• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

urbanwoodsman

Reaction score
Might head out to the W Bway store tomorrow after the snow subsides. Are they still running 40% off sale prices for early fall collections? Anything left?

Lots of decent stuff left. But of course, it all depends on your size. When you head to the store, ask for Chris Hubbert. He's the least pretentious, most knowledgeable SA there.

DJ Quaaludes

Reaction score
Received my online order the other day, hopefully I'll have a fit pic or two up soon. On first impression....

Glad I got in on the Irving shirt, great fabric, good fit, nice details. At under $100 I feel like it was a good deal. The trapper hat is very nice as well, though I found the large a tad big (I normally am a 7 and 3/8 in fitted caps, the large must be closer to a 7 and 1/2), so that may be going back.

Do any of you happen to own the 5-pocket rigid denim chinos? http://m.ralphlauren.com/product/index.jsp?productId=21363146
If so, any suggestions on how you wear them? I found the fit to be slightly more snug in the waist than the rigid officer twill chino, so glad I went with one size larger. However the inseam on these is ridiculous. Even considering that they are cut to be worn pretty high on the waist, I found I would need an additional 'double' cuff to get them to sit right. I normally wear a 34 inseam in most RRL but comparitively these appear to be closer to a 36 inseam, even considering their higher waist. Definitely keeping them as the color and material is great, just unsure if I should just cuff the hell out of em or get them hemmed.

Last edited:

fwedo

Reaction score
nice combo

avocado1

Reaction score
That watch.... One day....

I remember searching for for that style of watch and coming across it. Then I saw the price. Rather embarrassed to say it made me want it more. Is that bad?

BLAUGRANA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I remember searching for for that style of watch and coming across it. Then I saw the price. Rather embarrassed to say it made me want it more. Is that bad?

Well I would say if you want something the price shouldn't really matter. I still want it, but I don't see it happening. I'm rather like that with watches on top of that fact that I get sick of them so fast. There are a few RL watches though, that being one of them, that I covet. I'd spring for one if I got a deal, but suspect that will never happen.

Or you can call customer service & get the instore style number yourself... That way when you call RRL they can help you quicker
smile.gif

Yeah. I didn't know that's what the SA had to do to convert style numbers until after the fact. Then I figured they might not do that over the phone for you if you're just a customer.

Last edited:

BLAUGRANA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gave that one a glance yesterday. I like it, especially for Spring and Fall, but would have preferred a button front as opposed to the zipper.

hoit1981

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Who made it? B&R?

captainshields

Reaction score
Yep. I'd love to get that watch as well....or any of them.
I love the safari collection.
Anyone know anything that looks similar but is way significantly cheaper?

Last edited:

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
That looks like the RL67 chronometer. $3250.
http://www.hodinkee.com/blog/hands-...-safari-chronometer-live-pics-details-pricing

The Ralph watches are actually sort of interesting in the horological sense, being decent watches rather than just POS quartz with RL branding ala Gucci, Burberry etc.
I think the RL67 uses some fairly pedestrian ETA movement as its base but that's pretty standard for that price point and it is a chronometer grade movement.
There are some other Ralph watches that use more interesting JLC and IWC movements.

I'd look at a Hamilton Khaki for something similar to the Safari collection.

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tried the new buckleback jeans on in store today... I need a 33, which they didn't have in stock, so I'll probably end up ordering that online. I liked the fit, though. I've never owned a buckleback jean, and I like the drape of the jean after basically only swearing slim/straight denim for years.

The Utica wash also looks good in person.

The Connor workshirt is nice. There is also a buttondown collar navy indigo plain shirt that I also liked (don't see it online)

Last edited:

doctorman

Reaction score
Might head out to the W Bway store tomorrow after the snow subsides. Are they still running 40% off sale prices for early fall collections? Anything left?

you might want to give them a call. i was there last week and there weren't much left. a few jackets in random sizes. some shirts. quite a few sweaters/cardigans. pretty poor denim selection. some wool/flannel pants but didn't have all sizes.

doctorman

Reaction score
Lots of decent stuff left. But of course, it all depends on your size. When you head to the store, ask for Chris Hubbert. He's the least pretentious, most knowledgeable SA there.

+1. i thought i was the only person that thinks some of the SA's are quite pretentious and even at time a bit of pricky...

Baldomero

Reaction score

I've been trying to break mine in for a couple years, and they still look like a fresh clean pair of one-wash. 

I'm a couple months away from a year, though I can't wear them to work and don't wear em in the Texas summer near at all, and the portion below the knee is as stiff as ever.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics