1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Dave_SFU

Dave_SFU Senior member

The Ranch fit like Slim Fits everywhere but the waist. I got a pair of size 29 and it was like a normal 29 Slim Fit with the waist from a 30 or 31

1 person likes this.
  2. Dirty Denim

Dirty Denim Senior member

My RRL Selvedge Espadrille's toe fade lol

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 5, 2015
    2 people like this.
  3. Ritchee

Ritchee Senior member

The RRL has landed.

Ordered 3 different pants and 2 worked out. Not bad for the internets.

1 - slim straight selvedge pant
    the pictures looked fine but was hesitant with the ‘slim’ description but said what the heck I can always return them.

Ordered Size 36 x 32

below are my measurements -
    Waist - 18.5
    rise - 12
    inseam - 33
    leg opening - 8.5

waist is loose for me but I can live with it, just notch up the belt
    web site says = For best results, wear 90 days without washing.

I’d buy it again. Classic jean fit and great fabric. It’s a keeper

2 - Military utility pant

Ordered Size 36 x 32

Waist - 18
    rise - 12.5
    inseam - 32
    leg opening - 9.75

Too baggy, I suppose I could have them altered but don’t feel like it. Going back - but not for the quality. The measurements are spot and the fabric is top notch

3 - Canvas Clyde pant

Ordered Size 36 x 32

Waist - 18
    rise - 12
    inseam - 34
    leg opening - 8.75

Verdict = The Clyde takes canvas fabric to a new level. the amp is turned up to 11 and they’re a keeper

RRL - put back the old web site.

4. gumercindo

gumercindo Senior member

Landed the indigo selvedge slims and you all weren't kidding - very dark! Compared it side by side with my black slims and it was very close but you can see the difference. I'm looking forward to see how it fades over time.

As for the fit, it's definitely a little more snug around the thighs that my other slims but that will stretch a bit with time. I am not sure if it's worthwhile to size up one on the waist. My concern with that is that the waist will be too big while everything else fits fine. I'm hoping they stretch some because I love the look.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2015
  5. Kensington

Kensington Senior member

Can I take a poll whether I should leave the backstitching alone or take em out? Any words to sway me in either direction would be appreciated.

My old raws:
    [​IMG]

vs

My new raw slim straights:
    [​IMG]

6. Dirty Denim

Dirty Denim Senior member

RRL back pocket stitch rivals Levi's in my book. Please leave em in. My favorite are what u get from the Boot cuts with the front pockets done as well

1 person likes this.
  7. doctorman

doctorman Senior member

i'd stick with what steve jobs used to say - always choose a simpler design. while the pocket stitch is very well done, i prefer not having any...

8. harveyrabbit

harveyrabbit Senior member

The stitching is distinctive, and very much part of the brand and its look. Without the stitching, you could just wear APC.
    I don't mean that as a snub. I think you pick the look that best aligns with your personal preferences, and at times that look can mean a particular brand.

Personally I favor RRL and the stitching, which is probably why I am on this forum :D

2 people like this.
  9. DJ Quaaludes

DJ Quaaludes Senior member

+1, also if the back stitching is anything like my pairs of washed slims it will start to come off naturally after repeated wear haha

10. sacafotos

sacafotos Senior member

How much can I expect to pay for a pair of the raws on sale? I assume they're 16.5 oz weight.

I saw a guy wearing a pair yesterday and the slub plus fades looked spectacular. Nice alternative to the Japanese denim, I feel.

I just hope the cuts aren't Uber slim like Saran Wrap.

11. boxdok

boxdok Senior member

^ Are these the Limited edition Ro-Buck or are these another pair. I tried checking on line and I couldn't locate a raw pair of slim straights at all.

12. indigoeagle

indigoeagle Senior member

The RoBucks have a little leather tag on the right back pocket.
    These are the standard slim straights. I think they were introduced last year. Made from Cone denim, I guess. I don't think they were ever made in Japanese denim.
    They might be issued in the new East-West Denim, though. Not sure.
    I like the fit very much, also the Cone denim.

13. UnFacconable

UnFacconable Senior member

You can get them for $168 right now at the Fillmore store. Just picked up a pair (pulled the trigger?) of slim straights yesterday.

14. sacafotos

sacafotos Senior member

Too bad. I just got a pair of denim and have soaked and hemmed them already, else I'd return.

Does RRL use Cone Mills for their current batch of raws and rigids?

15. JTK

JTK Senior member

I love the fit on these, and picked up 2 pair on sale. Anyone know if these are pre-washed, and what shrinkage (length) to expect?

16. cchen

cchen Senior member

Extra 40% on the website

17. Fenderplyr

Fenderplyr Senior member

Does anyone have any info on this vest? It doesn't quite fit me but I don't know the name/ when it came out. The only info I have is that its tagged fall 2 and is a limited edition quilted vest

[​IMG]

18. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

That's been going on for a while now.

19. DJ Quaaludes

DJ Quaaludes Senior member

Recently picked up the Ro-buck LEs that people were talking about earlier, and no lie, its a great fit and fabric. However, I find that because of the higher rise they are running a tad more snug around the waist (the fact that I can't seem to put down leftover Christmas cookies is not helping either).

Can any of you who've worn them for a bit now comment as to the extent in which the fabric on these stretches? Seems like a slightly more 'loose' weave so I'm hopeful they will stretch a bit.

My other recent pickups from this past season include the red polka jack-rabbit and the cotton/linen sawtooth western.

On a side note the new Krouse jeans they just posted to the website look interesting, the fit would probably never work for me but I like 'em.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2015
  20. Bespoke 51

Bespoke 51 Well-Known Member

Any new info/more pics Spring '15?