1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

Tags:
  1. walds11

walds11 Senior member

I'd like to know as well. I ordered a pair of Low Straight Dark-Wash denims. Same deal made in the USA from imported fabrics. This will be my first pair of RRL jeans. Totally looking forward to it! Can we assume that it's Japanese selvedge denim since the fabrics are imported? Here is an old article that may be of interest...

http://www.rawrdenim.com/2013/12/the-rrl-rundown-what-you-need-to-know/

It states..."Each pair of RRL denim is constructed of Cone Mills selvedge denim that was developed exclusively for the brand that ranges in weight from 11.5 Oz. to 15.5 Oz."

2. Fenderplyr

Fenderplyr Senior member

I'm having an interesting issue with my officer chinos. I've had them about a year now and they've stretched from a 32 to a 34 and the seat/butt area looks huuuuge and just looks like it pops out when I'm standing straight up. is this an easy fix for a tailor to bring in the seat?

3. oynag

oynag Senior member

Yes- I had a similar situation with my officer chinos. I had to buy them big in the waist to accommodate for thighs, so I had my tailor bring in the waist. Because of the weight and thickness of the material, this caused serious diaper butt, so she then took in the seat and the crotch and now they're just right.

4. notwithit

notwithit Senior member

Most of the trousers are busted-seam construction, so it's relatively easy to tweak the fit through the waist and seat. I had the seat of both a pair of officer chinos and a pair of clydes taken in to address the same issue.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2015
  5. oceansaway

oceansaway Senior member

It's kind of strange how descriptions and details morph from catalog to online. In the catalog, the Quinn Jacket was described as based on an Ike Jacket, with a trim, short fit. Online, it's dubbed a Moto Jacket, and there's no mention of Ike or trim, short fits. This seems to happen with a lot of RRL items. RRL online, moreover, never gives descriptions about how jackets fit, even when those descriptions are given in the catalog. They provide it for bottoms, but not tops.

http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/index.jsp?productId=56444226

6. boxdok

boxdok Senior member

I have seen them in store. They are grey with a bluish tint to them. They are nice mid weight jean, im guessing around 14oz, made of raw Japanese selvedge. i definitely plan on scooping these up when the first sale hits. Imo they are nice spring, early summer jean. Also, I'm kind of surprised they retail for 300 as opposed to the normal 340 for Japanese Raw. They should break in nicely, doubt you will get any ridiculous fades though.

7. boxdok

boxdok Senior member

I just scooped these low straight for 87 bucks. It's Not my favorite wash or fit.For 87 bucks i couldn't pass up a heavy weight pair of washed Japanese selvedge jeans.

[​IMG]

8. walds11

walds11 Senior member

Nice pickup! I prefer light to medium weight jeans. I may pick up a pair of Low Straight Dark-Wash jeans that I referenced in my post above.

9. allthingswatch

allthingswatch Member

Marshall jacket came in. Wow so warm and love the style. Price was terrific with the sale from my SA. However one annoying thing. The bottom of the back hangs out. I don't know if I will live with this or return.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. pasteurisation

pasteurisation Senior member

Is that meant to be like that? The jacket looks nice though.

11. allthingswatch

allthingswatch Member

Jacket is so nice. I'm sure it's not supposed to be this way. If I adjust it looks good but I don't want to adjust this everytime I wear it multiple times as I walk and get in and out of the car Etc.

12. colabear

colabear Senior member

I also have this Marshall jacket and I got it cheap during the sales. Don't you think they should have used a heavier twill material and not this flimsy gabardine since the faux fur lining is very thick. The material of the collar and reinforcing details are real shearling and leather but the main material looks less substantial. The zipper pulls are very sharp too and I'm afraid that if I move my hands the wrong way that it can easily snag and rip the main material of the jacket.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2015
  13. colabear

colabear Senior member

My jacket's lining doesn't peak out like that. Maybe it just needs ironing or a manufacture defect with excess lining material on seam allowance. Easily fixed but it might cost you $20 bucks

14. Emixam

Emixam Senior member

that's a defect for sure

15. Emixam

Emixam Senior member

has anyone tried on the new slim narrow denim ? Curious to see the difference with the slim fit

[​IMG]

16. melwoesblvd

melwoesblvd Senior member

Anyone still looking for a size M Murray jacket reversible? PM me, BNwT for $300

17. pvoytko

pvoytko Senior member

i have one and it doesnt do it =(

18. White Lotus

White Lotus Senior member

Can you fit your hands into the hand warmer pockets?

Btw I bought a marshall flight jacket and it was a defect too. The triangles were uneven. Yes the back is a defect. Reminds me of the hiker parka i got from Gant. The back pops out because of the air in the quilt lining though the cause of this is different.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2015
  19. allthingswatch

allthingswatch Member

Thanks for the replies. A shame as I do like this jacket a lot. I will have to return.

20. boxdok

boxdok Senior member

New limited edition shirt was just posted on line. Imo this is one of the 3 best pieces to release this season along with both of the leather vest.
    [​IMG]