1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

Tags:
  1. deez nuts

deez nuts Senior member

how big are the differences in the real mccoy version of the deck jacket and an actual USN deck jkt? i own a pair of WWII deck pants and really love them. i wish they were a little more slim fitting though, not slim fit, but straight fit with a little tapering towards the bottom. but i cant really complain, i use them more for function on those cold winter days. i'm guessing that the real mccoy is more form fitting?

2. captainshields

captainshields Senior member

Man, I always forget how all over the place RL jeans are. Ordered 4 different pairs in a wash I liked...none fit like my normal size.

They must get pissed when people send so much stuff back...

Last edited: Dec 24, 2014
  3. pvoytko

pvoytko Senior member

Says *final prices as shown* in the promo

Misleading unfortunately

4. jimbobby

jimbobby New Member

My family asked why I like RRL (or any Ralph Lauren brand) so much and I explained the quality behind it and the greatness behind it. They seemed to not understand why anyone would pay for a pair of crisp dark blue jeans (Rigid Slim Fit) for so much and it has made me a lot different from my other family members. A lot of other brands make similar clothes for cheaper. I came to this forum to ask this: Why people like us enjoy RRL so much?

5. Lord Nick

Lord Nick Senior member

They replicate the details spot on, but they admit to tweaking the fit slightly to make it more modern.

6. boxdok

boxdok Senior member

Anybody pick up the limited edition bradford vest any reviews. The Atlanta RRL store only gets certain pieces.

7. White Lotus

White Lotus Senior member

quality and style.

8. Cooly

Cooly Senior member

The Marshall Flight Jacket doesn't have any pocket on the side (to put your hands in) - does it? Otherwise It's a pretty cool coat.

9. oceansaway

oceansaway Senior member

It's because Ralph is selling a lifestyle. You're not gonna feel that in a pair of Banana Republic chinos.

10. oceansaway

oceansaway Senior member

I'm eager to hear a review of Ralph's new NYC restaurant, The Polo Bar, if anybody here happens to visit after it opens later this month.

11. White Lotus

hey! Br chinos fit well on me. Haha

12. smartie-pants

smartie-pants Well-Known Member

Just bought my first pair of RRL jeans, and like so many others on this thread, had to order 3 different sizes before I got the right fit. Additionally, I paid full price and and during the 2 week exchange process, the jeans were discounted twice and I ended up with several price adjustments.

Super impressed with the quality, but not the size discrepancies. I just placed an order for some other pieces, all in an XS. Anyone have experience with this size? Are they truly XS?

13. RandJG1

RandJG1 Senior member

to me the historical reference, the detail, the quality of materials and workmanship, the exclusivity--and low production numbers, many pieces just speak to me

14. Kensington

Kensington Senior member

Aesthetic/details and quality.

Also, I don't mean to sound condescending if it sounds that way, but what lifestyle is RRL selling specifically?

Last edited: Dec 25, 2014
  15. White Lotus

wild west, military, old school vintage style clothing.

1 person likes this.
  16. Kensington

Kensington Senior member

Derp. I guess I just by the clothes for the specific pieces themselves so I was curious what "lifestyle" people were buying into.

I meant to write "lifestyle" in that first post in response to someone else. Is anyone here an actual or aspiring tradesman, railroad foreman, or cowboy who buys RRL because it fits their lifestyle? I buy RRL pieces for the garments themselves and never thought I was presenting a certain lifestyle. I also don't wear RRL exclusively though.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2014
  17. doctorman

doctorman Senior member

i appreciate the understated-ness. i also like the vintage designs and the above-average quality (for the price). and the fact their stuff is constantly on sale doesn't hurt either...

1 person likes this.
  18. White Lotus

LOL. What kind of cowboy can spend 300-500 bucks on clothes? For those prices I wouldn't wear them for that rugged lifestyle. I think people buy RRL because of the style. They like that style of clothing. They admire vintage pieces kind of like a collector.

19. ChasingBobby

ChasingBobby Senior member

These folks buy and wear wrangler jeans and Lee jeans lol.

RL just took that look stamped RRL on them lol

20. White Lotus

i noticed workwear and military garments are very popular. Ex) bombers, work jackets, field jackets, denim jackets. I dont think those pieces were that expensive. I mean did cowboys spend 200+ bucks on a jacket? I doubt french workers wore 200 bucks jacket. Nonetheless i think fashion designers take these pieces and add a little twist to it. I dont think that justifies the price mark up but its business.