1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

Tags:
  1. GusW

GusW Senior member Dubiously Honored

Great feedback. Thanks!

pocketsquareguy,

i would recommend that you don't buy them without trying on all the cuts and all the washes you can find. i have seen many pairs and the sizing can definitely vary depending on wash, cut, and run, though two pairs in the same run are likely the same or almost the same in terms of measurements. if you're buying from someone on here or ebay, ask them if they own a pair themselves and if their pair fits true to size. and then compare to jeans that you own and fit that have similar rise. the rise is important, you can't just go by waist size.

sounds like in terms of cut you would probably want slim straights or low straights in a rinse or dark wash.

as a cautionary tale, in the old old days (2005?) the jeans were vanity sized so badly that one had to size down quite a bit, and other times had to size up quite a bit. check out this thread on sufu for the evidence: http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk...ad.php?t=14076

2. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

someone should grab these ... BNWT Selvedge Officer Chinos in 34 no affiliation ... these are the ones from last season. they are amazing and i had a pair in 28 but were still too big so sold on here. the new season's officer chinos seem to run a bit slimmer and are def softer though

went to polo mansion yesterday and they sent ALL of their sales to Soho store. cabbed to soho store and they had a bunch of sale stuff in every size. it was pretty sweet. grabbed a few RRL flannels for 75ish and finally pulled the trigger on the RRL Oxblood Raw Selvedge jeans for 105! they will prolly wont get worn that much but spring season is coming and they are light weight and at that price i can wear once in a blue moon and not cry about it.

3. hboogz

hboogz Senior member

Those chino's are cut extremely full...too full for my tastes. While nicely constructed, the fit is extremely unflattering on bigger dudes... I could take them to a tailor, but honestly, I really don't think I'll get them to fit the way I want them to. But that's just me.

Can anyone confirm/deny the RRL oxfords, not the selvedge, are capable of shrinking? The L is just a bit snug at the chest, and of course the XL is a tad too loose.

4. randomkoreandude

Those chino's are cut extremely full...too full for my tastes. While nicely constructed, the fit is extremely unflattering on bigger dudes... I could take them to a tailor, but honestly, I really don't think I'll get them to fit the way I want them to. But that's just me.

yeah this is why i sold mine. i didnt have time to try the new season's officer chinos but they probably fit similar and not the way i want, even if it is slightly "better" this new time around

5. clee1982

clee1982 Senior member

someone should grab these ... BNWT Selvedge Officer Chinos in 34 no affiliation ... these are the ones from last season. they are amazing and i had a pair in 28 but were still too big so sold on here. the new season's officer chinos seem to run a bit slimmer and are def softer though

went to polo mansion yesterday and they sent ALL of their sales to Soho store. cabbed to soho store and they had a bunch of sale stuff in every size. it was pretty sweet. grabbed a few RRL flannels for 75ish and finally pulled the trigger on the RRL Oxblood Raw Selvedge jeans for 105! they will prolly wont get worn that much but spring season is coming and they are light weight and at that price i can wear once in a blue moon and not cry about it.

ah crap, I wish I was still in NYC...

6. hboogz

hboogz Senior member

Random -- by chance, did you spot at slim-fit denim in size 34? all denim is about $100?

7. randomkoreandude

Random -- by chance, did you spot at slim-fit denim in size 34? all denim is about $100?

hmmm ... there were a TON of cords and almost EG/WWM styled field pants in every size def in 34. in terms of denim, most were various washes and treatments on them but there were at least 1-2.

i didnt see many raws or single washed raws ... there were a few black denim and 1 last oxblood red in 36. but they had stuff in the back that wasnt on the floor and you just had to ask an SA. one of the dudes Rickie, was really great and called other stores to find me my size 28 in oxblood. best to swing by and try if your local

8. hboogz

hboogz Senior member

Good Looks. Debating a trip after work. Although I'm tired as FUCK. Thanks again.

9. oboy_oboy

oboy_oboy Senior member

Does that store do phone orders/ship? Or only select ones...?

10. randomkoreandude

the SA called and found it in Dallas for me and they took my info down and faxed over to them and they shipped this morning so worked for me but maybe only cuz he was doing me a favor and i was actually in store ...

11. el duderino

el duderino Senior member

Does that store do phone orders/ship? Or only select ones...?

All RL/RRL stores do phone orders. Shipping is a flat $15 via FedEx, you get charged sales tax based on your shipping address.

12. the_pole

the_pole Senior member

W. Broadway or Prince St.??

13. theRRshop

theRRshop Senior member

14. randomkoreandude

15. Bona Drag

Bona Drag Senior member

got a couple pairs of slim boot that im considering throwing up on the bay/b&s; copped on ebay about a year and a half ago

its weird though, the buttons dont seem that sturdy - like they kind of rattle if the crotch is undone
    (i bought/returned a pair from the michigan ave rl in like 07 but cant remember if they were like this too)

is this normal? i am certain they are legit, but is there any chance theyre b stock or something?

16. ElliottPapineau

ElliottPapineau Senior member

17. randomkoreandude

its been a few days ... you should just call. if you get a good SA and they arent busy, they should be able to check other RRL stores and locate what your looking for [​IMG]

if not ask for one of their email addresses and you will call back later. its worked for me before. cheers!

18. osadolor619

osadolor619 Senior member

There is something infuriating about the eBay RRL seller with the goatee. He makes everything look terrible.

I don't know what it is about him but he just makes me not want to buy what ever he's selling.[​IMG]

19. oboy_oboy

oboy_oboy Senior member

Thanks fellas. got super busy. Still want to find a white oxford in M, or if selvedge than L a it seems those run small. will try to get on the phone...

20. Matt44

Matt44 Senior member

Question from an RRL noob: I've got my eye on a pair of the slim boot corduroy jeans. Are these true to size or do they run a little long?

Thanks for any help!