• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
It's called interfacing or something like that.
It's some fusible stuff to give the fabric stiffness when they do the decorative stitching.

captainshields

Reaction score
It's called interfacing or something like that.
It's some fusible stuff to give the fabric stiffness when they do the decorative stitching.

Thanks for the info! weird...haha

So do other people have the twisted inseam on just one leg like these have? I've never seen it before. Sorry to keep bringing it up. These are the most expensive jeans I've bought and I just want to make sure the twisted inseam only being on one leg is normal or OK.

Thanks guys!

Kensington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks for the info!  weird...haha

So do other people have the twisted inseam on just one leg like these have? I've never seen it before. Sorry to keep bringing it up. These are the most expensive jeans I've bought and I just want to make sure the twisted inseam only being on one leg is normal or OK.

Thanks guys!

Here is a picture of my slim fits that I've never washed. The right leg is much more skewed than the left. Please stop asking the same question over and over. Your jeans are fine.

Last edited:

captainshields

Reaction score
Here is a picture of my slim fits that I've never washed. The right leg is much more skewed than the left. Please stop asking the same question over and over. Your jeans are fine.

Thanks. Sorry for being annoying.

Last edited:

RRL CLOTHING

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The reason they twist in one direction is because of the direction of the twill.

If you get Broken Twill jeans, it should eliminate the problem.. I think.

I've seen the paper inserts before on some jeans I've sold, they're supposed to remove it but sometimes forget. It has something to do with the embroidery machine.

Last edited:

barky

Reaction score
Hi guys, would appreciate if anyone could tell me if a RRL XS shirt is equivalent to a custom fit PRL S? I can't seem to find a size guide for the XS anywhere. Thanks.

captainshields

Reaction score
The reason they twist in one direction is because of the direction of the twill.

If you get Broken Twill jeans, it should eliminate the problem.. I think.

I've seen the paper inserts before on some jeans I've sold, they're supposed to remove it but sometimes forget. It has something to do with the embroidery machine.

Thanks!!

Saturdays

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hi guys, would appreciate if anyone could tell me if a RRL XS shirt is equivalent to a custom fit PRL S? I can't seem to find a size guide for the XS anywhere. Thanks.

it's close, but it's hit or miss, and tends to be smaller.

Saturdays

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks Saturdays.  How small when you say smaller?

It really depends on the kind of shirt, some are designed to be longer, some are designed to leave some room in the chest - at least that's what it seemed like to me whenever I tried any on. Frankly, it's better to say that you can expect XS in RRL to be ~18-18.5" chest sizes, 16-17" shoulders, 25-26" sleeves, and 28.5-30" in length. With the Small Custom fit you can get a 18.5-20" chest, 17-17.5" shoulders, 25"-26" sleeves, and 39.5-32" length

It's rarely ever bigger or the same, but if it is, it's usually highly dependent on the style/type of shirt, I've tried on a thicker fabric button down in XS and it felt like a Small in Custom Fit. But at the same time I tried on a western button down in RRL XS that was shorter in length(~1") than other RRL shirts in XS.

Last edited:

grundletaint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

hey i actually been looking for a boot and i checked these http://shop.timberland.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4207926 out in a macys and they are lightweight the only thing is that i wish they made them in black..its weird cuz i know they have made them in black but i cant find them anywhere idky they stop making them in black...i think you should check them out...
8521-511466-p.jpg

I had a pair of those a few years ago. Super comfortable and durable. The brown was really dark and stayed that way.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads