• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

bbhewee

Reaction score
Peter%20Griffin%20freakin%20sweet.jpg

Trapp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Been away from this tread for a month and I return to those hideous patch jeans. Two things that haunt me:

1) the trailer to "The Human Centipede"
2) those patch jeans

I'll probably dream tonight of the human centipede in patch jeans.

downwithianbrown

Reaction score
any one know of any RRL headwear available? Not the normal logo caps and stuff like there is on ebay. I'm looking for engineer caps, bucket caps. stuff like that. ever seen any? outlets finds?

dinogj

Reaction score
Originally Posted by King Leer
Has anyone here seen the Human Centipede film?

Yea i saw it...its not that good. nor is it haunting, or chilling or anything a good horror movie should be. i suggest you skip the hour and a half playtime and watch 2 girls 1 cup if you want that kinda action =P

sf_esq

Reaction score
RRL experts, I just bought this RRL Stratford denim jacket. It's sweet, I might add. It's apparently a one rinse denim made on a draper loom (hency the "hairy" appearance evident on the close up). Any suggestions as to the best way to break this in over time? I'm guessing the wear as much as possible and soak in a tub (not spinning washing machine) is optimal? Want it to eventually have a nice patina that isn't so raw looking. Thanks for any thoughts.

ss10guy3

Reaction score
Mmm. You could sell it to me if you like. I tried to buy one at the RRL on melrose, but they didn't have my size. I would say plenty of wear and a nice cold salt water soak.

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by travisttt
Mmm. You could sell it to me if you like. I tried to buy one at the RRL on melrose, but they didn't have my size. I would say plenty of wear and a nice cold salt water soak.

What does the salt do?

Nice jacket, BTW.

Wazmo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by downwithianbrown
any one know of any RRL headwear available? Not the normal logo caps and stuff like there is on ebay. I'm looking for engineer caps, bucket caps. stuff like that. ever seen any? outlets finds?

The logo hats are available. There are also a few newsboy hats. No bucket hats at the moment. Also a few really cool drivers. What exactly is the perfect hat for you?

sf_esq

Reaction score

fistbump.gif
I was looking for something a little more "distressed", and tried this on (last one in my size, BTW) and really liked it. Yes, what does the salt do? From what I've read here, it seems that "rinsed" denim is capable of a nice fade if not worn and soaked (akin to raw denim). I guess I'll find out. I won't be washing this for a long time. Plus, I can't really wear this every day, so it's going to take years...

airportlobby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Generally, unless you are wearing a denim jacket every day for work, it will take years to develop contrasty fades. Think about how much time it takes to wear in jeans, and they're actually submitted to quite a bit of friction, which jackets generally are not.

This is good if you like the look of the jacket now. You could also wash it frequently, to give it a softer, washed out look.

sf_esq

Reaction score
Originally Posted by airportlobby
Generally, unless you are wearing a denim jacket every day for work, it will take years to develop contrasty fades. Think about how much time it takes to wear in jeans, and they're actually submitted to quite a bit of friction, which jackets generally are not.

This is good if you like the look of the jacket now. You could also wash it frequently, to give it a softer, washed out look.

This, is what I was afraid of. I suppose I may as well continue my search for another jacket which I can enjoy during the years it will take me to wear this in.

ss10guy3

Reaction score
In the areas of the denim that haven't been distressed (damaged), the salt binds to the indigo dye, preventing excess color loss. This results in deeper contrasts between the distressed and non-distressed areas. That's the theory from imogene + willie anyway. You know, a bunch of the RRL denim jackets available on ebay right now are prewashed, and some appear to have the look that you're going for. If you don't feel like waiting years, why not snag one of those instead? http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trk...All-Categories

airportlobby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There is something infuriating about the eBay RRL seller with the goatee. He makes everything look terrible.

sf_esq

Reaction score
In the areas of the denim that haven't been distressed (damaged), the salt binds to the indigo dye, preventing excess color loss. This results in deeper contrasts between the distressed and non-distressed areas. That's the theory from imogene + willie anyway.

You know, a bunch of the RRL denim jackets available on ebay right now are prewashed, and some appear to have the look that you're going for. If you don't feel like waiting years, why not snag one of those instead?

http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trk...All-Categories

Thanks, yes. I actually considered it, but they are too "dirty" looking for my taste. I probably should have avoided the word "distressed". My ideal jacket would be something lighter colored, maybe between those and the one I purchased. I'm fussy, I know.
smile.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads