the old timers. The Venetian store always had really great SA's.