1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

Tags:
  1. White Lotus

White Lotus Senior member

Do you have links? mind sharing?

Last edited: Jan 7, 2015
  2. White Lotus

that is true but the RRL jean stitch reminds me of the American West.

3. White Lotus

anyone?!!!!!

4. movoblast

movoblast Senior member

@sacafotos Can you post pics of your tailored chinos?

5. sacafotos

sacafotos Senior member

Definitely. I should have them in a few days.

6. Kensington

Kensington Senior member

Thanks for all the responses folks. I guess I'll leave them alone for now. I just tend to eschew any logos so it's not really appealing to me to have distinctive stitching on the back. It reminds me of the denim craze for Jordache jeans or true religion jeans. I'm also fond of minimalism in general so I like APC style with no pocket stitching. I used to own a pair of APC's but for all the hype and the price I thought the quality wasn't so great.

I'd also like to add for anyone wondering that I love the slim straight fit coming from the slim fits. I can now comfortably leave my shirts tucked in which is important to me. Can't stand super low rise pants made for men.

And as someone else answered my pair are just the standard Slim-straight jean not the Ro-bucks.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2015
  7. Kensington

Kensington Senior member

They just added the $25 off $150 purchase, $50 off $250 purchase etc. coupon code along with the $40% of sale. Code is WINTER15. Looks like RRL is excluded unfortunately.

8. Dylanda

Dylanda Well-Known Member

I would be very interested as well

9. oynag

oynag Senior member

A glimmer of hope! It actually would be deviously funny if you were just trolling me and I spent the next two weeks growing a long gray beard as I sat, unwashed, hitting the F5 key until it breaks. Good luck with the boot. I'll let you know if I see it during all my checking.

10. Wildling

Wildling Well-Known Member

They also jacked the prices up on just about everything that was on sale. The Pasadena jeans were $175 yesterday. Today they are $212.

11. Kensington

Kensington Senior member

Ha, I noticed the weird price fluctuations as I was shopping. I guess I lucked out because the two items I had bookmarked were reduced and this added coupon made me throw in a full price item I thought might sell out quickly later.

12. White Lotus

Im extremely disappointed in RRL. I received my flight jacket and the leather chest triangles were unevenly stitched. The hand pockets were too small. Dont get me wrong. Fit was perfect. Sleeve length was perfect. Materials and quality were great. The throat tab could also be hidden under the collar with the button. What a let down. Beautiful bomber jacket made to waste. Can i return rrl stuff to the polo outlet?

13. JTK

JTK Senior member

Have you washed them yet? Wondering about shrinkage, since I need to hem an inch or two of the length.

14. sayocean

sayocean Senior member

Officer's field chino in Gurka is now $97, down from $130 yesterday.

1 person likes this.
  15. Kensington

Kensington Senior member

Ha, not even close. I bought them about a month ago and I've only worn them once so far. I'm not really a denim guy.

I never hem any of my pants anymore unless it's a suit pant. Why not just cuff 'em and avoid the trouble?

16. Lord Nick

Lord Nick Senior member

If anyone has the new look book and could share it I would be very appreciative. Message me if so.

17. boxdok

boxdok Senior member

For those who have Slim straight and regular slim fit. Did you'll size down 1 for slim straight compared to your normal slim fit size or did you'll size the same?.I'm more concerned with the thighs being too tight if I size down.

18. meso

meso Senior member

Some things appear to have gone down, others up? (shrug)

19. Kensington

Kensington Senior member

I wear a size 28 in slim fit and slim straight. Here are the measurements of both of my jeans using the B.I.G. method. Mind you the slim straights aren't completely broken in yet.

Slim Fit 28 x 34
    16.25" Across waist
    9" Front rise
    13.5" Back rise
    34" Inseam
    11" Upper thigh
    7.75" Knee
    7" Leg opening

Slim Straight 28 x 30
    15.75" Across waist
    10" Front rise
    14" Back rise
    30.5" Inseam
    11" Upper thigh
    8" Knee
    7.25" Leg opening

20. MasterOfDomains

MasterOfDomains Well-Known Member

How slim is the slim fit?
    Was looking at this:
    http://m.ralphlauren.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11750065&cp=1760781.11588650.12138266

Coming from ps apc's what are these comparable to? Thanks.

And anyone know if the chainstitch run off on the new haven shirt is on the front or back of the selvedge line? If that's kind of a clear question? Had it slimmed down a bit in the torso and the person who did it removed the chainstitching and now I'm having him redo it.