1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Froosh

Froosh Senior member

Does anyone live near the Melrose Ave RRL? If you can help, please PM me asap!

2. Doug C

Doug C Well-Known Member

Can anyone get me a pair of those sun faded Chuck Taylor low-tops that is/was being sold by RRL stores? Size 10.5, and not stinky [​IMG]

3. edubs01

edubs01 Senior member

Are they selling vintage Chucks? I have never seen nor heard about this.

4. deez nuts

deez nuts Senior member

Can anyone get me a pair of those sun faded Chuck Taylor low-tops that is/was being sold by RRL stores? Size 10.5, and not stinky [​IMG]

never heard of these but if u PM details i can find out for you.

5. King Leer

King Leer Senior member

Never seen these Chuck Taylor's either.

Some nice new stuff out from the Icon and Grand Canyon collection in stores now. I sort of dig the GC stuff, especially some of the pants.

6. srgprod

srgprod Senior member

Never seen these Chuck Taylor's either.

Some nice new stuff out from the Icon and Grand Canyon collection in stores now. I sort of dig the GC stuff, especially some of the pants.

I love the new green slim fits. The faded color is really nice. Can be worn with mostly everything.

7. Kvc06

Kvc06 Senior member

What do you guys think of the fit on this flannel? Got it on sale Should I keep it? [​IMG]

8. pseudonym

pseudonym Senior member

I can't fit that specific flannel in my wardrobe, but it's a spot-on fit.

9. King Leer

King Leer Senior member

Yes, love that shirt but can't fit it into my wardrobe as I have lots quite similar to that one.

Looks good! Did you get that at the Polo store in Chicago?

10. Kvc06

Kvc06 Senior member

Thanks guys, I got it at Barneys CO OP here,
    I guess they started carrying RRL clothes in addition to the jeans they had, awesome!

11. King Leer

King Leer Senior member

Yeah they carry RRL Apparel, and are having a nice sale right now, good score!

12. UltraMagnetical

UltraMagnetical Senior member

quick question...how would you guys compare fit and quality of RRL OCBD to RL rugby and PRL custom fit? Thanks!

13. somatoform

somatoform Senior member

Dissappointed with RRL.

More than a year ago I bought a selvedge denim western shirt with the embroidery on the pockets. Fantastic shirt - pearl snaps, heavy (probably 10-12oz), slubby, vibrant blue with some variations, a bit of streaking. Retail $225. Made in the USA. I don't have the ability to make the comparisons, but it could probably be put on par, if not better, than denim western shirts by Iron Heart or Flat head.

A couple of weeks ago I got a selvedge denim western shirt from this season. Same style, but without the embroidery at the pockets. I'm happy with it, but it seems so weak in comparison - light weight denim (maybe 7-8oz), plain jane uniform color, no texture. Retail $270. Made in the USA.

Is this direction they are taking? Increased retail prices with diminished fabric quality? Has anyone else with older and newer RRL pieces noticed this or not so much?

14. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

^ I discovered RRL last year and the quality seems great to me. I would love to get my hands on some of the older RRL stuff to compare with the stuff I recently purchased.

15. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

Flannel looks good on you. I would def keep that piece as long as it was under $100. I was at the Barneys store in SF last weekend and almost bought a navajo button up. Shit looked kerrrazehh but the fabric was buttery soft. Point being it was more than a $100 and i didnt want to have to explain to all my friends why i decided to pay so much for an 'ugly' shirt.

btw, I envy all you bastards with RL stores nearby. The closest RL store that carries RRL is a 2 hour drive and the RL outlet never carries any RRL. [​IMG]

16. somatoform

somatoform Senior member

^ I discovered RRL last year and the quality seems great to me. I would love to get my hands on some of the older RRL stuff to compare with the stuff I recently purchased.

My older denims are fantastic - jeans (with discontinued backpocket arcs) and shirts, and a badass selvedge jean jacket. I've already mentioned my impression of the new denim shirt; would also like to buy a new straight cut jean to compare to my older straight.

17. UltraMagnetical

UltraMagnetical Senior member

quick question...how would you guys compare fit and quality of RRL OCBD to RL rugby and PRL custom fit? Thanks!

anyone?

18. james_timothy

james_timothy Senior member

The oxfords from all three that I have owned are roughly the same quality. I prefer my RRL, but the PRL was nice.

19. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

Actually, those look exactly like the FW10 RRL pair from the Alaska (maybe Outlaw) collection. Basically officer chino cut in canvas fabric w/ double knee, snap closure, belt tabs, and inner suspender buttons. I believe there should be pairs of those still available. If the extra 25% sale is still going on, you should probably be able to get them near 50% off. [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Slightly off topic, but I saw something very similar to these in a mainline RL store from Polo. Not all the details, but similar back pockets and over all look. And the tag looked very similar to the RRL tag shown in these pictures - almost like they are trying to do a mainline Polo version of RRL. None in my size, but the SA is calling around for me - also on sale. I also saw this piece - also Polo, but could be mistaken for RRL: http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/i...entPage=family This was incredible in person - the website pics do not do it justice. Full, thick, heavy leather outer with a plaid flannel interior. Tons of interior pockets. It weighs a ton. Could easily have passed for RRL. If I thought I could pull off a leather jacket like that, I would have bought it on the spot. Still thinking about it.

20. edubs01

edubs01 Senior member

Going to be in NYC and hitting up the Mansion for sure this weekend.
    Need to cop some new RRL gear.