1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

Tags:
  1. pn2k

pn2k Active Member

Anyone know when the UK sale starts?

2. MasterOfDomains

MasterOfDomains Well-Known Member

Which are these??

And while im here whats the story with the rigid denim? I know this has prolly been asked a million times but im just wondering if ppl size down much??? 28 is the smallest RRL size and that fits me with a little extra room but nice...

3. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

yes you can size down 1-2 sizes depending on the model. rrl tends to be a bit vanity sized. i would say that this pair and my black slim fits actually fit smaller so i went 29 instead of my other rrl raw denims where i went 28

once you wear, they will stretch a bit

4. Kensington

Kensington Senior member

Does anyone know if a size xs or small would be equal to a size 36 for RRL blazers? I own one RRL blazer in XS but it fits almost like a 38.

5. randomkoreandude

yeah i havent gotten any new ones post 2014 but i always had to size down on blazers for RRL but maybe someone else can chime in wiht more recent exp

6. halfbaiked

halfbaiked New Member

Quick question .... I have some stuff on hold at RRL... was wondering if 40 percent off is good.. does it go down more than that? Should I wait longer?

7. dmagic

dmagic Well-Known Member

Yes it will go down more but you risk not having your size when it happens .

8. halfbaiked

halfbaiked New Member

9. stickshift

stickshift Senior member

10. Bobbo316

Bobbo316 Senior member

Got the Bigsby Varsity Jacket today for my bday from the wife. Pretty nice coat, lots of little details. Sized down to a small and happy I did because it is boxy towards the bottom.
    Its a little tight still across the waist but Ill never wear it buttoned so Ill keep because sleeve length and jacket length is spot on. Looking forward to putting some wear on it. Its going to pair perfect with the Viberg boondockers I got in yesterday.

11. notwithit

notwithit Senior member

Got my order in from the sale. Couple of thoughts:

Selvedge Aaron workshirt: I like almost everything about it except for the distressing, which really takes it down a notch in my opinion. There's nowhere near as much of a gradient as there appears to be in the product shot, but it still has too much of an LL Bean vibe for me. It would be great if they made an unwashed version, and the fabric is light enough that it would work for a spring / summer shirt. I like the chainstitch run-off, but I'm surprised that it's only a double-needle stitch instead of a triple-needle stitch. I'm also a little surprised it was made in the Philippines, since I usually think of China as the go-to place for low-cost but still sometimes high-quality manufacturing. Also, it runs pretty short in the body and sleeves and narrow in the shoulders. I'd probably size up to a large if I was going to buy it for reals.

Rigid officer chinos in olive: They didn't have these in a 29, so I tried them out in a 30. They're a little loose in the waist but pretty slim through the legs, so I don't know if I'd necessarily want to size down any further. The fabric is really, really stiff and heavy, to the point that it's actually difficult to open the top button. I think the sewn-on buttons are kind of a mismatch with fabric this heavy and stiff; it feels like they're going to snap or pop off or something, and they don't seem to stay buttoned as well. Also, there's no selvedge ID on them.

Rigid Clyde trousers in brown: I really like these, although I'm not thrilled with the buckle in the back. It's made of a rusted metal, and my experience is that rust tends to bleed onto fabric. I'm kinda tempted to keep these, but I'd probably have a tailor remove the buckle-back entirely, which seems a little silly. Also no selvedge ID on these.

12. Fenderplyr

Fenderplyr Senior member

if you were keeping the rigid olive chinos I would anticipate a lot of stretch from them. I've had mine about a year and fit TTS when I first purchased and have since stretched at least one full size

13. ispace

ispace Senior member

Thanks for the reviews @notwithit. I'm contemplating the Aaron workshirt but really difficult to visualise the fading.

I agree, if RRL did more raw workshirts they would kill it.

Note that all of the 10.8oz raw twill pants have a textured self-colored selvedge ID so it is more of a subtle selvedge than the contrasting white/red we normally see.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2015
  14. randomkoreandude

For the rigid olives are they actually olive? They look like the same shade as the dark grayish ones that were released like 2 seasons ago

15. Cooly

Cooly Senior member

I think they are pretty close to park ranger green...but in a "vintage/deadstock" way if that makes sense. The green was unexpected but kind of cool looking...I like the color lots...

Last edited: Apr 28, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  16. NorCal_1

NorCal_1 Senior member

is it true that the RRL store in Hong Kong will not ship to the US, so I'd need to find a proxy?

17. notwithit

notwithit Senior member

Good to know. I'd probably have a tailor bring in the waist a skosh if I was going to keep them. I think the stiffness / button sturdiness mismatch is enough for me to send them back, though.

Yeah, this. They're definitely pretty dark.

1 person likes this.
  18. walds11

walds11 Senior member

I am considering the Camo Cotton Surplus Pant, which is on sale. I have a pair of camo shorts which I wear a lot. Not sure how often I would wear these, but they would be good for kicking around and stuff. How is the fit and weight on these? They are probably lighter weight than the typical army navy store supply camo pants.

http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/...obileOptOut=1&ab=rlmobile_footer_viewfullsite

19. Cooly

Cooly Senior member

So the strange thing is this, I got the regular olive regiment cargo pants and they came in "way big". as in two sizes too big. I normally wear a 32x30 in RRL jeans. I had to get a 30x30 in in the olive colored regiment cargo.

I also tried on the the Camo Cotton Surplus Pant you are referring to, to see if they fit the same way, and they do not. They are basically a different cargo pant. I couldn't even button a 30x30 in the camos. So they run much truer to size. I would size the way you do your jeans on the camo ones.

The sales staff at the RL store guaranteed me the RRL cargo pants stretch a lot...I wear the olive regiment cargo pants from this spring a lot (really like the vintage look of them and the slim fit of them) and would say they stretch a little so far...

Last edited: Apr 29, 2015
  20. walds11

walds11 Senior member

There is no RRL store in the Philly area, so I called one of the stores in NY about the camo cargo pants. The sales rep is going to send a few pairs of the camo cargo pants to my local RL store no commitment, so I can check them out in the flesh. I wouldn’t have to pay for them upfront, which is cool! I wear a 32/32 in the low-straight, so most likely go with 32/32 in the camo cargo. The sales rep is also going to send 33/32 just for the heck of it. I don’t think the cargos will have any stretch to them. They are 30% off plus an additional 15% on the RRL website. The sale in the store is a straight 40%, so not much of a difference in price with these. The olive regiment cargo pants are nice, but I would get more use/wear out of the camo cargos. I like camo and rip stop fabric. These would be great to slum around in!