1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

Tags:
  1. doctorman

doctorman Senior member

you just described my biggest fear returning expensive items online (ralph lauren or otherwise). i know my items are probably being process by some high schoolers who are probably posting on their facebook wall while taking in my returns. it really wouldn't surprise me if there were significant theft going on at the same time.

sorry i can't offer you any solutions (aside from agreeing that you should call and talk to someone as high up as possible). but from now on, for anything expensive, i would personally return them to a local store, even if that means i have to drive 50 miles.

2. captainshields

captainshields Senior member

Ya...I guess this might be an expensive lesson.
    But they could theoretically say they just get empty boxes back when people send returns...so they have to be able to be accountable to some level.

Ugh. I hate that site.

3. doctorman

doctorman Senior member

i remember while i was in college, some of my classmates working at the local gap were stealing like there is no tomorrow. there was no accountability for items that were returned and stacked there. they would walk out everyday with some stolen clothes in their gap paper bag.

the company could care less - firing and hiring and training can be expensive. i do think if you can reach the higher ups you may get a chance. you just have to persistent and polite without losing your shit after a few people. all you need is one person to believe you and refund you.

i routinely take a photo of the return paper and sometimes the items i'm returning (with them in a box) when i return something expensive. i think if you go to a small claim court, you'd get a lot more sympathy from the judge.

4. captainshields

I do have a photo of the return label/box etc. But they could still claim that I only put one pair of jeans in the box which is what doesn't seem fair.

I'll keep you guys posted with what happens just in case this happens to someone else.

5. doctorman

doctorman Senior member

depending on what you do for a living/make per hour, i'd go to small claim court if things don't resolve after a thorough complaint.

i hate injustice (intentional or not). i'd present a good case to the judge and i highly doubt they have any kind of documentation to back their cases.

6. captainshields

I agree!
    I've been through the small claims court process before. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Even if you win, the judge just tells the other person they have to pay...which doesn't mean they do.

7. White Lotus

White Lotus Senior member

how much did your return package weigh?

8. White Lotus

RL doesnt let u return to a personal store. The store will ship the package for u to the warehouse and u gotta pay 5 bucks.

9. captainshields

Just under 7 pounds.
    So there's no way they can argue that 1 pair of jeans weighed 7 pounds...

(Actually not sure why the receipt has it that much. I would guess that 2 pairs of jeans plus packaging would be closer to 5 pounds)

10. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

Should be closer to 4 pounds. Most jeans I ship go under 2 pounds in USPS Priority boxes.

11. captainshields

I can't remember but they may have had the large gift boxes with them so that might be why the box weighed so much.

Also, everything I ordered from RL around Christmas came in huge, oversized boxes for some reason, so that added to it as well.

Bottom line, it didn't weigh what one pair of jeans should weigh like they're claiming.

12. clee1982

clee1982 Senior member

Maybe it's different in NYC, I return to the Mansion all the time for free, though they won't give you credit back until it gets back to their warehouse

i.e. I am referring to stuff I bought online, for the stuff bought in store of course you can just always return in store

Last edited: Jan 10, 2015
  13. White Lotus

Yeah that is what I am talking about. Its wack. Most stores like JCrew allow returns instantly. They scan the stuff and you get your money back in about 3 days. For RL he changed his policy a few years ago. I think it was fall of 2012 when I returned my stuff. The cashier said he can ship it back and I'll get the refund. I just ship it back myself because I got materials such as tape that are for eBay.

14. clee1982

clee1982 Senior member

Probably because RL online sell stuff for Macy level as well (basically stuff that will never show up in Mansion) Though I definitely don't remember paying $5.

15. White Lotus

"We will deduct $5 from your order refund for return postage when using the postage-paid return label. If you pay the return postage yourself, you will not be charged a fee."

^ When you use RL return service label, they deduct 5 bucks from your refund. This also applies if you return to their store. The only difference is that the store clerks will be packaging and shipping your return to the RL warehouse.

16. clee1982

clee1982 Senior member

Surprisingly that I never got the 5 charge then, though it has been a while since I returned anything

17. White Lotus

I had the same problem with my flight jacket. Not only were the triangle patches disproportionately stitched on the chest, the pockets were too small. I had to squeeze my hands into them as well. Is this a common problem with RRL?

18. White Lotus

[​IMG]

^ such a sick ass jacket. Too bad RRL messed up. I like it. x.x

19. MasterOfDomains

MasterOfDomains Well-Known Member

20. doctorman

doctorman Senior member

at least they won't (or have fewer excuses to) claim there were only one pair of pants instead of two...