1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Chubbs

Chubbs Senior member

So the current promo code does not work with this sale?

2. Fenderplyr

Fenderplyr Senior member

going to stop by the bleeker store today, hopefully picking up the ashby jacket

3. BrunnerDominic

BrunnerDominic Senior member

[​IMG]

Anyone bought this yet? A short review on fabric/handfeel, sizing/fit would be highly appreciated...

4. Cooly

Cooly Senior member

Yes! - the military Fiennes shirt will be mine ... Been waiting for that one to go on sale and the Fillmore store didn't have it ...

The stores have been having these items 40% off the past couple weeks (at least). Some of the items (I.e. The slim narrow Jean) may go fast - I got the second to last one at the Fillmore store this past weekend.

5. Fenderplyr

Fenderplyr Senior member

[​IMG]

Just got back from bleeker with some nice pickups, the sale in store is definitely better as a lot of the "designer sale" items are already marked down with an additional 30% on top of them. Got the Dylan slims for 150 while they're still 200 online and the wallet was only 37. They will honor any markdowns from the website and I ended up ordering the ashby online to save on sales tax

6. carloso

carloso Senior member

does anyone know if the slim fit denim western shirt is on sale in store? any help is appreciated TIA

7. zissou

zissou Senior member

Am I doing something wrong in that I don't see anything actually on sale using the early access link? Also, kinda lame that RLMEM15 applies to so little RRL.

8. Mon Dieu

Mon Dieu Senior member

Last edited: May 19, 2015
  9. Cooly

Cooly Senior member

Thanks for telling me they [the slim-narrow jeans] were on sale. I went and got the second to last pair at the Fillmore store over the weekend.

The fit - I'm trying to get used to it. I think these are the most "vintage" fitting jeans I've worn. Not what I was expecting - definitely not a "skinny" jean. I feel like I'm wearing a vintage/retro look with these. As you mention as well as the description does, the thighs are the same as slims, but the calves are tapered. For me, since the denim is still pretty stiff, my thighs section kind of rest on the calf part at the knee (make sense)... Its interesting...very tubular fit.

The tapered calves do make boots (red wings and other boots I have) look better/stand out...

I got these in the same waist size I get in the other jeans from RRL and these are a bit more roomy for me personally.

The denim - I find it softer/less rigid then the slim-straights I got in November and less dye is bleeding on other items (hands, furniture,belts,shoes). The slim-straights bled "annoying a lot".... This denim is totally different feeling and looking....

Anyway. my .02..a definite changed in look...we'll see if it grows on me .... couldn't pass up the discount and the marketing on the east-west denim lured me in....

I took fit pics and will try to post them when I get a chance ...

10. kwhitelaw

kwhitelaw Senior member

11. Cooly

Cooly Senior member

You may have to put in the code "DESIGNER15" to get the discount to work at checkout - I did.

12. tulufan

tulufan Member

got this jacket today from online private sale. so happy.[​IMG]

13. kwhitelaw

kwhitelaw Senior member

weird, none of the sale prices show on my page. A pair of RRL jeans show a discount once in my cart, but not on the main screen while searching

14. Kensington

Kensington Senior member

Jumped on this 'RRL-ish' patchwork flannel D&S shirt @30% off today. It had some patches that differed from the website that made me like it more. Still a little on the fence about it. Not crazy about some of the plaids but always wanted one of the RRL shirts that were done in this style. Also, I feel like it may get better with washing/sunfading and by adding some of my own tweaks like patches or buttons.

Keep?

[​IMG]

15. White Lotus

White Lotus Senior member

How does that fit?

16. Fenderplyr

Fenderplyr Senior member

Usually like patchwork but this strikes me as very "90's" with all the colors it has going on

17. Cooly

Cooly Senior member

I've been looking for a patchwork popover and RL Polo just came out with one I think I like (which I pre-ordered - not on sale :( )

I liked the indigo patchwork button down RRL came out with this year, but wanted one with a few different colors then indigo blue (wasn't crazy about the idea of wearing the indigo patchwork shirt with indigo jeans - reminded me of when Britney and Justin wore all denim to the MTV music awards :) ) and the $265 price tag also detracted me.

Last edited: May 20, 2015
  18. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

As an aside, I am thinking of posting this Elkhorn in the B&S thread. It's tagged L, but fits slim in body. Would probably ask around $400 for it. Any interest?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Kensington

Kensington Senior member

I agree with you. Flannel shirts in general really have the 90s grunge vibe. I think with some sun-fading/washing there will be more uniformity with the colors and improve it a lot. Fading makes the patchwork much less "loud". Here is some RRL and Polo patchwork from years past:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]