1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

Tags:
  1. somatoform

somatoform Senior member

I don't have enough variety in my RRL collection to make a general comment of inconsistent sizing, but I can say that I have alot of denim western shirts from 2010 to 2014 all in XL and every single one is practically perfectly consistent. I am quite surprised how well they all compare with one another. A wabash I own in XL is also consistent with XL denim shirts.

Regarding jeans, I only really look at straight leg (raw/rinsed), have only owned a 36, and from what I've observed online (ie ebay) every pair in my size among the post back pocket arc changes measure pretty much all the same: 2" vanity sized, 12" rise, 9" leg opening, yada yada.

So no inconsistent sizing here.

Now, my 2011 (or whatever year) chambray BD workshirt is also XL and huge compared to my other XL, but totally different styles of shirts.

2. ImBurningStarIV

ImBurningStarIV Senior member

Yeah, the last couple years have seemd to be more consistent in the sizing. It seemed like I used to have to try several different sizes to get the right fit, escpecially in jeans.

3. gumercindo

gumercindo Senior member

indigo wash jean still on sale?

4. stu00a

stu00a Senior member

Definitely.

But there is flat rate shipping $15 will be added. Some SA's can waive it with manager's approval but some say straight out no.

5. avocado1

avocado1 Active Member

A pair of officers chinos in robert brown just arrived today via proxy from none other than Mr D. Nuts (cheers mate). I am very happy with them they are now down to $122 on US site, the quality and weight is awesome and at that price they are a steal. Pics on site dont do them justice but I guess thats often the case. They are £320 in London! (about $500!). Will post some picks once I've had them taken up a couple of inches.

6. father's room

father's room Senior member

are those sale items cheaper at the store now than the website? is there going to be another markdown after xmas?

7. 90shilling

90shilling Senior member

Thanks for the heads-up on this - great price! I managed to grab the last pair in my size.

8. clee1982

clee1982 Senior member

9. movoblast

movoblast Senior member

I'm hoping they are the usual downsize 2. I was thinking about holding off until after Xmas but it looked like they're almost all gone so I literally just placed my order.

10. clee1982

clee1982 Senior member

I had 28 in the basket and was wondering about the same thing, but looks like they're gone now, wouldn't happen to be you? :embar:

11. movoblast

movoblast Senior member

Nope I got a beer belly goin on ha!

12. sacafotos

sacafotos Senior member

What size and can you post measurements ? Thigh, knee , hem, waist? I wish RL would post fabric weights more often.

Description says twill, and it looks like the heavy steep twill Hazel Garand pants from Epaulet. Might have to kop.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2014
  13. notwithit

notwithit Senior member

That was me. Unless they run particularly large, I'll probably send them back; I generally prefer a 29, which is only sizing down 1 (I like to be able to tuck my shirt in, or I'm fatter than I realize).

14. clee1982

clee1982 Senior member

haha oh well, can you post measurements when you get it in any case (keeping or returning it)

thanks!

15. notwithit

notwithit Senior member

Sure, no probalo.

edit: I'm hoping they run either larger or smaller than the other chino models, since I picked up both a 28 and a 30. I'll post measurements for both. Might not be until after the holidays unless they show up in the next couple of days.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2014
  16. clee1982

clee1982 Senior member

cool, thanks a lot!

17. avocado1

avocado1 Active Member

33 x 32 officers chino in robert brown:

Waist 34
    Leg 32
    Thigh 10
    Knee 9
    Hem 8.5

I have a pair of the green herringbone twill officers chinos and I think the sizing is consistant with them. The look is similar to the Hazel Garand from Epaulet although these have flecks (? - may not be the right terminology- please do enlighten me if you know a. what I'm referring to and b. the correct way to describe) of white with the brown whereas the Epaulet trousers look to be uniformly brown. I have only seen the Epaulet trousers online though.

I agree about fabric weights, some shirts often disappoint as they look like they should be heavier.

Cheers

18. sacafotos

sacafotos Senior member

@avocado1

Thanks! Wow a 10" in the thigh?

How could these run so slim? If I can't find it in stores here, I'll order online and try it out then return if need be.

I just want a decent pair of khaki-esque pants and I don't like the shrink wrapped look. For a size 31, I've found a thigh of 11.75"-12" is best.

Appreciate the effort, man. Cheers.

19. movoblast

movoblast Senior member

Thanks for posting. I hope these fit.

20. irbe

irbe Senior member

think one of the stronger parts of rrl are their pants from what ive seen in this thread. want to pull trigger on robert brown but sizing seem so wonky. if I need a 31.5 waist would a size 30 be sufficient assuming it will stretch a bit?