1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

Tags:
  1. gnu

gnu Senior member

They'll fade very similar to the officer's chinos. Its a subtle fade, but a fade none the less. I haven't really started wearing mine, but they are a similar fabric to the left field brown selvedge duck chinos, of which mine are looking pretty good. I think it depends how you want them to look. If you let them fade they'll take on a more relaxed look.
    The downside to not washing them is they'll get dirty and stains, mud, etc will stand out more. So you could go either way. Just a warning, if you decided to treat them like raws and happen to get them them dirty, don't use one of those stain sticks or try to just scrub it off. It will create an unevenness to the coloring.

1 person likes this.
  2. Kensington

Kensington Senior member

I would say go for it if the added details justify the price for you. The cinch probably does make these look a little more old fashioned though.

I plan to wear these in the same manner as my current pair of chino pants. My style is mostly preppy/traditional, so I'm almost always in a shirt and tie. Sometimes with braces. I sew in buttons for braces into all of my pants on the inside or outside of the waist. I own 4 pairs of braces from RRL so I like to have the option to wear them when I feel like it. If one didn't ever wear braces it would probably make more sense to just buy the standard RRL officer chino if one was in the market for a high end pant.

As gnu said, fades are possible but much more subtle. Not sure how much whiskering is possible but places with continuous stress or abrasion will show. I think continuous washing may have the effect of masking any wear or fading?

Last edited: Jan 22, 2015
  3. randomnoob

randomnoob Senior member

4. notwithit

notwithit Senior member

I believe those are the limited-edition olive slim fits from a few seasons ago (there's a more recent version that's much more green). I have a pair, and they're mostly brown with a hint of green to them.

5. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

yeah those canvas clydes are awesome. i have that mustard duck canvas color as well as the greyish color from 2 seasons back. treat like raw

1 person likes this.
  6. sayocean

sayocean Senior member

Do you still hate the pockets?

7. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

On the officers? I do wish they had a slanted pocket for ease of use, but I've grown accustom to them.

8. EastWestApparel

EastWestApparel Senior member

Hi all, how did you/ would you size on the canvas clyde's for a good fit, not tight nor too loose? I'm pretty much a 32 across a mix of brands give or take.

Much appreciated.

9. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Anyone want a pair of the slim straights in white for about $90? Worn three times.

10. meso

meso Senior member

Could use this advice as well. Do they measure TTS? That is, a size 34 = 34" waist?

11. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

Has anyone seen the Heavy-Weight Plaid Shirt in a store recently? It must have sold out online and I'm looking for a M or L...

[​IMG]

12. Ralph6005

Ralph6005 Active Member

Looking for some 34x32 or 34x34 low straights. Love the Santa fe... I also have a few other washes if anyone wants to trade

13. harveyrabbit

harveyrabbit Senior member

This shirt is ridiculously nice. It may be my favorite item from the Winter collection. The fabric is incredibly soft and rich, and the patterns are really intricate and well-layered. I talked to a couple of women when I wore it the other day, and they were just staring at my shirt while I was talking to them and hardly hearing a word I said. I think I gained some insight into what life is like for women with attractive breasts. ;)

The shirt is definitely slim in the chest, but the fabric is sort of springy. I generally wear a Medium in RRL comfortably, but this shirt felt almost too snug. However, I stayed with the medium as I fully expect it will loosen up. The other measurements on the large would have been too much if I had sized up.

Best of luck in your search. This is one of those items that keeps you coming back to the RRL brand.

1 person likes this.
  14. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

^ LOL thanks for the intel. Sounds like I need to find me a large!

15. sayocean

sayocean Senior member

I came across a pair of selvedge officer's chino. The waist is an inch or two, too big. Should I wear it for a while before getting the waist taken in or would y'all with experience recommend getting the waist slimmed before puttig serious wear in? Thanks

16. Fenderplyr

Fenderplyr Senior member

Grabbed two rigid clydes today and the embroidered slim fit jeans, The clydes measure one size large while the embroidered slim fits are about 3 sizes large

1 person likes this.
  17. randomnoob

randomnoob Senior member

does anyone know if RRL uses different size or position of fading on the washed jeans, depending on inseam length? specifically, if there would be any difference in placement of knee fades between 30 and 32 inseam

18. indigoeagle

indigoeagle Senior member

Yes, I agree with that.
    The fabric contains only 3% percent of cashmere but it amazingly soft.
    I'm normally between M and L in shirts with M tending to be a snug fit and got this one in L. It fits great by itself or with a shirt underneath.

19. pvoytko

pvoytko Senior member

i gambled on this going to sale for a pickup and now regret it =(

20. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

Pretty much what I did, although I actually think I saw it on sale at some point, I just failed to grab it for some reason.