1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

Tags:
  1. srgprod

srgprod Senior member

I need to get over to a store this weekend.  
    [/quote]

You don't have to rush. There'll be many more sales and deeper cuts throughout this season.

1 person likes this.
  2. alex99

alex99 Senior member

I just got back from the SF store. Of the 7 things I had on my list, they had 2 and neither were on sale. I asked about a few things I saw in the store and they also were not on sale. So this private sale is still very limited it seems. Will try some other stores on Friday and see if any of the other items on my list made the cut.

One thing the rep told me that I did not know is that if an item is selling very well, it may not get marked down even if it is in the collection that is on sale.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2014
  3. Hirsh

Hirsh Senior member

Hopefully now my allergic disease has identified, I'll be able to wear my amazing 10oz acid bleached Ralph Lauren jeans, which I coul wear because they were 1% Lycra and bought me out in hives..[​IMG]

4. Lord Nick

Lord Nick Senior member

Please go away, like forever, you never even post anything RRL related. You are to me as Lycra is to your hives.

1 person likes this.
  5. urbanwoodsman

urbanwoodsman Senior member

No need to be like that about it. She's as welcome to post as the next person. Happy Holidays, fellow enthusiasts!

1 person likes this.
  6. Hirsh

Hirsh Senior member

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

H[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

7. deez nuts

deez nuts Senior member

Last edited: Nov 28, 2014
  8. Lord Nick

Lord Nick Senior member

It was thrown up on the site a couple weeks ago along with a few other items from past seasons. Since they supposedly aren't using outlets anymore it seems they just throw random items from past seasons they find in their stock.

9. bartleby

bartleby Member

Does anyone have experience with the sizing of the Rigid RRL Slim Fit denim versus the Once Washed?

I have two pairs of the once washed, and the 30 waist fits pretty spot on, maybe a little too big once it stretches.

If I bought the rigids, should I get a 30 or size up to 31 and assume it'll shrink a size?

Thanks!

10. harveyrabbit

harveyrabbit Senior member

[​IMG]

RRL Summit boots by Julian. These were purchased new on sale. I wasn't thrilled with them at first, but the price was too good to pass up. However they have developed an incredible patina and now get lots of interest when worn. It's a great product when it only gets better with age ;)

2 people like this.
  11. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

^loola great, I remember considering but ultimately went with canyon boot. Kind of regret it now summit boots were a better fit

12. non boring

non boring Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Total pickups thus far from the sale, low straight Sacramento, slim rigid ranch Jean and slim rigid indigos. I put them up against the black wash for comparison if anyone is thinking about buying. The color is pretty dark and they bleed like crazy. Just taking them off I get a small amount of dye on my fingers. Color is still amazing though.

2 people like this.
  13. harveyrabbit

harveyrabbit Senior member

Thanks for sharing. Were these in store or online?

I have been very curious about the indigo, and I haven't seen them in person. They look black, but also like a dark navy. Which would you say the color is closer to in real life?

14. fwedo

fwedo Well-Known Member

Thanks. Nothing particular on the sacramento low straight cut ?
    I have tried one few month ago and it was really more roomy than usual LS...

15. notwithit

notwithit Senior member

If these are they: http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/index.jsp?productId=38348686

I would say a dark indigo (particularly if you hold them up against something that's actually black). Not totally unlike Pure Blue Japan's indigo/indigo denim, albeit less slubby.

16. bradyb2008

bradyb2008 New Member

I'm looking for a Mendoza leather jacket from Spring 2014 in size medium. Long shot, but if anybody has one that they are willing to sell please message me.

17. gumercindo

gumercindo Senior member

Nice.

I assume you're going R-L? How does the Sacramento fit?

Last edited: Dec 2, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  18. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

yeah i own these and are in my more recent rotation

they are really really dark, essentially black unless you are wearing indigo/blue as notwithit says, then you notice the dark indigo tones

love them ... they are like black overdyes on indigo and now you can see some indigo contrast fades on mine

ill try and throw up a pic later this week

1 person likes this.
  19. non boring

non boring Well-Known Member

http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/index.jsp?productId=38348686

Purchased all online during the extra 15 or 20% off a month back now (except the black wash). At first glance they look black. But in good lighting (sorry for the crappy iphone pic) you can definitely see the dark navy/indigo hue for sure. They're definitely not black, just a super dark indigo. They also fit a little tighter in the thigh compared to the Slim Rigid Ranch jean. It's an awesome color, definitely recommend :slayer:

The LS Sacramento is definitely a little baggier in the thigh for sure and the waist stretched out after one wear. I have 3 other LS pairs and these definitely fit a little larger. I could have sized down 1. In terms of going RL, just when it comes to denim. Just the best fits/washes/details for me.

20. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

Creepy self quote here...

Ended up getting the Owens jacket today.
    It fits pretty much the same as the Knowles.

Color of Owens is listed as black but with the slight distressing it ends up being almost a dark chocolate.
    It seems to have gone *poof* from online but it was a bit over $800 so almost 50% off. Probably less in store.
    I've been very pleased with RRL leathers.